Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 03-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

GoDaddy+= Sucuri: Building a Security Platform For Every Website Owner

I belong to an advanced wordpress facebook ground and there are mixed reactions about the sell out. Can to share your insights?

Quote:
Authored by Daniel & Tony

We are happy to announce that as of today Sucuri will be joining the GoDaddy family.

This acquisition will bring the best of both worlds. It will allow us to expand our product-line to all GoDaddy customers, while also remaining true to our foundation supporting all our current and future customers.
Continued at: https://blog.sucuri.net/2017/03/goda...ite-owner.html

You have to give Godaddy the credit for actually trying to rebuild there reputation in the WordPress community as a good web host.

In that same FB group, some people said they are canceling there account with Sucuri because of this. Like I said, mixed reactions.

If you belong to either website, please share your views on this move. Read the blog post first. Tony said in the FB group he plans to write a blog post about all of this on his personal blog most likely answering questions people had in the FB group.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017, 12:44 AM

May be a good move for Godaddy but not so much for Sucuri User base, Godaddy taking over sucuri means that Sucuri's Support system quality will go down. I wouldnt trust my hosting with Godaddy or EIG owned companies

Old 03-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Sucuri staff still running the business as separate from Godaddy meaning staff and founders still there but they have access to Godaddy in full force and will intergrade some new options into Godaddy.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 AM
v7n Mentor

In response to the blog article, my personal thoughts and opinion is that this acquisition may bring forth a better product and at a cheaper cost, especially for current Godaddy customers. For quite some time, GoDaddy has already provided their own Malware Scanner Product Service called SiteLock. However with this merge it's quite possible current GoDaddy customers may have more options available to them so that their sites are better secured. This merge could bring more innovation and a better security software product to current GD customers at a better price point.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum