Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Share |
Old 02-26-2018, 06:15 AM

Do you think software developers should provide installation of their scripts?

I've been checking out codecanyon.net looking to buy some scripts and I have noticed that the majority of the developers who sell their software there don't provide installation of their script after you purchase it. Not even if you pay for extended support. So, basically, "you bought the script, you're on your own from now on. Contact us only if you run into any bugs."

Do you think that's ok? I think they should include at least the installation of their script in the purchase price.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I disagree because I am unwilling to give them the necessary access to it properly.

They should have clear concise instructions, a well remarked config file and an installer that builds the tables in a DB that you create.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

I think it is a good idea to provide a separate installation service for script providers, but i don't think it should be part of the cost of the script, because many webmasters will not need that kind of service if the script provider have added an installation guide to their script or on their website.

Most people who does not know how to install a script on their website would most likely buy some kind of web design service there can install the script for them, that service could be an optional service you buy from the script provider.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Administrator

My impression of Code Canyon is that it is geared towards the DIY webmaster or developers looking for a feature without reinventing the wheel...

If there is good documentation written at the appropriate level for the target audience then the buyer should be able to install the script.

That being said, it might be a selling point if there was an option for those who thought they could do it on their own.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:27 PM

I think software developer should provide installation of script after purchasing,if user knows proper way of installation, it will reduce users time.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:15 AM
Banned

no never because if give the scripts installation then its like telling the magic trick for us developers.

it can be given but the client should be ready to the extra charge.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk