Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

how to cancel transaction in paypal?

guys, can you help me on how to cancel a transaction that i made using my palpal account? Is there a way to cancel it by my own? or do i have to call customer support for that?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 AM
Contributing Member

Joseph,

If you go to the help section of paypal they give you what you need to do. I am not sure if you are talking about a recurring subscription or a one time only for paypal. However I have taken the time to search paypal for you and if this doesn't get deleted here are the details...

You can cancel only unclaimed payments. If your payment is complete, please contact the recipient of the payment to request a refund.

Unclaimed payments can be canceled for the following reasons:

* A payment sent to an email address is not associated with a PayPal account. Once the email address is added to a PayPal account, the payment is automatically credited to the balance of that account.
* A payment is sent to a recipient with an unconfirmed email address. For security reasons, PayPal can only credit payments sent to a confirmed email address.

If you cancel an eCheck payment or Instant Transfer, PayPal cannot cancel the withdrawal from your bank account. The amount will be credited to your PayPal account balance.

Here's How:

1. Click theMy Account tab.
2. Click the History subtab.
3. Click Cancel in the Action column of the transaction in question.
4. Click Cancel Payment.
5. You have successfully canceled the payment.

I hope this helps you. If it doesn't just let me know.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It really depends. If it's something that you bought through eBay, you can't. You click on an agreement during each purchase and each seller has to pay outrageous fees. Cancelling would be disrespectful. Now, if it was made through an invoice via email, you can cancel it. Otherwise, you might have to do a chargeback if it was something that you lawfully agreed to or you suspect another seller.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

Yes And No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy131 View Post
It really depends. If it's something that you bought through eBay, you can't. You click on an agreement during each purchase and each seller has to pay outrageous fees. Cancelling would be disrespectful. Now, if it was made through an invoice via email, you can cancel it. Otherwise, you might have to do a chargeback if it was something that you lawfully agreed to or you suspect another seller.
Stacy,

Parts of what you are saying are true. However, just because the item is purchased through eBay does not mean that you cannot cancel the payment. There are many things that you may do whether or not you purchase a product through eBay (digital or tangible). First of all, most reputable sellers on eBay offer an automatic 30 day full money back guarantee. So the vast majority of them issue a full refund. You just have to read the policies set by the auction.

Also another way is that there is an insurance program that works with both paypal and eBay (i forgot the actual name and it will take a min or two to find that) which also gives buyer protection. These are just two of the methods.
As far as "outrageous seller fees," again that same online software and also here is some text taken directly from eBay.com:

Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if they win the online auction or use the Buy It Now feature. eBay's Unpaid Item policy requires buyers to pay the seller for the items that they commit to purchase.

Sellers can file an Unpaid Item dispute with eBay for each of their items that are purchased but not paid for. eBay will issue a strike on the account of the buyer who does not honor their obligation to pay (unless the buyer and seller mutually agree not to complete the transaction).

Note: If a buyer gets too many strikes in too short a time period, their account will be suspended indefinitely. In some cases, limits may be placed on the buyer’s account in advance of suspension.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:16 PM

What if both buyer and seller want to cancel the transaction? I entered my non-premier Paypal address on an auction by mistake, and a buyer paid with a credit card. Now Paypal is saying I have to upgrade to a premier account to accept payment.

Is there any way to either cancel this payment so that the buyer can pay to my premier account address, or somehow accept this payment (on either account) without upgrading my non-premier account to premier?

thanks for any help you can provide...

Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Contributing Member

upgrading premiere on paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhuge View Post
What if both buyer and seller want to cancel the transaction? I entered my non-premier Paypal address on an auction by mistake, and a buyer paid with a credit card. Now Paypal is saying I have to upgrade to a premier account to accept payment.

Is there any way to either cancel this payment so that the buyer can pay to my premier account address, or somehow accept this payment (on either account) without upgrading my non-premier account to premier?

thanks for any help you can provide...
mrhuge,

What you need to make this possible, need to get in touch with the buyer and tell them that they need to cancel the transaction that they sent to the other account (as long as payment was not accepted on that account) and send your buyer an invoice from the correct paypal account to submit payment that way. now if you have already accepted the payment on the other account you are just going to have to transfer the funds and eat the loss of the fees.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph.oliver88 View Post
guys, can you help me on how to cancel a transaction that i made using my palpal account? Is there a way to cancel it by my own? or do i have to call customer support for that?
I have done chargeback for credit cards once because of an errant seller but not paypal. It should be the same process though. Explain the case in detail to them. If you have proof that the transaction was not made in good faith, they will support you.

It will take weeks before the money is back to your account and make sure your case is brought up within the chargeback period.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

guys. what if the transaction done with using order for paypal to xoom money transafer. and the transaction has been cancelled by xoom and the money ia on hold.. can i cancelled this pending transaction? and give my money back?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk