Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 09-23-2016, 08:44 PM

Godaddy Managed Wordpress Problem

Hi,
I don't see how to start a new thread so I'll try my post here and hope I don't get hollered at.:-)
I have 5 sites hosted on Godaddy Managed Wordpress and 9 sites hosted on Hostgator. Hostgator gives me no problems at all but for the last two weeks my Godaddy Managed Wordpress sites have been giving me fits.
The customizing of the column widths, text and link colors, font size, title and tagline position and size and a couple more things revert back to what I started out with before I performed the customization in anywhere from one second up to three hours.
Three calls to Godaddy and a firm denial of responsibility each time by them and a constant daily contact with the theme developer that I use has failed to solve the problem.
My Godaddy and Hostgator sites use the same Theme and the same plugins aside from the caching plugins like W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache that Godaddy won't allow claiming that they have their own system installed for that purpose.
Has anyone else here experienced this problem who has Wordpress sites hosted on Godaddy Managed Wordpress?
If I could, I would drop Godaddy but I have three more years there and can't get a refund and unfortunately, after trying dozens more Themes, haven't seen one to do the job. And I have tried deleting plugins etc. many times in the last two weeks with no luck.
Thank you for your time!
Ken

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Administrator

~moved to your own thread ~

Old 09-23-2016, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

What theme are you using. There could be an issue with the theme's coding or possible a bad plugin that you are using.

Can you confirm you have the latest wordpress version installed and all of your plugins are up-to-date with no updates pending?

I used to be on your hosting plan but left because another web host suited my needs for what I am doing in the future. I never had an issue on there managed wordpress hosting and I did modify my theme files monthly. I can tell you it's not the web host.

My initial guess would be for you to disable all caching plugins, make your changes and hit the SAVE button then clear your internet cache and check again.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:39 AM

Godaddy Managed Wordpress Problem

Hi snakeair and thank you for the answer,
I am using a theme named Raindrops. I have been using that theme for about two years now on all 14 of my sites. My sites never go more than a few hours without being updated to the latest version of Wordpress, Raindrops Theme or any plugin update.

My common sense tells me it is the Godaddy Managed Wordpress web host but looks like you are confident it is not.

I have both disabled and deleted than replaced all plugins and tested the problem each time only to see same problem again. As I mentioned in my original post: My Godaddy and Hostgator sites use the same Theme and the same plugins aside from the caching plugins like W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache that Godaddy won't allow claiming that they have their own system installed for that purpose. And I clear cache after every single thing I change using the built in Godaddy Flush Cache option in the toolbar.

I experienced the exact same problem seven months ago but after two days of contacting Godaddy and my Raindrops Theme Author, the problem just quit happening mysteriously and suddenly so it went into forgotten about category. Then all of a sudden it happened again but this time it has held on for over two weeks now and continues.

My last step was to ask my Raindrops Theme Author if it is possible to revert back to the version of the theme in use at the beginning of this month to try out but not heard back yet. But other than that its looking like the only other option is to just wait and see if it disappears again.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:01 AM
Contributing Member

You can ask your hosting provider to set the attribute to theme files which you are modifying but its temporary solution, for permanent solution set inotify monitoring for theme directory because it will help you to identify the problem ( who is responsible to revert your changes, hosting provider or your theme/plugins )

Old 09-26-2016, 03:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux7802 View Post
You can ask your hosting provider to set the attribute to theme files which you are modifying but its temporary solution, for permanent solution set inotify monitoring for theme directory because it will help you to identify the problem ( who is responsible to revert your changes, hosting provider or your theme/plugins )
I agree with this. It seems only your web hosting provider will be able to check the issue inside + they might suggest/hint you if you need to change your hosting account.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:38 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but you both flew about 40,000 feet above my head. LOL!
Things get stranger as time goes on with this problem as for the first two weeks all I had to do was to revisit the site to see the customized version had reverted back. Now, the customization holds unless I go back into the wp-admin and then revisit the site to see it had reverted back. The Wordpress toolbar across the top of the sites also disappears after some time now whereas it was always visible in the past.
Looks like you are both hosting providers and I would gladly change hosts if I didn't have three more years of paid up hosting with Godaddy.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:10 AM

OOPS!
I guess I lied about this: "Now, the customization holds unless I go back into the wp-admin and then revisit the site to see it had reverted back."

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum