Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-09-2014, 03:25 AM
Contributing Member

no need to submit it again if submitted once.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2014, 02:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkadi35 View Post
I do not think DMOZ is providing a good user experience! Most of people agreed on that. If they wanted to solve the issue. They can do that. But, again no one knows exactly what is happening there.

I hope the owner(s) of that Directory can look into the complains of some folks.
Based on numerous posts at numerous webmaster forums it is quite clear not everyone understands or simply refuses to understand what DMOZ is about.

"Solving the good user experience issue"?. Very simple, understand, read and interpret submission guidelines. Me as a user of DMOZ, if I find site listings that have problems I simply report them. I mean how easy is that?

I have more to touch on but going out for dinner

Old 12-13-2014, 09:34 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadil.bora View Post
I left the hope after many attempts past year.
How do you think any directory (not just DMOZ) should treat those that do not follow the guidelines that they agreed they had read and understood when they suggest a site?
Do you remember the bit about not suggesting a site more than once?
Do you think that they might have banned your site?

Old 01-04-2015, 02:37 PM

I have a much experience with DMOZ directory and most of the sites i have submitted had been approved. The problem with DMOZ is that sometimes you have to wait up to 1 year. However, 2 of my sites never get listed and i suspect that is quality issue. If your website is high quality and have a contact page with your address and telephone you should be fine.
I have investigated your specific case and found that there are only 4 websites in this particular category. That makes me think the category has not been updated very often. You can try to submit your site to a different category and and see what happens.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:31 AM
Contributing Member

The only thing which i learned about DMOZ is you have to wait for your listing gets published. Try not to repeat your keywords in title and descriptions as repetitive use may be like a keyword stuffing

Old 01-20-2015, 07:11 AM

I have submitted to dmoz 6 months back once, still i could not find my site listed. Seems approval on Dmoz quite difficult. I followed their guidelines and could not any positive result.

Last edited by samueljohn; 01-20-2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: misspelling

Old 01-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

I have submitted several websites to DMOZ and Yahoo directory years ago,none was approved by DMOZ but one was approved by Yahoo for free.
btw,Yahoo Directory closed,do you think the DMOZ will be closed in future ?

Old 02-04-2015, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qount View Post
I have submitted several websites to DMOZ and Yahoo directory years ago,none was approved by DMOZ but one was approved by Yahoo for free.
btw,Yahoo Directory closed,do you think the DMOZ will be closed in future ?
I don't think DMOZ will be closed in the near future,but taking so much time for approval. Sometimes even we submit adhering to their guidelines, still not seen the site being listed. I feel the dmoz has huge amount of pending sites to look into before listing.That might be one of the reason for their rejection.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozlukcuamca View Post
I have suggested my site to dmoz 3-4 times in 3-4 years but never got a positive result. I am shocked when i see very bad sites indexed there. I think they don't have a proper method of accepting the suggestions
same here... i have the same issue.. rejected 2 times already... i have to work harder, i think...

Old 02-09-2015, 12:29 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomotifbag View Post
rejected 2 times already....
How did you know it was rejected?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
How did you know it was rejected?
no notification email from them after about 6 months.. i guess it is being rejected...

Old 02-09-2015, 12:50 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomotifbag View Post
no notification email from them after about 6 months.. i guess it is being rejected...
Nope. It was more likely that they had not reviewed it and when you resubmitted, you just overwrote the previous submission with the new date ... really silly move.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:57 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
You guess wrong.......review times are anywhere between 1 day and many YEARS, it just depends when a volunteer Editor chooses to work in that specific suggestion pool. As Birdie said, resubmitting merely overwrites the date stamp and results in even further delays.

No emails are sent because the site is either listable according to the guidelines, in which case at some stage it will be listed. Otherwise it isnt listable and you will know that because you should have read the guidlines. Sites that arent listable are obviously deleted.

So no email is necessary because if you read the information when you suggest the site, you will know the outcome.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:07 AM

my site is not listing also.

i want sumbit my website http://www.job4india.in/ in dmoz but it is not show in dmoz directory.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:31 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek161286 View Post
i want sumbit my website http://www.job4india.in/ in dmoz but it is not show in dmoz directory.
It won't be listed. DMOZ only wants useful sites.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 03-27-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:27 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerwow View Post
I tried many times, failed!.
So why did you deliberately break the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you suggested your site? You should only suggest your site once.

How do you think any directory (not just DMOZ) treat those who can not follow the terms and conditions? Maybe they banned you for spamming them.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman123 View Post
yes they did not rely foe confirmation
A reply to suggestion is not a service that they offer. After you suggest a site, you get a screen that says "thanks for your suggestion". Why were you expecting a reply?

Old 04-29-2015, 02:38 AM
Contributing Member

DMOZ ? They are still a live ? There I submit over 20 solid project and no feedback from DMOZ

Old 04-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftyStats View Post
no feedback from DMOZ
If you had read the whole thread (or even just the page you replied on) you would have seen this was addressed right before your reply.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:11 PM
v7n Mentor

I don't understand why webmasters were and still are obsessed with hearing back from DMOZ.

You suggest a site; a screen says 'thank for your suggestion'; they may or may not review and list your suggestion. Move on and get on with your life as there is nothing more you can do. Resubmitting hurts your chances of them reviewing your site.

What happens next? Either:
1. You get listed one day. Life goes on and there is nothing more you can do.
2. You continue to sit in the pool of unreviewed sites. Life goes on and there is nothing more you can do.
3. You get rejected. Life goes on and there is nothing more you can do.

How does hearing back from DMOZ make any difference?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Closed Thread