Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby

Web Design Lobby Forum for general web design issues not specific to scripting or graphics.

Share |
Old 04-28-2009, 01:22 PM

Exclamation Plagiarism!

Guys,
Сould you please tell me what else can be done against plagiarists and people who break the law in terms of the copyright rights? Perhaps they are not from Europe and USA and so, it would be a waist of time to judge them.
Maybe there is any other way to do something to block their website functioning?
Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

what type of content

is this written work, pictures, photos, non bought stock images, fonts, web design code, or visual look of the site

spoof naming, or aquisation of a webaddress with a name identical to another company, espcially a rival

tell me which ones specifically because typing every individual one will take 30 pages of txt, most of which you can google

Old 04-29-2009, 02:20 AM

This is using free templates with conflict with license - was removed link in footer and changed to the link of another studio.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Contributing Member

first off, you have to prove it via a unique attribute to the website ie, your name etc hidden in the source code,

details of someone in there company or the person who Provided the website for said company on your website/download forum

best results would be, installing fraps and have it record yourself going to there website viewing the source code and seeing such a unique attribute inside the code

repeat in firefox and opera, then file either a legal injunction or sue

usually the threat will get it taken down

however you can not copyright code for websites, unless its unqiue and since all code is not unique, you can not copyright it, backgrounds, pictures illustrations, even fonts you can copyright

but any idiot can download anyones website and use there source code, or make a website identical to yours without copying anything and have either identical code or very close

this is why a lot of websites use unique flash or photos or multipicture methods to make hard for someone to replicate

personally your best bet is to get contact all customers of the wannabe website knicking your work, with a letter asking how much they paid, etc receipts even

as they would be liable for finacial compensation for paying for stolen work unkowningly

they will prob all **** themselves contact the webcompany, no one will get there money back probably, but that persons company will be dead and they may even wish you to do the website for them, etc etc

everything else is prob predictable

Old 04-29-2009, 04:35 AM
Contributing Member

Is there a way that we can submit to google our content before we post it to our website? That way when someone copy your content... it can be easier to ask google not to index those pages that has your content in it.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
first off, you have to prove it via a unique attribute to the website ie, your name etc hidden in the source code,

details of someone in there company or the person who Provided the website for said company on your website/download forum

best results would be, installing fraps and have it record yourself going to there website viewing the source code and seeing such a unique attribute inside the code

repeat in firefox and opera, then file either a legal injunction or sue

usually the threat will get it taken down

however you can not copyright code for websites, unless its unqiue and since all code is not unique, you can not copyright it, backgrounds, pictures illustrations, even fonts you can copyright

but any idiot can download anyones website and use there source code, or make a website identical to yours without copying anything and have either identical code or very close

this is why a lot of websites use unique flash or photos or multipicture methods to make hard for someone to replicate

personally your best bet is to get contact all customers of the wannabe website knicking your work, with a letter asking how much they paid, etc receipts even

as they would be liable for finacial compensation for paying for stolen work unkowningly

they will prob all **** themselves contact the webcompany, no one will get there money back probably, but that persons company will be dead and they may even wish you to do the website for them, etc etc

everything else is prob predictable

Is developed web design (psd) and HTML code are the same thing? Why do you think we can't put our copyright on the entire templates?

You can put nothing in the code template which would not be able to remove by another person. If he wants to of course.

Is there a meaning to write to a domain name registrar website whose owner has violated copyright law? The registrar is empowered to compel his client from the unlawful actions?

Old 05-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

think man think

in most cases when people rip of the design code, they only edit it in frontpage or design view in a dodgy copy of dreamweaver, they often dont go thru each individual line of code looking for little hidden things that dont show up in design view.

because if they did then chances are they had the capability to mimic or recreate your site in the first place,

the only choice in that matter if they Mimic more than one of your sites designs identically three or more for example then you can still use that as levrage to simple contact everyone of his customers he is selling a site to or sold one too, and ask them for a fee for illegally using your design, without permission, and have them take legal matters against the person who sold them the design

if i was putting free themes or designs online, i would not let anyone download them unless they gave me a paypal payment of 0.01 cents so i have a legal transaction to which i can ensure that if i ever see them or there company using it online i have the ammo i need for a quick legal victory

Old 05-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
think man think

in most cases when people rip of the design code, they only edit it in frontpage or design view in a dodgy copy of dreamweaver, they often dont go thru each individual line of code looking for little hidden things that dont show up in design view.

because if they did then chances are they had the capability to mimic or recreate your site in the first place,

the only choice in that matter if they Mimic more than one of your sites designs identically three or more for example then you can still use that as levrage to simple contact everyone of his customers he is selling a site to or sold one too, and ask them for a fee for illegally using your design, without permission, and have them take legal matters against the person who sold them the design

if i was putting free themes or designs online, i would not let anyone download them unless they gave me a paypal payment of 0.01 cents so i have a legal transaction to which i can ensure that if i ever see them or there company using it online i have the ammo i need for a quick legal victory
Thanks for your clarification.
What's about a registrar? You haven't answered. Will be a result if I write a complaint?

Is there some department in Google who could receive an application about copyright infringement?
Can Google banned site violator?

Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest View Post
Is there some department in Google who could receive an application about copyright infringement?
Can Google banned site violator?
You can most likely contact their office about the complaint.

And you would need to supply legal documentation when filing either a DMCA or a real world copyright infringement saying you are the actual owner of the content in question.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest View Post
Is there some department in Google who could receive an application about copyright infringement? Can Google banned site violator?

http://www.google.com/dmca.html

Old 05-04-2009, 03:14 PM
v7n Mentor

The sad part about this whole matter is: money.
You will spend money to get anything back and if they have nothing you get nothing. (but a bill from the attorney) Nobody will do this for you for free.

This is a very good example of: you won the battle, but lost the war.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby