Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

Share |
Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member

Paid Directory: One Time or Subscription

Hey whats up
For all you people who currently are running directories, I was wondering if your paid submission is a subscription (monthly / yearly fee like Yahoo) or if it is a one time fee.

If it was a one time thing, I could see you needing a lot of links to make money.

Peace
John

PS: I asked this in another thread but I forgot to subscribe so I asked again, but this is for everyone to respond, not just John.

Last edited by theChronic; 06-07-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Contributing Member

Most of the time paid submission using subscription.If your talking of featured links one time fee are not really recommended.Because from time to time PR changes.The higher the PR the higher the subscription.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theChronic
Hey whats up
For all you people who currently are running directories, I was wondering if your paid submission is a subscription (monthly / yearly fee like Yahoo) or if it is a one time fee.

If it was a one time thing, I could see you needing a lot of links to make money.

Peace
John

PS: I asked this in another thread but I forgot to subscribe so I asked again, but this is for everyone to respond, not just John.
I think one time fee is the most true decision. We

Old 06-08-2006, 07:23 PM
v7n Mentor

For the directory owner, annual fees are the best because you should really be reviewing the listings from time to time, and when a year is up is a good time to review. Also if a site expires, chances are it won't renew the listing, so expired domains automatically drop out of the directory.

However, I think many webmasters don't submit to directories with annual fees unless they are particularly strong directories. Especially if a webmaster has several sites and submits each of them to directories with annual fees, it can be a pain to track them all.

In short, I'd stick with one-time fees until your directory is as strong as Yahoo!'s...

Old 06-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Individualist

I rarely submit if it's an annual fee. I'd rather spend my money on one time fee directories.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Contributing Member

Webmaster are looking for permanent backlinks, so that's what I give em You can still get your recurring revenue coming through direct ads on the site.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:39 PM

I would hope that the directory would be getting new links all the time... so a one time fee would do.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:34 PM
v7n Mentor

Most directories charge on one time fee for express submission. This is in most but not all directories a lifetime listing. Others have a submission option for top of category best placement that is a yearly submission. If you’re in a competitive topic like real-estate you would probable want the top of category placement. For the most part however if you have submitted to a trusted source directory you will get sufficient link value from your submission.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues