Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Banned

Which On is Best Web Hosting?

I am going to start a Ecommerce website for this purpose I need perfect web hosting plan. I don't have much experience on this.

A friend suggest me 4 web hosting

1. Godady
2. Blue Host
3. Hostgator
4. HostMaster
If some one have experience in these hosting, So please don't hasitate to leave your suggestion

All suggestion are welcome

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Just out of curiosity, have you explored Ecommerce solutions like BigCommerce and Volusion?

GoDaddy = Slow and a bit more complicated to use (custom control panel, MySQL database hosted on a different host, etc)

Bluehost, Hostgator, Hostmonster = it's all the same hosting company, same servers, same data center, same support team (Hostmonster + Bluehost), etc. They're just different brands belonging to Endurance International Group (EIG).

Hostgator used to be great but now they moved over to Bluehost's data center in Provo, Utah and it's not as fast as it used to.

Have a look into InMotion Hosting business hosting plan: http://www.webhostinghero.com/reviews/inmotion-hosting/

My advice to you is don't go with the cheapest solution. I see too many people spending more on a Big Mac and french fries than on a good hosting provider. Don't forget that you always get what you pay for. It costs me over $400 per month for hosting ;-)

Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneB View Post
Just out of curiosity, have you explored Ecommerce solutions like BigCommerce and Volusion?

GoDaddy = Slow and a bit more complicated to use (custom control panel, MySQL database hosted on a different host, etc)

Bluehost, Hostgator, Hostmonster = it's all the same hosting company, same servers, same data center, same support team (Hostmonster + Bluehost), etc. They're just different brands belonging to Endurance International Group (EIG).

Hostgator used to be great but now they moved over to Bluehost's data center in Provo, Utah and it's not as fast as it used to.

Have a look into InMotion Hosting business hosting plan: http://www.webhostinghero.com/reviews/inmotion-hosting/

My advice to you is don't go with the cheapest solution. I see too many people spending more on a Big Mac and french fries than on a good hosting provider. Don't forget that you always get what you pay for. It costs me over $400 per month for hosting ;-)
The funny thing is that you don't recommend bluehost, but you promote them on your website's homepage!

Money can do everything...

Old 09-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostGarou View Post
The funny thing is that you don't recommend bluehost, but you promote them on your website's homepage!

I definitely recommend InMotion Hosting over Bluehost for BUSINESS hosting because:

- They have daily data backups
- Network is much faster

However, for a personal website or starter website, InMotion Hosting may be too expensive so Bluehost would do just fine in that case.

Because there's a Bluehost banner on my website doesn't mean it's the best solution for all kinds of websites.

Also when you see commercials on TV, do you assume that the TV station is endorsing all these products?

Old 09-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

At least be honest with your website's visitors. You cannot convince me, let me tell you why : because bluehost gives high affiliate commission, inmotion NO!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Indeed...

http://www.hostgarou.com/affiliates

Quote:
At least be honest with your website's visitors. You cannot convince me, let me tell you why : because bluehost gives high affiliate commission, inmotion NO!
I get the exact same commission rate for both.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 09-24-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

Good luck then

Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Contributing Member

So were you here just to troll or to make a useful recommendation to Jeff?

Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneB View Post
So were you here just to troll or to make a useful recommendation to Jeff?
Both

Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Both
So HostGarou, what is your suggestion for a hosting plan that meets the Jeffsmitth's requirements?

Jeffsmitth,
We really need more information on the ecommerce site you are building to give accurate recommendations. How big is it going to be to start with? How big do you plan to be in the future.

The hosted ecommerce plans might be overkill if you are not going to have a large site.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:

Its true that money can do any thing. This is also true he is trying to promote own hosting website. But its not funny because every one doing this these days to earn more and more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
So HostGarou, what is your suggestion for a hosting plan that meets the Jeffsmitth's requirements?

Jeffsmitth,
We really need more information on the ecommerce site you are building to give accurate recommendations. How big is it going to be to start with? How big do you plan to be in the future.

The hosted ecommerce plans might be overkill if you are not going to have a large site.
I am planning to build like amazon, Ebay or NewEggs. May be compbination of all. What you can suggest for this requirement

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 09-24-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post

Jeffsmitth,

CrocWeb is my favourite one . I recommend them

Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Jeffsmitth,
What country will you be targetting with your site? Location of the data center (not the hosting company) can make a difference from an SEO perspective (all the little things add up).

Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Banned

I am not targeting a specified country. I am trying to target all regions. SEO and classified ad post are major source to advertise our store and products.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

The web hosts mentioned in the opening thread are pretty big and should work fine for a startup e-commerce website. Unfortunately they are or were at some point oversellers offering "unlimited" bandwidth or disc space, fooling their customers that such thing exists. if you go with them, you support dishonest businesses. They might be able to provide decent service, but as soon you claim the resources that should come with "unlimited", you'd get your account restricted.

I would suggest you to go with any company which is popular with offering web hosting servies based on quality rather than quantity.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

No matter what kind of site you want to host, just step away from Godaddy. Bluehost and Hostgator are good candidates for ecommerce shopping cart except Magento. It is better to get a VPS to host Magento according to my own experience.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Contributing Member

I suggest you to try easycloud. us . a hosting provider that can serve you "vps" level hosting with a shared hosting price

Old 09-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Banned

HOw about If I will try to set up my own server. Mostly developers said, Using own hosting is the best way to increase the loading speed of a website.

Is it true?

Old 09-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsmitth View Post
I am going to start a Ecommerce website for this purpose I need perfect web hosting plan. I don't have much experience on this.

A friend suggest me 4 web hosting

1. Godady
2. Blue Host
3. Hostgator
4. HostMaster
If some one have experience in these hosting, So please don't hasitate to leave your suggestion

All suggestion are welcome

Dear,

I would suggest you Hostgator. All of HostGator's hosting plans are perfect e-commerce solutions.

The Business plan is the best recommendation, as you get a free dedicated SSL, free dedicated IP address, and it allows shopping carts and payment gateways.

Baby plans and higher allow for SSL certificates, shopping carts and payment gateways. (The Hatchling plan does NOT allow for SSL and multiple domains, which makes it less suitable for ecommerce sites.)

All plans allow shopping carts and payment gateways

Old 10-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Contributing Member

You should never just go with any host someone recommends. You have to try out a host and see for yourself if it is the correct fit. To be honest, none of the hosts you listed would be in my top 5.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Closed Thread