Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby

Web Design Lobby Forum for general web design issues not specific to scripting or graphics.

Share |
Old 04-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Banned

Needs for web designing

Internet marketing has taken a complete look today and now the question is while useful and relevant content is a major factor for site, should I spend money in order to make my site attractive ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Contributing Member

If you can make changes to your website and update it alone then there's no need for you to spend money. However if you're not a designer, then you really need to spend and pay someone to do the job for you.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:01 AM

I think that having an attractive website is essential for a good web presence. This has changed over the years because so many websites are competing with each other and many are now investing in modern web design. I would definitely recommend for you to consider investing a little to improve your website. In the end it's just going to lead to more sales and more visitors.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 PM

If you cut corners, you'll inevitably suffer the consequences in one way or another. There's far more to design these days that just making something look pretty, but people will still be put of by a visually amateur site—it says a lot about your business. Spending cash on decent design is an investment in your business—do it :-)

Old 04-27-2011, 12:17 AM

I don't know how to design the website and i have to make a website of my company, so that's why i need a web designer who can design my website and also give me better advice of this topic.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame Smeth View Post
I don't know how to design the website and i have to make a website of my company, so that's why i need a web designer who can design my website and also give me better advice of this topic.
Please create a thread in our webmaster marketplace if you wish to hire a designer. This not the section to request services in.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Making an attractive site in my opinion helps conversions. I have clients who have doubled sales just by having me make them an amazing landing page to replace the cobbled together ones they had.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 AM

It depends on the subject of your website. If you are designing a website for some celebrity, or athlete, etc.. then you need an attractive website. If your website is about SEO for example then an attractive website won't help much if your service is not really good.

As you mentioned above, you need the website for your company. Well, why does your company need that site? Will your company offer any service, or sell any product? Or you need the website for your clients to know more about your company?

If you are trying to convince your clients to BUY your service then you should care more about what you offer more than the design. Major websites don't always have attractive websites. Google have only search bar on their home page with some few links.
JoeAntis an online directory which has alexa rank of 12 000 and page rank of 6. Check their website, it's very simple. Not very attractive but still have many visitors.

Simply, care about the content more than the design.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Banned

Why not, if you have good search rankings, but the visitors visits your site once, its of know use. Thing is one must stays on site if he visits. This can be achieved only through good design and implementation, specially when you have a shopping or eCommerce site.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Banned

Content and template design both are responsible your site SERP position so be careful to choose both

Old 05-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Banned

How much pay per month what is your duty timing.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:24 AM
Banned

For Internet Marketing an attractive look and fresh content of a website both matters.Without good looking you can not attract the users.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Banned

How much you will pay easily.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

Your site must be rather simple and attractive. More importantly, it must be interactive to the visitors of your site. To make the site visitors as your regular visitors, it is however necessary to concentrate on the content that holds worthy and useful information.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster98 View Post
Internet marketing has taken a complete look today and now the question is while useful and relevant content is a major factor for site, should I spend money in order to make my site attractive ?
Web site design is a vital part of internet marketing. You can generate customers through your website only if it is best designed and optimized. You have said that you have useful and relevant content for your website and ask whether you still should spend money on website design? My answer is a big "YES". You need a professional website design to display your relevant and unique content to visitors. Keep in your mind that first impression is your website design not your content, people would read your content if your website design is compelling and force them to stay on that website.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 AM

If you have deep knowledge in designing then go for it. Otherwise spent some money for it because designing is first thing to attract customers.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

If you think having a website designed for you is too expensive, I suggest you have a look at pre-made templates/themes.

If it's an option for you, get those. You usually pay around $30 - $100 for them and with a bit of customizing, they should fit your needs.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

How much you pay for your website has a lot to do with exactly what you want feature wise, to the quality and speed of the designers themselves. Your local market can also play into that. I would say that it can go anywhere from 500- 10000 for a solid website.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster98 View Post

You Should have to make a proper plane.This will definitely help you out in understanding some of the most basic needs which you should implement while designing your website.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

Of Course you should make the site attractive because you should pay attention to both user friendly and search engine friendly perspectives as its the users only which are gonna provide you the business.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby