Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by afam4eva View Post
I'll go with Hostgator because i've used them personally and the have better reviews.
What do you like about Hostgator's packages and over-all support?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

Performance wise, you will get a same thing from both. Price wise, justhost.com is slightly cheaper right now. In terms of which company has been around longer and is a larger company then hostgator.com. HostGator runs on many different domain names with different branding. They also are running the seohosting.com.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:09 AM

Hostgater is best and reliable in web hosting. Its control panel features are good for a non technical persons to use and it has more rating in any reviews what I have seen yet.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM

I use hostmonster. I have no affiliation other than using their hosting. I've called them for anything and everything and have never had any problems. I feel like most of these hosting companies are leaning more towards "better service then the other guy" so you should be fine where ever you end up.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 AM

It's worth noting, and a little secret of the hosting world, HostGator, JustHost and HostMonster are all owned by the same company (EIG).

Old 08-23-2012, 01:44 PM

I prefer HostGator as well. Using this host for a long time and never had any problems. The thing I love them the most is their awesome support. They helped me a lot of times and without any problems. Really very good experience with them

Old 08-23-2012, 04:55 PM

never tried justhost but have had a good amount of experience with HostGator. They have good support, uptime, and overall solid service. But their VPS are overpriced and do not perform that well. For VPS I would go somewhere else.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:57 AM

There is a good discussion on warrior forum. The site was hosted on JustHost and the support said only "Sorry, it's not our problems". Meanwhile everybody recommends to try HostGator as in this way you would receive help from your their support.

The thread is here: w*w.warriorforum.com/adsense-ppc-seo-discussion-forum/659138-my-sites-have-been-hacked-please-help.html

Old 08-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunamis View Post
There is a good discussion on warrior forum. The site was hosted on JustHost and the support said only "Sorry, it's not our problems". Meanwhile everybody recommends to try HostGator as in this way you would receive help from your their support.

The thread is here: w*w.warriorforum.com/adsense-ppc-seo-discussion-forum/659138-my-sites-have-been-hacked-please-help.html
That is kind of funny seeing what this reply here said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickn View Post
It's worth noting, and a little secret of the hosting world, HostGator, JustHost and HostMonster are all owned by the same company (EIG).
Look at the brands they supposedly own according to this article: List of hosting brands

Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 AM

That list is pretty accurate from my experience. They just acquired HostGator last month though, it still uses their texas-based support, I don't know where JustHost's support is, they also own BlueHost and have Utah based support.

EIG in total is not much smaller, if at all, then Godaddy

Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM

hi
I personally vote for hostgator.i am using their services.they have very strong support in all matters.
thanks

Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 PM

i would pick hostgator. Even though they have some problems and I. It is worth it if you just 1 website.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:04 PM

I have left hostgator several times, Now I just keep them while I try others.
Although it does seem hostgator is getting slower and slower at my support questions.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

We like the Hostgator in sense that they customer service was great. Their live chat staff are knowledgeable and they have a solution for everything once it comes to hosting. One thing they also offer is hosting packages for SEO work. Basically they give you a bunch of shared IPs for a low price rather than only one shared IP.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afam4eva View Post
I'll go with Hostgator because i've used them personally and the have better reviews.
I must say that both companies have bad and good reviews.Sometimes the reviews are written by the company technicians to promote this or that company. If you personally used Hostgator, now you can say for sure that their service is fine.

I didn't use Hostgator servers, but I had an opportunity to comminicate with their operators via the live chat , email and by phone.

There is no menu at the beginning of the call, though it can be still understood how long you have to wait until the suport answers. Here are some interesting cases: 2 operators not knowing the answers asked us to wait a little and went some other place to get a consult, another operator (probably a newbie) apart from the answer, gave a lot of unnecessary information.

Live chat

The connection to the operator is very slow - about 10 minutes. The chat software is not perfect, it stops working sometimes. The answers are not worth the time spent waiting for the connection, as they are template made and are answered with long pauses during the chat. The competence is by far not the best, neither is the politeness. Once we talked to a very incompetent operator, he lacked attention, answered slowly, finally suggested us to email another department and to get an answer from them within 24 hours. Though, the next day, there was already another operator which answered faster and providing more details.

Email

The Email Support left a better impression - 7 letters out of 10 were answered. All the answers show attention to details, are informative and correct.

Call Center

It takes some time until they connect you to an operator. The operators are all native, can answer all the questions giving clear instructions. They speak in a fast tempo, but the speech is clear.

As for Justhost, The Company Has Positive And Negative Sides:

JustHost offers a wide range of services at a low cost. Users are positive about the CPanel, its functions and modules. Clients are offered different types of programs for creating blogs and simple sites, as well as medium-sized projects, which require the knowledge of PHP and MySQL.

JustHost server stability is low. Several older servers are overloaded and that causes problems to websites, located on them.
JustHost technical support operators are friendly, competent and always ready to help with solving problems. However, many of them aren't native speakers, which makes understanding difficult.

Subscribers aren't satisfied with strict limits of the so-called 'unlimited hosting', account cancellation without prior notice for exceeding them, and the fact that tech support doesn't always provide full answers to problems.
JustHost isn't perfect. It provides good uptime and low cost, but the support of servers is bad.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM

besides review as the users said above, you must also analyze the sites authority,

the uptime on hostgator, you can expect almost no downtime, however just host is also a big company but i have use hostgator and would recommend that keeping in mind their support too.

This is big company so they even dont mind if you ask for refund if you are not satisfied.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
besides review as the users said above, you must also analyze the sites authority,

the uptime on hostgator, you can expect almost no downtime, however just host is also a big company but i have use hostgator and would recommend that keeping in mind their support too.

This is big company so they even dont mind if you ask for refund if you are not satisfied.
Uptime – is an important indicator of website availability for visitors. 200 websites were analysed by different services during different time periods to make the correct conclusion regarding the company uptime. The conclusion is: HostGator's uptime rate is 97.78% ( you can see this on the picture).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jstd92p6m...r%20uptime.JPG

Last edited by numaniaw; 10-17-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: picture is not displaying

Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1paket.com View Post
This company has many good as well as bad reviews, it's quite natural for the company.
I will show you the ratio of Hostgator Positive and negative comments:

As you can see from the table and the diagram below (See diagram 1.1), the number of negative comments is twice greater than the number of positive ones. The following shows the distribution of feedback according to specific themes. Based on them, it will be possible to draw a conclusion about the reason of the predominant number of negative comments.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pos negative Hostg.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	16782   Click image for larger version

Name:	hostgator 2.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	16783  

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum