Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

Share |
Old 08-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Google+ Directory?

Don't ask me how i found this website but i've been surfing the internet for a few hours and found a google plus directory findpeopleonplus.com

I did a search and actually found my google plus profile name listed. I didn't know but there are a few people with my same exact name in this world.

Anyways, have you heard about this directory?

When i clicked on my name on this directory, it listed the number of followers and even some of my posts i did on my google+ wall. Looks like i may need to adjust my privacy settings because i want only my friends/followers...etc to see what i post on my wall. I'm just testing out Google+ few times a week.

Do you think this will be the next highly popular directory? I'm no directory expert but would like to hear your feedback on this directory and it's features.

The link is again: findpeopleonplus.com

Although there is a link on my profile page on this directory to remove myself from there database. Not sure if i'm going to click it just yet because i've just discovered this site few minutes ago.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 AM

They I have never come across with this website, seems to be really one of the best hub to find people. Even I can check what is my privacy level of content shared from my profile.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:06 PM

Found mine too but I don't really mind about my privacy

Old 08-12-2011, 02:04 PM

I thought google plus was supposed to be more secure than facebook?

Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerman169 View Post
I thought google plus was supposed to be more secure than facebook?

It is. You can decide what you want to share and what you wish to keep private. The website above will list only those who wish to be found - which is the main point of Google+ anyway for a marketer.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

in my opinion, the G+ directories are going to gain importance over time, im just not very happy that i found my profile there though....

Old 10-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Banned

I agree with the points above. I thought G+ is more secure than the other web site because people are clamoring for privacy while doing what they like best. I won't be surprised if I see mine in that web site. Moral: Don't give away too much information on the internet, and safeguard more privacy by keeping some stuff to yourself. Should we all start writing journals with lock and key?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

I just search my name there.It is listed there too. I think google+ directory is very helpful to find the business owner in a simple way.But it is very safer.coz if someone don't want to list there, just remove the profile by ourselves easily. I think it will be another popular directory to promote our business,

Old 10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Contributing Member

I'm not sure what the privacy issues are. Why sign up for social media sites if you do not want to interact with others? It's not like they listing any information you haven't already posted yourself.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:09 PM
v7n Mentor

I liken this sort of directory to a "profile builder". We have all these social media profiles (linkedin, facebook, stumbleupon, google+, myspace, etc.) so it seems only natural to have another page to tell everyone what all our profiles are hahaha.

People's contact/about pages must be getting massive with all the contact details they have to include now. Imagine your business card with all these silly little URLs all over it that people can find you on. HAHAHA.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Contributing Member

It is very fine sharing. Just I searched two friends using this link, and they are getting my add request. Thanks for your timing.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 PM

I didn't find mind. I'm thinking, after reading some posts here, I shouldn't be upset.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 AM

Name search for all g+ accounts? Nice feature for hr managers ) , there is also a wider service like ark.com

Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Don't ask me how i found this website but i've been surfing the internet for a few hours and found a google plus directory findpeopleonplus.com

I did a search and actually found my google plus profile name listed. I didn't know but there are a few people with my same exact name in this world.

Anyways, have you heard about this directory?

When i clicked on my name on this directory, it listed the number of followers and even some of my posts i did on my google+ wall. Looks like i may need to adjust my privacy settings because i want only my friends/followers...etc to see what i post on my wall. I'm just testing out Google+ few times a week.

Do you think this will be the next highly popular directory? I'm no directory expert but would like to hear your feedback on this directory and it's features.

The link is again: findpeopleonplus.com

Although there is a link on my profile page on this directory to remove myself from there database. Not sure if i'm going to click it just yet because i've just discovered this site few minutes ago.
Hello Friend,

This Website Seems to be how many fans Or Followers they have. May be few Year later it will popular. I have not found myself.

Thanks For giving New Idea.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Contributing Member

IMO, they should hire good lawyers. This is how they ultimately can survive. Playing with people's privacy is like playing with fire. Keep in mind that some people play with fire and they survive.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 AM

I found mine as well. Feel, G + gonna gain popularity in coming time.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybail View Post
I'm not sure what the privacy issues are. Why sign up for social media sites if you do not want to interact with others? It's not like they listing any information you haven't already posted yourself.
The difference is you agree to "Terms of Service" when signing up at the social media sites.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues