Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 04-08-2004, 10:18 PM

Aplus.Net stole my money

I am interested to know how many other people have had the same dishonest service from Aplus.Net as I have had?

Aplus.net stole my money!

I signed up for a $200 a month Dedicated Server plus $200 set up fee. Aplus took the $400 and I got nothing. I was NEVER able to access my PLESK control panel, no one from Customer Support would talk to me and when they did I got arrogance and a dont care attitude.

After one week of major frustration and lot's of yelling, I cancelled my order and demanded my money back. I got an email from a manager at Aplus advising my money would be refunded in full.

After one week I got another email from Aplus Accounts advising that I needed to give a 30 day notice. I lost my $200 for the first month and $200 for a setup which never happened and I NEVER got to use my Server.

Since then no one from Aplus.Net will return my emails. I have also since found out that Aplus.Net have been struck off the BBB in San Diego which receive in excess of 300 serious complaints each year!

http://sandiego.bbb.org/commonrepor...253&code=WC

THIEVES!!!!

Be very aware of Aplus.Net

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2004, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member

:-| sh*t Headz ! - I haate this kind of thieves ... (duh!)

Old 04-10-2004, 08:41 AM

Consider doing the following:
- Call your credit card and request a credit due to services never provided.
- File a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center at http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp.
- File a complaint on FTC's website at http://www.ftc.com, then click on "File a Complaint".

The complaint websites are constantly flooded with new complaints, and you will most likely not get any results resulting from filing a complaint. Filiing a complaint, though, will serves multiple purposes. For one, if others file a complaint against APlus.Net and the combined loss exceeds a certain dollar amount, an investigation might be started. Another purpose is to gather aggregate data to determine the need for additional resources to investigate fraudulent activities. I personally believe that not enough resources are allocated to investigate such activities because many victims of internet fraud do not report the crime.

Old 05-31-2004, 03:02 PM

Wow that sucks.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:52 AM

apart from complaining, you may want to stick a page up somewhere about your experience, if you get lucky and people link to it, it'll show high in the google serps and hopefully they'll lose some buisiness.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:40 PM

What a bunch of scumbags!
Take aawebmaster advice, he's definitely has the right idea... don't let it go! $400 is a lot of money for some people! Make them pay for every cent!

Old 06-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

<-- used to be with aplus.net. LONG time ago, before they were sold.

Old 06-15-2004, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samer
:-| sh*t Headz ! - I haate this kind of thieves ... (duh!)
I was telling all the guys the same thing when i came across couple of cheating hosts. My argument was responded by the blaim that since i am a host i might be badmouthing about other hosts. And that was silly.

Visit the full forum to see how other people try to judge the compliner but do not take any effort to see what the story is.

http://www.internet-marketing-resear...topic9732.html

I think in this thread atleast some people are understanding.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2004, 11:10 AM

wow

what whores
i recommend you everyone do to some research on their host before buying one!

Old 06-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
My argument was responded by the blaim that since i am a host i might be badmouthing about other hosts. And that was silly.
Hosting is a wide business with 100z of competitors .. you could tell 'em that..

Old 07-12-2004, 02:08 PM

Posting complaints won't get your money back. A good lawyer might, though. Here's how to afford a good one: http://www.prepaidlegalservices.com/hub/victoriajones

Old 07-12-2004, 03:45 PM

I think posting a site with your story is a good idea. Then get as many people as possible to link to it, hopefully it'll keep those people away from the company at least. Though it probably won't get your money back.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:28 PM

Angry Can't F'KIN Stand Them

Whatever you do, don't become complacent with your web hosting company. These days there is always something better out there in cyberworld. Sometimes the extra time that you think it will take to move to a new host isn't as bad as you might think. I finally did it today after the last straw broke the camels back with them. I am so happy that I did. For starters, I saved $100 which really ain't nothin these days, but since I realized this after I completed the move it made it even sweeter.

These people are garbage. They will literally hold your data hostage on their servers if they ever think you violate one of their policies. Instead of working with a customer to resolve an issue, it is more likely that you will wake up bright and early to find that Aplus.net has just ruined your day and with their uncomprimising, thickheaded attitude. You might as well just move on or kiss your website goodbye for as long as they see fit. I highly recommend if you deal with this company to always have a full copy of your website, including all the little pictures and files that you might tend to drop on the server via FTP lazily, instead of putting it into you local folder and upping it the way you should, so that if this happens to you, you can can go ahead and sign up with a better host and be back in business within 24-48 hours (DNS proprogation Hopefully!). Also, if you have a database be sure to back it up periodically so that you can easily restore to your new host as well. Do sweat it though, you can do it. Make your move to a a more scrupulous company. I did...and I never looked back. Piece of Cake. And if I ever visit San Diego Mike is going to have a problem. I don't forget punks that talk crap just because their on the phone.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:24 AM

It's always a good idea to ask for advice before paying. You should get your every cent back from them, because it's your money, especially you didn't get any service from them.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:05 PM
aka Colleen

I don't get why people don't have a backup anyway. I build my sites on my computer then upload them, so I always have a copy.

The only thing I won't always have is database backups, which I try to get to weekly.

Glad you got out of that mess, AplusNetSucks. It's funny, they've been sucking for at least 2 years now going by this thread, can't believe they've lasted this long.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum