Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby

Web Design Lobby Forum for general web design issues not specific to scripting or graphics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM

Question Flash Website in Dreamweaver

I am pursuing Web designing can anyone help me in getting through this tricky output... I have downloaded a flash website from Google & working on it in Dreamweaver i am not sure how do i link my Home page button to other buttons eg: About us page & Services Page. Please guide me in codes & also which part of Html should it be inserted in Dreamweaver . Thanks in Advance

Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Flash is great especially the effects but it is not SEO friendly mate. The contents of your site can't be crawled by major search engines.

If I were you, proceed with HTML 5/CSS 3 development. It's better than Flash then combine it it jQuery scripts.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I also want to suggest that Mostly times flash sites are not crawled by major search engines because flash sites take more loading time than other type of sites so according to Stevenpayales you can cobmine jQuery scripts with Flash it will be better option.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:23 AM

Alrite thanks both of You for your Advises in regards to Flash I totally agree with you ,NOW what i was looking for is the codes to link my pages In Flash Actionscript....( As I am Still A student) & learning how do i do this?

Old 03-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

One more thing.
Rember that Apple and ADobe are not great friend,users with mac computers, ipad or iphone cant not see the falsh. And win 8 will only have semi show of flash.. Go for CSS 3 and HTML 5

Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 AM

I also want to suggest that Mostly times flash sites are not crawled by major search engines because flash sites take more loading time than other type of sites so according to Stevenpayales you can cobmine jQuery scripts with Flash it will be better option.

i agree

Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Flash-based websites are to disappear soon.
You're poorly in the SE rankings, so it means you're not on the web in fact.
And Flash is not the only way to create great sites. That's extremely obvious if we consider CSS3/HTML5/Jquery abilities.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Save Flash for stuff like games. If you want an interactive web page, consider what your content is first. I've been on several sites with a whole bunch of flashy stuff. Sure, they looked nice but they were hard to navigate and hell on my connection.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia jones View Post
I am pursuing Web designing can anyone help me in getting through this tricky output... I have downloaded a flash website from Google & working on it in Dreamweaver i am not sure how do i link my Home page button to other buttons eg: About us page & Services Page. Please guide me in codes & also which part of Html should it be inserted in Dreamweaver . Thanks in Advance
As far as I understand you should be preparing some files for that with the names that you would like to link it to. In the links section then you will be able to find the page you would like to link to. For more reference I would suggest you to refer "webtemplateszone.com/tutorials/dw_flash_buttons.htm", this will certainly help have a better idea about what needs to be done and for further reference search it over Google there are plenty of source providing a better insight about procceding with such issues.

This is just because you are in the learning phase else I would also have suggested what the other have suggested you. Hope that it helps.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:51 PM

Well, to make your site compatible with all browser, I recommend you to convert some of SWF to GIF.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am also in the opinion that flash has now become a thing of the past. People are getting more inclined towards the software like drupal, CSS, jQuery, Joomla etc to make their websites more compatible. Moreover dreamweaver itself illustrates just like a tutorial. It may be somewhat technically high, but once a person gets a good hold, then its very easy for him. There are many other websites like w3schools.com which provide excellent knowledge to the beginners.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby