Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-12-2007, 07:15 AM

My desktop keeps refreshing every 10 seconds or so.

When i log on, everything is good. But when i go into my computer, search control panel, etc...my icons go away for a few seconds then come back. It will do this 3 times and on the third time they will not come back. It also takes my task bar away. BUT...when i log on and get on the web (IE) i can do what ever i want to. until i close the browser or minimize and try and do something with my icons. I can only get things back at ctrl-alt-del restart.

I have installed and used 3 different anti-virus programs, spyware such as Malware, Adaware, Super Spy Removal. even went into the registry and deleted values from spots that i have researched. I have reached my limit on this thing. Just short of re-installing XP.

For a few days I have pecked away at things and now have a slight improvement to the disapearing icons. Now my explorer just seems to keep resetting itself. It does this every 30 seconds or so, I have to think now that there is something in the registry values but just can't find it. The system is clean of virus and spyware. Even if i Ctrl-alt-del and type explorer.exe. it still does it.

My explorer.exe disapears from the task manager processes when this happens and reappears when it resets. I do not see anything else disappearing or anything new activating when this happens.

To add to this, i have gone to safe mode and all seems well. I have gone to task manager and have disabled all and rebooted and still it keeps refreshing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bo

Last edited by bo harris; 11-12-2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: adding more .

Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 AM

Here's my HJT log

Here is the HJT log as of 11/12/07...
Attached Files
File Type: txt bo harris HighJack Log 11-12-07.txt (3.2 KB, 361 views)

Old 11-14-2007, 06:21 PM

Question Same Problem here.....

I am having the same problem - desktop and taskbar keep refreshing about every 30 seconds or so....tried everything i can think of to fix it, repair install, restore, sfc /scannow, replacing explorer.exe, virus and spyware scans, etc. only thing i can think of now is registry entries have been messed with by something that didnt get picked up by protection software. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

moz

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk