Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 11-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Banned

Pre fabricated luxury homes website

Pre fabricated luxury homes website.

I have been hired to revamp the sites image and popularity.

The site will refer sales for people which are looking for luxurious pre fabricated homes, part and accessories

The markets we will concentrate on are Canadian English, U.S. English, and Asian marks (more specificaly Japan, China, Korea).

I will suply the link later, for now I need ideas to make the site match the luxurious feel. The budget is as always quite limited. Another thing I plan on doing is targeting highly competitive keywords for SEO purposes to raise awarness.

If you have ideas for:

Navigation
Page structure
Graphic ideas
Targeted viral marketing ideas

I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thx for your help.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Banned

anyone?

Old 11-18-2003, 02:26 PM

isn't "luxurious prefabricated" an oxymoron?

Seeing as you don't give much to go on~
1. "what's the deal"
up front I like to know why I am here
2. what is the product (mix)
what is there to interest me?
-
Explain in a few words
great pictures and easy navigation

Old 11-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Banned

o.k., well the deal is that you can get a home which is made from the finest wood in British Columbia.

Oxymoron, non, here why:

depending on the floor plan, there can be homes that are made on site and transorted from our factory to any location in the U.S. and Canada. Some plans have been estimated at over 3 million dollars each. The deal is that you get your home faster and cheaper when compared to other estimates.

The product is pre fab homes not trailer homes, nothing square or rectangle. REAL Hames that are made on site and delivered to any location. We also build Suana's, whirl pools, and other wooden attachments to accompany your home.

If you need more info please ask. BTW, I really appreciate helping my with this. seems this is a real hard one.

Pics and Naviagtion have allready been dealt with, they are awesome, well, I like em anywho.

Here is the website which I am talking about http:chateaubp.com

I have been hired to revamp and market the site to increase sales online.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:19 PM
Banned

F.Y.I. just so we are on the same page, this is not about trailer homes. This is completely different. sections of the homes are build with in our factory. Then sent out to the site and are then attached and futher assembled.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:05 AM

Navigation and such? Okay, here goes...

1) Don't use frames. Instead use server-side includes. On an Apache server it's simple to set the .htaccess file to parse out .htm files as .shtml. Also use a CSS file to set the text styles and such. This is especially important if you're going to be responsible for keeping the site updated.

2) Keep your navigation bar on the left, just like everyone else. No sense in confusing people for the sake of style.

3) The site's going to be very graphics intensive. Keep the first page simple and low bandwidth so that people will at least get the initial sales pitch.

Enough for now, best of luck.

Old 12-12-2003, 09:28 PM

Drop the repeating background on the introduction page. Maybe only have it once in the corner. Get rid of the finger pointing to the images on the products page. Looks tacky. I do like the layout of that page though.
From an SEO standpoint - if you are going to use the images with javascript for navigation you should also consider a text link at the bottom of the page with keywords used as anchor text. I think google can follow the links you have even though it has the javascript rollover but not 100% sure on that - better safe than sorry.

And yes, for everyone else, prefabricated buildings are fast becoming a popular construction method for all types and sizes of homes. For the most part, if you send them a plan they can panelize almost 100% of the structure.. including roofs, floors, and walls. Unless the plan is so cut up it doesn't make sense to use prefab panels - it is a fairly cost effective method. Even if it is a difficult plan you can still get large portions of it panelized.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue