Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby

Web Design Lobby Forum for general web design issues not specific to scripting or graphics.

Share |
Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Standard Rate for website creation

I've been doing web design for a while, but it was just for personal use and never really for business. What would you guys say the standard rate is for is for a simple website. One page that describes a business w/ a mailing list form.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

I've heard quite a bit of different numbers for a simple site from $100-$1000+. I think you should price on a case by case basis. For example if they want a logo designed for a one page site it would cost more than when they give you a pre made logo.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Yea, it's really hard narrowing down a price. If I charge too much, I could run them off. If I charge too little, I'll be selling myself short.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Just figure out a price you are comfortable doing the work for. You could also see if your local competitors are posting pricing on their sites to get a feel for the going price in your area.

Cheapest isn't always a guarantee to get the job.

You can also send out some quotes at the pricing you feel comfortable with and when you loose the job ask what it went for to see how you are standing in the market. I'm not suggesting stealing a job by seeing someone else's quote and undercutting them. You lost the job. Find out by how much and if the consumer is comparing apples with apples.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned

Nice post tekboi, there is a massive difference between a ‘web design’ and a ‘professional web design’ and your work speaks for itself. It depends on your content that about what type of content you have to designed it for a website.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

I'd say the average price for a basic 5 page website with contact form is $500. On craigslist and forums you'll see people charging $200 and professional web development companies charge $1500+

Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 PM

good quality design standard price for single designer $20 to $25 per hour

Old 07-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

Something that simple id say $50-$150 depending on there budget
(ofcourse something that simple/cheap must be for a startup business or someone just needing a extra hand to give them a boost).

A real business will pay a real price. A Real website cost money. At the end of the day you get what you pay for, I produce small business websites from $200-$800 & corporate sites at a min.$2,500.

-Software is expensive. With over 16 software ranging $400-$2,000 each it adds up.
-Countless hours not learning or going to school but gaining real EXPERIENCE is priceless.
-If someone is serious about their business, then they will understand it will take more then $200 to make a million dollars.

I myself have nearly 14 years experience and I am self-taught. Being highly involved into the Gaming community & Music early in my beginning days I've spent alot of time to perfect my craft that I will continue to do everyday. Some people actually pay thousands and thousands to goto school for this stuff, get paid for what your worth.

Odd's is whatever budget you choose, aslong as the buyer gets what they want your pretty-much solid. When the client gets the results there looking for you'll be sure they'll give you more business. Just have to fill in the gaps between job now and jobs in the future :p

Old 08-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Banned

Cost of a Basic Informative site/static site (upto 5 pages) is around $700.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 AM

It really depends on where you're located, the scope of the project and your experience.

I think that if you're in New York City, and a big publisher want's you to build their website and you have a ton of experience you can charge high four even five figures for a project.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Contributing Member

I would suggest having a standard rate for working hours and not website creation.
You might experience a simple page project that due to client's needs will take 5 hours of editing, it might be a one page project but it can't cost the same as a 10min website for a mini market store..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby