Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 05-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs down Problem with godaddy. Post your problem here!!

in general public opinion, godaddy is a good registra and hosting company.
I think the same 6 months back. but not anymore.

Here is list of problem that i have this host.

1. control panel faulty, and after entering login information, it bring me to error page. Support ask me to clear cache and try again. Not helping, just clear off my data.

2. control panel is always buggy. i always bump into error page, error 500 is most common. and they seem like never fix this. i faced this is both computer, from different network, same issue.

3. shared smtp relay server. not even have own mail.yourdomain for outgoing email. Setup to this securenet server is a nightmare for me. My email suddently cant send out email, and support said they can send.

4. All email to my mailbox get bounced back to sender. i spend hour to fix this and email support. Finally remove the email, and recreate it, solve the thing. felt like 'blue screen.. restart require" = waste of time.

5. outgoing email daily limit of 250 only. thats too little and too low.

6. buying domain with coupon, any coupon, dont get me any discount, same as last time. Maybe i holding too many domains now, and have to pay full price $9+. Sometime the billing keep generate error page, and i have to email to support for manual ordering of domains.

7. Lately the domain propagation took more than 12 hours. previously i just need couple of hours

I have hosting with hostgator, ixwebhosting, bluehost, lunarpages, exabytes.
and godaddy is definately the last in the list.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2007, 01:56 AM

godaddy... I never try to use it because I always get a lot of negative comments about it. However, there are still many people use it.

Thumb down for their service. They will quickly block your domain name once they get complaint from someone about spamming. They'll not ask you first... they'll block it first and then it comes your turn to explain to them... if you can give hundred of good reason to them, you'll be given a green light to get back your domain name. However, usually it takes time.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrepreneurmalaya View Post
godaddy... I never try to use it because I always get a lot of negative comments about it. However, there are still many people use it.

Thumb down for their service. They will quickly block your domain name once they get complaint from someone about spamming. They'll not ask you first... they'll block it first and then it comes your turn to explain to them... if you can give hundred of good reason to them, you'll be given a green light to get back your domain name. However, usually it takes time.
I think you should not blame godaddy, its ICANN.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocrats.com View Post
I think you should not blame godaddy, its ICANN.
I'm not blaming them... I'm telling you what I heard from my friends.
Just share what they say about it so that you'll know how actually it looks like... however, maybe it doesn't looks like what have I stated in my last post. Just have a try first and then give your comment.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Contributing Member

the thing i angry is that their control panel is having bugs, and not performing.
i have to wait so long to get things done, and more dissapointed when it give me error. imagine have to recreate the email account, so that its working.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Banned

But it works now well. No more issues, yeah?

Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Contributing Member

Godaddy never had a reputation as a good host! They are cheap host, that is it.
As a registrar, they are okay. I use godaddy for years for all my domain names.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 AM

GoDaddy was my former host. Their site is not user friendly and in my case a PIA to build blogs. Switched to a new host with one click installs and never looked back. Aside from that what seems like a bargain at first glance is not all. I buy domains there and host elsewhere now.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

changed nameserver is not working for godaddy

hi,
i have changed my domain nameservers and after 12 hour it was activated. then i get www.my-domain.com/cpanel as my new server. create ftp and transfer files. and fyi: godaddy shows new nameserver. so everything is perfect

next day i am getting old site. i have checked godaddy and nameserver is ok(new one) but www.my-domain.com/cpanel indicates old one. ftp info is also one one.

how frustrating is it!! what's the solution? i need a quick solution but they said, they will contact with me in next 7 days not 7 hours or 1 day.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
next day i am getting old site. i have checked godaddy and nameserver is ok(new one) but www.my-domain.com/cpanel indicates old one. ftp info is also one one.
Can you please give us more information here? What was wrong?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Banned

ok here is the total thing what is going on here. This was my last try at yesterday night.

recently i have changed my shared hosting server. i had changed namespace at my godaddy account. right after few minutes i found it's activated and i upload all files into my new server through cpanel and ftp. create database and etc etc. it works fine. BUT right after 6 hours it's again old server. please note that, name server is still same(new one) at godaddy.com but it's working with old one. when i try to login www.mysite.com/cpanel using new server username and password it's not working. but old server cpanel is working. moreover, new server ftp is not working. but old one works fine.

as a summery i can say, after change namespace at godaddy.com it works for next 6 hours but again goes back to old link automatically though godaddy shows new namespace.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

I had some really bad experience with Godady as a hosting company. I do use it as the registrar, but I transferred to another host as there were too many problems with Godaddy hosting service.

I even was unable to use RSS feeds to be displayed in my site. I contacted the support so many times but they failed to give any solution. In the end, I just canceled the hosting and lost money as I paid for a year

Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Banned

angilina,

my issue is more surprising then you. and seems to me it should surprise godaddy guys as well. i have register my domain from godaddy.com and hosting at bluehost. recently i have changed my hosting and choose internethostserver.com. so, i have change my domain accesspoint to ns1.internethostserver.com and ns2.internethostserver.com from godaddy.com. it was back 3/4 days.

now the surprising issue is here: right after replace old accesspoint by new i was able to access new server. but after few hours i can't. in contrast, able to access old server. today morning i try my new ftp and it works fine. right now (evening time) it get old one now new one. FYI: still godaddy.com shows my new accesspoint as my namepsace.

what a terrific situation i have

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum