Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-15-2010, 12:25 PM

I took a look at your site and I am interested in building a site like yours but with a different niche. I was wondering how you were able to come up with so much content. I do notice that a lot of content comes from RSS feeds that you aggregate but how do you get other content? When you aggregate do you go through any type of grammar changer? I think the biggest issue for me is getting content on my blog. Where are you getting full articles from?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Contributing Member

content

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddragon2 View Post
I took a look at your site and I am interested in building a site like yours but with a different niche. I was wondering how you were able to come up with so much content. I do notice that a lot of content comes from RSS feeds that you aggregate but how do you get other content? When you aggregate do you go through any type of grammar changer? I think the biggest issue for me is getting content on my blog. Where are you getting full articles from?

I don't spin the content but some of the articles are supplied to me pre-spun from an article distribution service

I try my best to find full-text feeds, but there's a limited source available daily, so I use software that raids the article directories, and other sources

I've reached the limit of what I can do with the Wordpress blog, and I'm now going to turn my attention to the front end of the site and re-build it to get traffic, as it's been broken for a couple of years now - it used to rotate article snippets, before I moved the site to new hosting

I'll also be adding more video directories, but I'll host them externally, as the site is already heavily CPU throttled by hostmonster

One thing I now look at very carefully, is the amount of fresh content available to aggregate - otherwise you have to write it all yourself!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceseo View Post
I don't spin the content but some of the articles are supplied to me pre-spun from an article distribution service

I try my best to find full-text feeds, but there's a limited source available daily, so I use software that raids the article directories, and other sources

I've reached the limit of what I can do with the Wordpress blog, and I'm now going to turn my attention to the front end of the site and re-build it to get traffic, as it's been broken for a couple of years now - it used to rotate article snippets, before I moved the site to new hosting

I'll also be adding more video directories, but I'll host them externally, as the site is already heavily CPU throttled by hostmonster

One thing I now look at very carefully, is the amount of fresh content available to aggregate - otherwise you have to write it all yourself!
That is great! If you don't mind me asking, what are some article directories or sources that you are pulling information from? The only ones I can think of are RSS feeds from news websites but most of the time the feeds are only a couple sentences long? Does anyone know if you can get into copyrighting issues if you pull full text articles and you link back to the original souce?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

article source

Quote:
That is great! If you don't mind me asking, what are some article directories or sources that you are pulling information from? The only ones I can think of are RSS feeds from news websites but most of the time the feeds are only a couple sentences long? Does anyone know if you can get into copyrighting issues if you pull full text articles and you link back to the original souce?

I've been pulling content via RSS feeds for about 8 years, and not had any run-ins yet The softwares I use keeps the links intact, and that's all the author usually asks for - in fact when people see you agregate feeds and keep the links intact, they offer you protected feeds, that are not available to the general public - only "trusted" publishers

I use a free wordpress plugin that pulls spun articles - I'm part of a article publishing network - the authors pay to have their articles spun and distributed - publishers get the articles free

I also use a paid-for plugin module that pulls from either articlesbase.com or sooperarticles.com - there are other modules that pull from amazon, yahoo answers, ebay, etc. - you buy the modules you want - I didn't buy the full kit - but if you want everything it's $169, but you can get started with 4 or 5 modules for $70 or $75 dollars depending on what you choose to start with

Old 01-15-2010, 10:58 PM

adsense

Quote:
My adsense income from my highest traffic site has been creeping up month on month

I've been getting $50 dollar adsense days about 1 day in 6

Yesterday, for the first time ever, I had a $60 adsense day

Stats:
2,160 adsense impressions
50 clicks
2.31% click rate
$27.80 eCPM

The site is in the financial investing sector, and I aggregate a lot of content daily

4 months ago the site was only making about $10 a day from adsense - so if your site is not making much from adsense, diversify the site's content with high click value related topics, in order to get a better shot at grabbing some of the money the adwords advertisers are throwing around

Hi my site is Web Development Company in Bangladesh

I use adsense in my another site and for over clicking activities it was banned by google so how to change this and earn more from adsense?

Honestly I need some nice way for regular earning using adsense

Old 01-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Contributing Member

fresh sites for adsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indea_Hosting View Post
I use adsense in my another site and for over clicking activities it was banned by google so how to change this and earn more from adsense?

Honestly I need some nice way for regular earning using adsense

OK, if you've tried to explain things to google and failed then you have to get a new IP and create a new google/adsense account using different name, address, bank info

Google will have logged any sites you had your old adsense ID on as well as the IP of the computer you logged into your google/adsense account with

The IP and sites are now poison - you can't use them anymore for adsense

You now need to look at your oldest site that has not had adsense on it - and use that - or buy in existing sites 2 years old or older, with existing pages indexed in google, and re-develop them for adsense income

You must then keep sole access to the IP you use to log into your new adsense account to youself - you don't want any other employees clicking your adsense ads from the same IP google have logged as the adsense account holder

Old 01-16-2010, 04:55 AM

Its nice.. How are you getting that much traffic for your site.. Can u briefly explain

Old 01-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

Aged domain with Wordpress blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by London101 View Post
Its nice.. How are you getting that much traffic for your site.. Can u briefly explain

The domain is aged - nearly 3 years old now - google trusts older sites, and is suspicious of new sites

The traffic comes almost entirely from google web search results and google blog search results

It's the wordpress blog that drives the traffic

I make over 100 blog posts per day - spread over about 10 to 12 hours per day, 7 days per week

You have to have a niche that gets lots of monthly searches

Your niche also has to have lots of content created daily - so you can aggregate it on your site

So, it's content, content, and more content!

Last edited by aceseo; 01-16-2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: missed something out

Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Banned

That is really great by the way what niche is your blog which helps you in earning such huge adsense amount, another thing can you share some of your secret about it . I am only earning very few adsense like 0.03 per day

Old 01-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

no secrets about high adsense earnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumer147 View Post
That is really great by the way what niche is your blog which helps you in earning such huge adsense amount, another thing can you share some of your secret about it . I am only earning very few adsense like 0.03 per day

There are really no secrets about high adsense earnings - you target the high paying adsense ads, with whatever means are available to you

I always target the high paying niches - finance, investing, insurance, etc. - if you really dig about, you can usually find something where the top search phrases have high bid prices - I then filter out all the low bid ads under $5 and see if there's enough keywords left to build a site around

You definately don't want to waste your time targeting $1 or $2 adwords ads, as you only get about half of the bid price with adsense clicks

I go after high click payouts, not high search volume

I also attempt to go after low competition phrases - but it's a compromise, and you have to be realistic, as low competion usually means low adsense earnings

The site making me about $1,250 a month in adsense is in the financial investing field - there are lots of niches there, with high paying adsense clicks

The site made $8 on amazon book sales yesterday, as books in the investing field are usually priced around $30 to $50

Old 01-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Banned

Congrats to you.
usually i get happy with 1-2 $ each day.
i hope to improve it with time by my work.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 PM

That is a crazy amount of money. If i made 1,250 a month from a site I would be just doing that full time and not working anymore. I would love to just have a suite of high paying websites.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
v7n Mentor

Finally, a celebration we can actually believe. Get's old seeing these guys posts stats about how they are making $10,000/day with their Mesothelioma blog. Congrats.

I'm well on my way to catching you with my personal blog... I think I've secured readership among almost all of my immediate family.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Contributing Member

Full Time Job

Quote:
That is a crazy amount of money. If i made 1,250 a month from a site I would be just doing that full time and not working anymore. I would love to just have a suite of high paying websites.

Hi, it is my full time job!

That one site pays my bills, and as it only takes up about an hour of my time each day, I do work on my newer sites to make them more profitable

I'm pretty sure I'm heading down the site flipping route, in order to avoid the 1 year or more "waiting time" for google to start trusting new sites

I've been looking at sites for sale all over the place - trouble is, all the reasonably cheap sites that are over a year old, have terrible domain names - you'd think people would have heard of "keyword domains" by now

Old 01-22-2010, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

No Work Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilyanurchandra View Post
Congrats to you.
usually i get happy with 1-2 $ each day.
i hope to improve it with time by my work.

$1 or $2 dollars a day from a site is acceptable if you can work out a "system"

The system would let you do quick and easy keyword research and get the site online effortlessly using a sitebuilder software

You'd then get a few backlinks to the site from forum posting, blog commenting, etc.

Next day you'd start your next site, until you had enough sites to make a living

I know people who work this no maintenance, small earnings per site, but lots of sites technique

I'm torn between this method and the "quantity" method where you create about 100 blog posts per site, every day, and average $40 a day adsense earnings per site

The quantity method ties you to your computer for up to 15 hours a day, 7 days a week - you don't work that many hours a month, when you total the time up, but you do have to log in every 3 hours for about 5 to 10 minutes per site

Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Contributing Member

Aged Site And Lots Of Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo101 View Post
Wow I wish I could make that much money with adsense.. any tips for newbie ?

Probably the best tips are:

1/ Try and get hold of an aged site that is already getting pages indexed quickly in Google

2/ Churn out lots of content that will pull in high paying adsense ads

There are dozens of other things to take care of, but these two things will bring in adsense income about a year earlier than launching a new site on a new domain - and also get you a greater quantity of high value clicks

Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM

can you tell us your Page Rank?

Quote:
My adsense income from my highest traffic site has been creeping up month on month

I've been getting $50 dollar adsense days about 1 day in 6

Yesterday, for the first time ever, I had a $60 adsense day

Stats:
2,160 adsense impressions
50 clicks
2.31% click rate
$27.80 eCPM

The site is in the financial investing sector, and I aggregate a lot of content daily

4 months ago the site was only making about $10 a day from adsense - so if your site is not making much from adsense, diversify the site's content with high click value related topics, in order to get a better shot at grabbing some of the money the adwords advertisers are throwing around

Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Contributing Member

pagerank 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerinja View Post
can you tell us your Page Rank?

Pagerank 3

I did have pagerank 4, but that was when I did article marketing to promote the site

Old 01-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member

linkbuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo101 View Post
Thank you. How bout link building ? Any advice ? Do you prefer one method over another ?

I don't spend enough time linkbuilding to my newer sites

I like passive things like forum signatures

I do sometimes make blog comments on blog sites that have pagerank and do follow links

A few article submissions with keyword bio link is probably a necessity to get a new site kick-started

Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

go in weight loss I reckon, are people these days looking for losing weight?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue