Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
No Longer Active

Developing Relationships

What is the best way for people from different states and countries with a specifically defined common interest to get to know each other on the internet? At times people e-mail me due to my web site expressing an interest in becoming organizationally associated. I have no idea who these people are -- but experiences so far indicate they can be extremely interesting, or potentially threatening.

I thought I would like to set up a way that we can converse with each other and get to know each other and, maybe, eventually set up a network. The people involved would essentially have a professional interest in the defined common interest. I was thinking we could share personal experiences and review common relevant and controversial issues.

So I figure I could start some type of private forum, or I have seen e-mail groups at Yahoo. But are there other options, or what is the best way to go about this type thing with a forum or e-mail group??

Thank you for any responses.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Contributing Member

I suppose that in your case as well as in the any case you should unite people for their common interest. I suppose that will be the best way to get people united

Old 02-05-2009, 07:43 AM
v7n Mentor

The concept of Social networking sites are based on ideology to connect the common interest people together, I suppose the Social sites will help you in developing relationship with like minded people worldwide.
Example. facebook/myspace/twitter..

Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 AM
No Longer Active

Well, maybe it's all more basic than I thought. But I've never done it before, so I thought I might try to find out the obvious parts I never considered. But I'm not seeking relationships in general, but only considering those who want to get to know me or associate with me, or to undertake a similar direction, due to how I promote a movement on my website.

I want the correspondence to be private, or at least for those with an exclusive interest, and it really could go somewhere organizationally. Like I got a speaking engagement recently, and I talked with the people there about associating, but it didn't take off. I've had other offers come in, and it gets me thinking -- what is the best way to communicate with these people, as we all seem to want to become a part of something bigger, but we have to get to know each other much better.

Thanks for the responses.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

I agree using social networking sites.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Banned

Blog of forum should interesting for the visitors first of all and I believe that is wht you need to pay more attention on first time.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:53 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsLeft View Post
Well, maybe it's all more basic than I thought. But I've never done it before, so I thought I might try to find out the obvious parts I never considered. But I'm not seeking relationships in general, but only considering those who want to get to know me or associate with me, or to undertake a similar direction, due to how I promote a movement on my website.

I want the correspondence to be private, or at least for those with an exclusive interest, and it really could go somewhere organizationally. Like I got a speaking engagement recently, and I talked with the people there about associating, but it didn't take off. I've had other offers come in, and it gets me thinking -- what is the best way to communicate with these people, as we all seem to want to become a part of something bigger, but we have to get to know each other much better.

There is a First Time for Everything-There Are Always people who are there for the first time, you should check how particular system work and find out yourself the pathways that can lead you towards your goal.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchrist View Post
There is a First Time for Everything-There Are Always people who are there for the first time, you should check how particular system work and find out yourself the pathways that can lead you towards your goal.
I have always been amazed how just posting an issue on website design or objectives and having a little general discussion about it gets me going in thinking in a direction that turns into something very positive. It's something about how the brain works....

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum