Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 02-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

what hosting it is better to choose for online shopping web site

Hey guys, I am sorry I would like to warn I am nowise in web hosting services. I am planning to have an internet shopping web site developed for selling sewing machines and I need to choose affordable web hosting provider at the moment. I have found the list of popular hosting companies and various discount coupons at hostingcoupons.com Which of these hosting companies would you recommend me to choose for successful development of my web site. Could you share your experience of dealing with these companies? What factors do I have to take into consideration when choosing hosting provider for online shopping web site? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Cricket; 02-11-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned

Hello!
First of all can you please name your requriments? I mean Space/Bandwidth. What is your budget? etc

Old 02-15-2008, 02:39 AM

If you don't have special requirement, I'd suggest you go with a quality reliable one, not the cheapest one. I'd suggest HostGator, and they are on promotion, you can get 20% off with their HEART coupon code.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Contributing Member

I was told that the most important requriments for hosting online shopping web sites are considered to be shopping carts. Also I am going to implement 360 degree product view solutions in the future.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Contributing Member

The 360 degree product view sounds like you will need to know how to develop in Flash or hire a developer. The web host you have should is not the issue.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

What do you think about Webhostingbuzz? As far as I can see, they provide a lot of hosting coupons at hostingcoupons.com Also they provide a lot of shopping cart scripts. Have you ever had experience of hosting with them?

Old 02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksss View Post
The 360 degree product view sounds like you will need to know how to develop in Flash or hire a developer. The web host you have should is not the issue.
The point is that 360 degree product view models are not designed in flash providing in such a way better quality of product presentation, however, they more server resources and may cause the server overload. So, I don't know if shared hosting plans will meet our requirements? We are not planning to add these models once the shopping site is developed, we are planning to implement them only for demonstrating new models of machines.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

There is no list of web hosts there. There are just a very few web hosts there, so i'm affraid you can not make your judgement. It is better to post a request here. It is more important what kind of ecommerce service or products

Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 AM
Banned

There are heaps of hosting providers in the internet market at the moment and you should go with the one which offers you 24/7 after sales service and of course guaranteed uptime.

Your site is your shop which generates revenue for you even when you are sleeping and I'm sure you would never want your online shop to go down. You need to choose a host who is highly reliable to support your requirements.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Banned

Agree with fcolor,
Quote:
What do you think about Webhostingbuzz? As far as I can see, they provide a lot of hosting coupons at hostingcoupons.com Also they provide a lot of shopping cart scripts. Have you ever had experience of hosting with them?
If you want to have more info of company you'd better have a look at google with searching for their domain name. Also most of companies have forums with their web site. I think that would be the best place to find customers of certain company.
Good luck.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

There was one big thread recently at v7n about Webhostingbuzz.com, they seem to provide lots of resources, plus free domain names included in their plans.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, I know I have communicated with Webhostingbuzz recently by live chat and they informed me about their free domains. By the way there are a lot of their coupons placed at www.hostingcoupons.com web site!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:17 PM
v7n Mentor

FrontPage Server Extensions (every employee wants to type on the web )
More than adequate bandwidth (you don't want to have to change horses in the middle of the stream)
Deicated IP
Email accounts (no limit on attachment size) with browser access
Secure Shopping Cart available (ssl)
Asp, Asp.Net, Sql, mysql Database compatibility
Streaming video/audio compatibility
VPN support
CGI, PHP, asp, Dot Net
Site Statistics - Webtrends or similar application
24 - 7 Support

pay a little more but find one hosting a local, state or national gov site - they must meet higher standards

Read this post - here's what cheap will get you - http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...tml#post808900

You don't need a hackable cpanel - the host should set everything up for you - service......... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cpanel+vulnerable

have fun

Last edited by pinkfluffybunny; 02-25-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

I would recommend Hostway, ORCS Web, TechEvolution for hosting. These are companies I have used or are currently using.

Hostway is a fairly large company but I was with them when they were smaller. They were a great company back then, but they have grown and unfortunately usually that means something suffers - usually customer support. And they actually provided some web development help as well.

Another one that I use for a few things as well is myChoiceWeb.

And of course, just like your other thread, I mentioned Bobby Douglas who runsArizona Web Design, Hosting, and Marketing and talking with him one some other issues, he seems like he really cares for his customers.

Cost should never be an issue when it comes to your e-commerce web site. You want a company who is stable and reliable. I would choose run that has been around for a few years and make certain it is not one of those "summer hosting companies". A lot of children are off during the summer vacation and think they can start a hosting company. While this shows they want to have something of their own, when school starts again support might dwindle - or they might even just close the door. And usually you have no recourse since you cannot enter into a contract in the United States with a minor. I would look at some of the hosting companies - not just ones that will give you some discount. That might be good, but having your website up 24/7 is even better (I promise).

Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 AM
Banned

One more alternative might be inmotionhosting.com, hostwww.com or ahosting.biz with shared packages and discount deals they offer.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:40 PM
v7n Mentor

Try hosting companies like bluehost, ipower etc.. which provide free ecommerce scripts. You may hire a professional for your website.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum