Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 PM

Shared Hosting

Hi all,

I'm just looking for some advice from anyone who's currently using or has used in the past a shared hosting solution.

I have a couple of domains at the moment which I will be pointing at the same website, but I could potentially need to host additional sites on other domains at a later date, so it would be handy to be able to add these easily if possible.

I'm obviously looking for a cheap solution and as I won't be needing much storage or bandwidth hopefully this wont be a problem.

The site will just contain a Wordpress blog, so if the package comes with an easy way to install Wordpress (I understand it can be made easier by the hosting package somehow, but having never done it, I'm not entirely clear on the exact details) then that would be a big plus.

The main other point is that I will need good support as I'm pretty much a website noob - although I have a technical background so hope to be able to pick things up pretty quickly despite this being my first time going through this process.

I had been looking at Cloud Next as their prices seem extremely cheap (22.99 per year for my 2 domains, 1GB storage, 5GB bandwidth and one click Wordpress install), but I've read a couple of dodgy things about their support, so am a bit wary of going for them without a recommendation from someone who has used them.

Any suggestions welcome anyway, just let me know if there is any additional information I can give to help you answer.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 11:22 PM

Well there are thousands of web hosts that offer this.

I know HostGator and HostMink.com have similar good priced deals and if you contact either of them, they usually have extra deals to give out.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Contributing Member

For shared hosting, I recommend you find one that does a free domain with the hosting plan. This gives you more savings in terms of domains and having the service connected with the domain is amazingly convenient.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyamazing12 View Post
For shared hosting, I recommend you find one that does a free domain with the hosting plan. This gives you more savings in terms of domains and having the service connected with the domain is amazingly convenient.
I already have my two domains, so I don't think this will make any difference, but thanks anyway.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyamazing12 View Post
Having your domain registration and web hosting with the same company may seem convenient at the time of signup but can create headaches later should you have a disagreement or they just want to be difficult about you moving on to someone else. Been there, done that.

To the OP,
When you do decide on a web hosting firm, make sure that when you sign up you do not mistakenly transfer your domain registration service to the web hosting firm in the process. Read the screens for signing up carefully.

Some web hosting offers are called Reseller accounts or Developer accounts to do what you want to do. Just because you have a Reseller account doesn't mean you have to sell web hosting. You can use it all for yourself.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 PM

@HTMLBasicTutor - That is very true. I know when I first started to get into the development field of work, I had a reseller account mainly for my websites but also used it for other things such as providing space to my customers. Great way to learn cPanel and WHM and make some extra cash on web design offers.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 AM

I think multiple domain hosting is a good option, for those who are developers, and needs hosting and domain name for there clients, this way one can save money, as well as can host there own websites free of cost!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:56 PM

you could buy the hosting from reliable resellers ,which will be much cheaper than purchase from official hosting sites

Old 12-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Contributing Member

I pay $5/month with PowerMonster.net Their basic package is way more than you will need for those two blogs.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

I recommend you do not look for extremely cheap hosts. $6-$10 per month is cheap, if you consider the host spending 10 minutes a month to manage / support you.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member

When selecting cheap website hosting, be sure that the web host provider is reliable. I would like to recommend you hostome.com, they offer Reliable and Cheap hosting solutions along with many useful features included into them. I have heard many positive feedbacks about the quality of hosting services provided by them.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum