Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 09-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

Go Daddy Message to Users About 9/10 Outage

I have some sites with Go Daddy and just received this email about the 9/10 outage. Just thought I would share.
Quote:

Call us 24/7: 480-505-8877 | Online: www..GoDaddy..com
Dear Jeff Downer,

We owe you a big apology for the intermittent service outages we experienced on September 10 that may have impacted your website, your email and other Go Daddy services.

We let you down and we know it. We take our responsibilities and the trust you place in us very seriously. I cannot express how sorry I am to those of you who were inconvenienced.

The service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables. Once the issues were identified, we took corrective actions to restore services for our customers and GoDaddy.com. We have implemented a series of immediate measures to fix the problem.

At no time was any sensitive customer information, including credit card data, passwords or names and addresses, compromised.

Throughout our history, we have provided 99.999% uptime in our DNS infrastructure. This is the level of performance we expect from ourselves. Monday, we fell short of these expectations. We have learned from this event and will use it to drive improvement in our services.

As a result of this disruption, your account will be credited for the value of 1-month of service for each of your active/published sites.* This credit will be available to you for the next 7 days. Please click the button below to redeem your credit.

It's an honor to serve you. Thank you for the opportunity to re-earn your business and trust.

As always, please call us 24/7 at 1-480-505-8877 anytime, for any reason.

Sincerely,

Scott Wagner
CEO
GoDaddy.com

*You must click to redeem your credit by Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at midnight (Pacific Time). Your in-store credit will expire 2 years after redemption and cannot be refunded for cash. Credits are subject to the terms and conditions in Go Daddy's Universal Terms of Service.

Go Daddy is always looking out for your Internet safety. Learn how to verify legitimate emails and detect email fraud by visiting GoDaddy.com and clicking "Security Center" under "About Go Daddy."

Please do not reply to this email, as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address.

Copyright 1999-2012 GoDaddy.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 09-12-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum