Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support

V7N Forum Support Have a problem with the V7N Forums? Get support here.

Share |
Old 08-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Contributing Member

No problem at all, it wasn't why I came here anyhow. Sig links have a small value but the blog feed had most value for me. I get enough organic traffic to not need to worry.

I'm more than happy to help moderating during European hours - I offered before but i think I ruffled a few feathers.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

I'll take one for the team too.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

7 members online just now. That's gotta be an all-time low. I'll bet add sales are down and the advertisers are getting a little pissed.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
7 members online just now. That's gotta be an all-time low. I'll bet add sales are down and the advertisers are getting a little pissed.
But look at the bright side. I haven't seen one post from anyone asking the dumb a**ed SEO question just to get SEO and their sig link in the same post.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
But look at the bright side. I haven't seen one post from anyone asking the dumb a**ed SEO question just to get SEO and their sig link in the same post.
What is nofollow link in SEO??

(I wouldn't want to see you get bored. )

Last edited by LMD; 08-07-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

It's a failure to follow instructions.

Like when I tell you where to go and what to do when you get there.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Nofollow is silly. Either allow sigs for everyone or nobody. Problem solved. What happens content wise... time will tell. :-)

Old 08-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
It's a failure to follow instructions.
I sometimes "nofollow" my car's GPS instructions. I'm usually wrong, and should not nofollow'ed her instructions. I call her Lola.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Community Builder

Quote:
This is definitely a plus

Old 08-08-2018, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Here ya go - well, ya get the dumb a$$ed part anyhow: http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread...97#post2332997

Old 08-09-2018, 03:57 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
13 members and 2440 guests

No, ad sales don't go down unless all traffic drops. And why would you want spammers to be your traffic? Do you think they are potential customers for companies featured in the ads?

Old 08-09-2018, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Speaking personally and not in any official capacity, I would rather have 7 quality members than a site full of Spammers.

It is the quality of the posts and not the quantity that matters.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
And why would you want spammers to be your traffic?
This is getting weirder as we go.

Where have I posted that I want or recommend spammers for traffic, or even inferred/suggested it??

Add: I'd like to know how many of the "guests" are actually bots. I'd not be surprised if all or almost all are bots.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:41 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
This is getting weirder as we go.

Where have I posted that I want or recommend spammers for traffic, or even inferred/suggested it??

Add: I'd like to know how many of the "guests" are actually bots. I'd not be surprised if all or almost all are bots.
Doubt it. I still see "Webmaster forum" page 1 Google among some other decent terms. I am sure that at least half of the "bots" are actually real people coming via Google, but opting out quickly seeing 99.9% nonsense posts.

Added:

But then again, that might cause them to click ads instead in which case the forum may actually run as intended.

Last edited by sitetutor; 08-10-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:51 AM
Contributing Member

How valuable is the term "webmaster forum" ? Not very I'm sure, especially when it returns a result of posit 14 - 21 on all browsers from this side of the pond.

From what I can glean, you have basically stated the model of this forum is to drive traffic to adds? Well good luck with that moving forward. The new generation have no time for this old hat chat. Much of what was placed on here last year was utter rubbish, the lack of sig links will take care of that though. Most people don't even understand what I talk about when Ive posted long lengthy detailed and accurate posts about A/B testing results etc.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:31 PM
v7n Mentor

How valuable is the term "webmaster forum" ? Not very I'm sure, especially when it returns a result of posit 14 - 21 on all browsers from this side of the pond.

They had "marketing forum" before alongside many valuable terms. Also page one for things I have been watching like "dating affiliate program". It looks like v7n has dropped on every level. But that is a separate issue from the sig link seekers.

From what I can glean, you have basically stated the model of this forum is to drive traffic to adds?

Of course. They invested 175k into this spot once. Why wouldn't they milk this as much as possible.

Well good luck with that moving forward. The new generation have no time for this old hat chat. Much of what was placed on here last year was utter rubbish, the lack of sig links will take care of that though.

not saying there is a working strategy here. just a desire to keep a boat afloat

Most people don't even understand what I talk about when Ive posted long lengthy detailed and accurate posts about A/B testing results etc.

Why don't you look at how many views it had? What is important is not members but viewers.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
Google search without " '" for webmaster forum == position 8 on page 1 of the results using FF and position 7 using IE.

Position 9 page 1 on Bing using IE.

That's about all the time I'm willing to invest.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Doubt it.
I'm sure the Admins would know the statistical breakdown. ScriptMan? Feel like asking the Admins about the stats on "guests" - bots/vs humans? They don't seem to be very busy fixing the forum glitches.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:07 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
I'm sure the Admins would know the statistical breakdown. ScriptMan? Feel like asking the Admins about the stats on "guests" - bots/vs humans? They don't seem to be very busy fixing the forum glitches.
The days when the admins and owners communicated with the moderators are long gone. And why on earth do you think they would want anybody to have such information?
Maybe you should ask them for the password to their Adsense account while you're @it.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
The days when the admins and owners communicated with the moderators are long gone. And why on earth do you think they would want anybody to have such information?
Maybe you should ask them for the password to their Adsense account while you're @it.
You are clearly jaded, cynical and for some reason, looking to argue for no valid reason. Why don't you ask HTML if there's communication between Admins and Moderators? I can't figure out how you ever managed to get mentor status here when all you want to do is argue when someone here asks a question? I ask the admins of a forum I currently help moderate for clarification of technical issues all the time. They clearly don't drink the same Kool-Aid as you do. Chill out and go bug someone else.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support