Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Web Usability

Web Usability Discuss and review websites for better usability.

Share |
Old 01-09-2008, 07:12 AM

Feedback on simple website update tool

I own a website, MySticky.net, that provides a simple tool to embed an updatable sticky note in your website. Webmasters, or anyone they designate, can edit the text in the note and it will be automatically updated wherever the image tags have been embedded.

I am very interested in gathering feedback from webmasters and website owners on added features and functionality to make this tool more useful.

I see this tool as an easy way to let website owners post announcements on their websites and I would like to create a premium service with the features needed by webmasters and website owners.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Contributing Member

I can see this being useful if one person wishs to reach people without e-mailing, or something but if they are important generally a package like Office 2007 (groove, even shared calenders etc) already cater for this? Don't get me wrong I aren't being negative I would just think that if a webmaster wished for someone other than themselves to be able to update something on the website or have a tool to alert people of something then my personal way of doin it would be to put a form in a login area of the website that would update a bulletin/asp control on the site?

Do people use it now? I like the idea though, i suppose if people don't have access to their office packages etc it could be useful, but even that's becoming more unlikely with all the mobile mail and outlook access anywhere that's being developed, which i have to say really is an amazing piece of kit (the OWA 2007 is great, i currently manage a exchange 2007 server)!

Anyone else any thoughts?

Boog's

Old 01-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

By the way really nice site and i love the stickies. Good job!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

hmm.. looks interesting... it can very helpful for fast development.. its like a reminder or something..

Old 01-09-2008, 06:39 PM

I thought it might be used for simple announcements, reminders, etc. where the website owner doesn't know how to update their site code themselves.

Would having the note resizable and the background totally transparent make it more useful to webmasters? This might allow the note to be placed on the site without disrupting the design.

Would some sort of calendarization be useful where the user could set a date and time for the note to appear and disappear, or to even have the note automatically expire after so many days?

Should the notes have a description field so webmasters can note where they have embedded them on their sites?

It is not used extensively now by webmasters and I am seeking feedback to see if it could fill a niche if it had the proper features.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Contributing Member

I think this is a really cool idea! I'd use it right now for collaborating on web graphics with my development team in India; it would save a lot of typing to just pin it to the page image on their test server

Old 10-20-2008, 04:17 AM
Contributing Member

Nice work dear

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Web Usability