Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-02-2016, 04:14 AM

Top paid directories - does it worth?

Hello, what do you guys think considering today's SEO guidelines about directory submission to the top paid ones, like BOTW, Jasmine Directory, DirJournal?

I know the best way to gain links is naturally, but it's a bit difficult if the website has little to no visibility.

The submission to these directories is a bit costly, I'm curious if or how much it actually worths being part of them. Anyone else submitted and saw any considerable benefit?

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2017, 01:55 AM
Contributing Member

Please stay away from the paid links from the web directory sites because sooner or later google will catch you, Focus on content marketing for the quality links.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 AM

Never use paid directory listings because it will be available for some time period. After that it will suddenly disappear and your whole effort will be waste.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourabh Rana View Post
Please stay away from the paid links from the web directory sites because sooner or later google will catch you, Focus on content marketing for the quality links.
Why would one worry about paid submission if the links obtained are "nofollow"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyanka Sood View Post
Never use paid directory listings because it will be available for some time period. After that it will suddenly disappear and your whole effort will be waste.
How do you know this? Are you "all-knowing" about all directories on the web today?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
Hello, what do you guys think considering today's SEO guidelines about directory submission to the top paid ones, like BOTW, Jasmine Directory, DirJournal?

I know the best way to gain links is naturally, but it's a bit difficult if the website has little to no visibility.

The submission to these directories is a bit costly, I'm curious if or how much it actually worths being part of them. Anyone else submitted and saw any considerable benefit?

Thanks
I tell you some rule for getting backlinks from somewhere.
First of all check directory age, Alexa rank, DO and PA from Moz.
These rules will give you the authority of any website. If any website has great authority then you can submit your website. but don't be spam. You should be natual. I know making manually backlink are unnatural, but these help you a lot to gain search engine ranking.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanifani727 View Post
I tell you some rule for getting backlinks from somewhere.
First of all check directory age, Alexa rank, DO and PA from Moz.
Why? They are all useless metrics that hold no leverage with google.

I've currently got a site that is not ranked on Alexa and is only has TF 30 and CF 38 according to Majestic and yet I make nearly 1500 sales per month and it has many products ranking 1-3 and 4-10.

Ignore these metrics and concentrate on sales.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:52 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Why would one worry about paid submission if the links obtained are "nofollow"?

Still, I will say to avoid paid links from web directories. I will recommend investing that same amount in paid guest blogging.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:38 AM

My opinion is yes. But those sites must have high PR, niche relevant with good alexa. It's more better if you can find out local directories.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Paid links which utilize the "nofollow" attribute are acceptable, as per Google guidelines. That said, it goes without saying that due diligence is required when obtaining links - whatever kind you are after.

Quote:
Please stay away from the paid links from the web directory sites because sooner or later google will catch you,
Google won't catch you doing anything bad if those links contain the "nofollow" attribute, and the source page is not part of a spam/junk-link-farm.

Quote:
Still, I will say to avoid paid links from web directories.
Either you are spouting something you have heard/read without direct experience, or, you maybe you did experience bad linking efforts and were Google-slapped.

Quote:
I will recommend investing that same amount in paid guest blogging.
BTW - guest blogging/posting can be junk efforts if you are there for the links. Just saying.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Xhprof and PHP 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyanka Sood View Post
Never use paid directory listings because it will be available for somee time period. After that it will suddenly disappear and your whole effort will be waste.
how about v7n.com (http://directory.v7n.com/add_url.php) paid directory - is it any good?

Old 01-19-2017, 01:45 AM

Personally, I don't prefer paid links because Google counts them under black hat SEO, so be careful while investing your money in paid directory links. I've seen some reputed website which has paid directory link and still they are ranking. So, if you really want to go for paid links then do check its PR, Alexa Rank, and backlinks because the website to which you are paying should also have quality backlinks.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_1 View Post
Personally, I don't prefer paid links because Google counts them under black hat SEO,
Really? Where did you get that information from?

Quote:
So, if you really want to go for paid links then do check its PR, Alexa Rank, and backlinks because the website to which you are paying should also have quality backlinks.
Hmmm. First you say its' "black hat", then you say it's Ok. Can't make up your mind?

BTW you can't check PageRank any longer, and Alexa is a meaningless metric which is not part of any search engine's algo.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Really? Where did you get that information from?

Hmmm. First you say its' "black hat", then you say it's Ok. Can't make up your mind?

BTW you can't check PageRank any longer, and Alexa is a meaningless metric which is not part of any search engine's algo.
I think you didn't see the word personally and if you don't know what comes under black hat then Google it before replying to someone's comment and really you kidding me that you can't check PR of a website if it is so then first to learn SEO properly then comment. And what did you say, Alexa is a meaningless metric, a round of applauds for you. You are "GREAT".

Old 01-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I think you didn't see the word personally and if you don't know what comes under black hat then Google it before replying to someone's comment and really you kidding me that you can't check PR of a website if it is so then first to learn SEO properly then comment. And what did you say, Alexa is a meaningless metric, a round of applauds for you. You are "GREAT".
Personally and realisitically, you clearly didn't read my reply post. You inferred that "Google counts them (paid links) under black hat SEO.", which is categorically wrong.

On the topic of Page Rank, why don't you show us how you check the PageRank. And, while on the topic of PageRank, you clearly don't understand that websites don't have PageRank. Only pages do.

Well, I at least I know you aren't "great" at SEO, for sure.

You should really get out more and learn not only SEO, but try harder to learn how to make it seem you know more than you do on a subject. Because as it is, it appears know very little about anything related here.

"Applause"!

Old 01-20-2017, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Rude and arrogant comments will likely get you know where. LMD is actually one of the few people on this site that talks good old fashioned sense.

You contradicted yourself which he picked you up on. As a 'community' it should be each and every one of our jobs to help each other where possible. If pointing out anomalies, discrepancies and down right nonsense is required then so be it.

Page Rank was discounted by Google a long time ago. You can still find toolbars, browsers etc that give you PR of sites...PR that was calculated well over 18 months ago, hence it is useless.

Alexa is completely useless also. I have sites that rank nowhere on Alexa as they deal in high ticket niche areas. I don't need more than 3 or 4 leads per month to turn over 10's of thousands of pounds. So Alexa will look at my visitor count and tell me I'm not in their silly pointless 'club'. So what? Being in the Alexa million doesn't pay my bills.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

go for free ones so at least if they disappear you don't loose any money. Spend money on building your own secondary sites with your hosting. Hard work but very useful

Old 03-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hi Vic,
Is your competition in paid directories? How are they ranking? If you are going to pay to be listed maybe the chamber of commerce and the BBB would be worth considering.

I tried paid and free. I use the Free directories now. For better back links try hub pages, and sqiddo, start building your own relevant, unique content, the search engines will give you more love and attention than you would ever get from a directory, let alone a paid directory.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:19 PM

I think use paid diretory is not good, you can use that amount of money for other purposose with other method, cause in one day the link will disappear when the period is expired. You'd better spent time on free submission

Old 04-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I would personally steer away from them unless you know the site well. Saying that, one of my competitors is on every paid directory imaginable and they seem to be doing pretty well... for now at least!

Old 04-07-2017, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

Top paid directories are not a better choice. It is just a waste of money and precious time. Try free submission, and stay away from paid directories submission sites if you personally do not know them well.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues