Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

Share |
Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

directory submission and Google Pages with external links

many of the directories I have submitted my website do not appear in the google webmaster tools as Pages with external links.

What is the use of submission to such directories? More important how to identify them so we don't waste time and resources to submit to such directories?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Contributing Member

If they are directories of little consequence and little traffic, there's probably little point in submitting to them. IMHO.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Banned

Read this thread and find your answers
http://www.v7n.com/forums/web-direct...back-link.html

Old 12-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

First not all your backlinks will show up in Google's webmaster central and second there has been an issue with the external links in Google for a little while and they just recently fixed that I think on the 22nd of December.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

Look at PR and what sites are listed in the directory you are thinking to submit to. My opinion is that there are very few directories worthy to be listed in.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

Smile Pages not indexed

May be the pages in directories are not indexed or directories are taking lot of time in reviewing your site

Old 01-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockarolla View Post
many of the directories I have submitted my website do not appear in the google webmaster tools as Pages with external links.

What is the use of submission to such directories? More important how to identify them so we don't waste time and resources to submit to such directories?
Directories submission is essential in seo and increasing one way back links to your web site, it all depends in which directory your submitting your web site to, if its quality or non quality, i had wrote an article about directories and i think it would be useful for you: Quality & Non Quality Web Directories

Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

but distinguishing good from bad directory can be tricky: I have few rules of a thumb about that, like I don't submit to directories using the same template, I do check the Google PR, then browse about the directory for features or things my intuition doesn't approve. What concerns the page rank I don't believe it is very indicative about the quality - now adays it is very easy to buy good rank, though for a short time interval...

So the question is still open.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Contributing Member

Some directories are crap and google ignores them.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockarolla View Post
but distinguishing good from bad directory can be tricky: I have few rules of a thumb about that, like I don't submit to directories using the same template, I do check the Google PR, then browse about the directory for features or things my intuition doesn't approve. What concerns the page rank I don't believe it is very indicative about the quality - now adays it is very easy to buy good rank, though for a short time interval...

So the question is still open.
Actually, yes it may be tricky to distinguish between the quality and non quality directories and as you mentioned page rank is not an indicator for quality, but its an indicator for back links quantity, quality or both and sometimes can be tricky as well.

To distinguish between the two types i usually check first the SEO part and contents, if they did it or not, i also take a quick look at their back links in google to see if they have quality and quantity of there back links.

Then i check directory listing if they have too many crap links and accept all type of submissions, or if they have real source of quality web sites.

Its not hard to find good directories, but usually they are paid or hard to get listed in.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
Read this thread and find your answers
http://www.v7n.com/forums/web-direct...back-link.html

Thanks for polite clarification!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues