Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support

V7N Forum Support Have a problem with the V7N Forums? Get support here.

Share |
Old 02-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

I'm quite surprised for such a big site to have such low limitations on avatars, while I greatly do not mind the HeightxWidth size limit, I can't help but think that V7 either imply that I should add a low quality image, or nothing at all with it's 19.5 KB file size limit.

While this is not a big issue to many, because V7 is all about great content and friendliness, I can't help but to pertain beautiful high quality avatars as an essential aspect to a "pretty" forum (for the lack of a better term). Perhaps we can increase it to 50 KB instead?

Being the childish user I am, I tend to change my avatar regularly, and most of the pictures in my avatars folder are above the limit.

On another note, are images in signatures not allowed?

Thank you very much for your time, I greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by fize4ever; 02-07-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
No Longer Active

It is a pleasure to meet you fize4ever.

Since not all of our members have super fast connections we keep the maximum size at a reasonable level so that everyone can enjoy the community regardless of their Internet speed. Optimizing your images may help with this. My apologies, but we do not allow images within signatures.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
It is a pleasure to meet you fize4ever.

Since not all of our members have super fast connections we keep the maximum size at a reasonable level so that everyone can enjoy the community regardless of their Internet speed. Optimizing your images may help with this. My apologies, but we do not allow images within signatures.
It's a pleasure to meet you too Cricket! I guess this is all within my comprehension limit, but I'm still reluctantly hoping that one day (when members upgrade their internet connection?), you and the rest of the V7 staff change your views about the current situation.

I'm afraid I don't know how to optimize an animated GIF pictures, maybe someone can grace me with his skills and time? I'd seriously appreciate it. =)
If no one is able however, then this suggestion can rest in peace until I proceed with my evil plan to brainwash V7 staff to do my bidding.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
The Controversial Coder

Cricket is a Texan - The Texans don't have the most up-to-date internet infrastructure. In fact the majority of America doesn't, nor does the UK they're 31st and 32nd in the Internet Infrastructure world. Plus browsing V7N on my Android is painful enough already unless I am doing something wrong.

Please don't ban me Cricket.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Williamson View Post
Cricket is a Texan - The Texans don't have the most up-to-date internet infrastructure. In fact the majority of America doesn't, nor does the UK they're 31st and 32nd in the Internet Infrastructure world. Plus browsing V7N on my Android is painful enough already unless I am doing something wrong.

Please don't ban me Cricket.
I assure you I'm on the same boat (only 2MB, which I just got recently). While I'm not a telecommunications wizard, I think the only people that may have difficulty in browsing V7 are the ones with a dial-up connection, and it is hard to imagine dial-up-using webmasters.

I completely understand what both of you are trying to convey, and I respect it greatly.

Well, here goes my cute neko dancing girl. I really wanted to act neko-ish. XD

Old 02-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

We do have some members still using a modem for a connection. They won't admit on the forum here but....

I like your avatar anyways.

Thanks for asking this question though.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support