Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Banned

Please any one tell me that Hows old Blog/Site is best to put ads on it?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Contributing Member

Adsense one month after indexing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshtelar View Post
Please any one tell me that Hows old Blog/Site is best to put ads on it?

It's safe to put adsense on a site one month after the site has been indexed by google - see previous post

You can put adsense on the site any time after that

There's no point in waiting for lots of traffic, as some of your highest click values will be before google has had a chance to work out your site's click values - which only occurs when you start getting regular daily traffic, and google can see what the visitors you're sending are actually doing when they land on the adwords advertiser's landing pages

Old 03-04-2010, 01:21 AM

thanks for share, its amazing ways.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

I suggest you start embedding adsense to your site if your site is PR 2 already with 50+ daily visits.. Sometimes, adsense can give negative impressions to your sites..

Old 03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlam1989 View Post
I suggest you start embedding adsense to your site if your site is PR 2 already with 50+ daily visits.. Sometimes, adsense can give negative impressions to your sites..
What if your site is a PR0 and still get's a lot of traffic? I don't think PR matters for putting adense on any site.

Age, fresh content and traffic is a big plus. If you just made the website live then wait at least a month or few weeks when you start to get some traffic coming in. Can not make money if no one visits your site. lol

Lot's of good advice in this thread already, i don't want to repeat any of it.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Hi Aceseo,

Would you like to team up?

I'm running a multiple forum service at f0rums.com and I think we could work together because you would add value to your micro-niche blogs by providing a forum where people can interact.

On this service you can create new forums in a few minutes and integrate them nicely inside wordpress without extra effort, here's how: f0rums.com/tips

So, for example this wordpress site: ninjapendisk.com/support is actually using a forum as ninja.f0rums.com

The potential is great. You get more visitors from your forum as talks get indexed by google and each of your blogs will look less MFA while building up more content and value.

If you sell the blog, you still get to keep the forum and enjoy the adsense revenue for a long time.

I have written more details here:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/joint-vent...0rums-com.html

I already own a web site network with over 1 million page views per month and I'll also be using it to bring people over to f0rums.com there's a lot of good opportunities to make money and I want to work with other folks that are determined like me.

So, can we team up?

If anyone else also reading this topic wants to join us then you're welcome but beware that you'll need to work hard to get 100 USD a day, there are no overnights promises of fortune here. But when reaching this goal, your life will also become a lot better without doubt.

Last edited by snakeair; 03-10-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: delinked links (use PM next time)

Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

@aceseo... this is really inspiring...

maybe i should create another thread for this, but i prefer to post it here for you to be able to see my question....sir is it okay to post a spun article in my blog? and is it possible to earn and i can sell it to higher price? what do do you think sir?

thanx for the response

Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 PM

yes, we have to increase our strategy to reach thats ways.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Get your google indexed page count up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by global-seo View Post
@aceseo... this is really inspiring...

maybe i should create another thread for this, but i prefer to post it here for you to be able to see my question....sir is it okay to post a spun article in my blog? and is it possible to earn and i can sell it to higher price? what do do you think sir?

thanx for the response

OK, before the original content brigade start throthing at the mouth, let me say "original content is best"

However, lets be realistic - we need more content than we can write ourselves, as the value of a website is determined by:
1/ number of pages indexed by google
2/ number of backlinks recognized by google
3/ monthly site revenue from adsense or whatever

If you have a blog and churn out content - say 30 to 100 posts a day with your adsense code on the pages, you'll earn money and increase the resale value of your site

Even if your new pages don't stay in google's index, you'll always have some there and earning you money through google web search and google blog search

The aim is to constantly increase the number of pages you have in google's index - so you've got to get more pages in there each month, than google throw out

Spun articles don't read very well - they look like they've been written by somebody to whom English is their second language - but they do the job

I'd write original content, post spun articles, post news items via RSS aggregation - just get your indexed page count up

Old 03-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Contributing Member

Forums take up time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Brito View Post
Hi Aceseo,

So, for example this wordpress site: ninjapendisk.com/support is actually using a forum as ninja.f0rums.com

That's the problem right there - I get the hassle of moderating a forum and f0rums.com gets the search listings

Forums are great for getting traffic - and I did look at Injader CMS system - a blog with forum combined, but I don't want the hassle of moderating forums - blog sites I've already build take up my time, which is why I've recently gone back to building static sites that require no updating

Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 PM

like this topic ... still listening

Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

Non-original content does create successful sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by andri2121 View Post
like this topic ... still listening

My primary site seems to be stuck at a valuation of $140,000 dollars - there's a limit what you can do with aggregated content - but companies in my niche like the site - I've had 2 solid enquiries from major companies for advertising space on the site this week

There again, yesterday 2 of my quick and easy, build and forget PHP auto-freshening sites had a good adsense day - the 2 sites had a combined adsense income of over $10 - and I can build these sites in 1 hour each, now that I've developed a system

These sites are on sub-domains of a free hosting company, there was no cash outlay for domain name or hosting - but if I start building them to sell for a profit I'll build them on .com domains and use a cheapo add-on hosting account

These sites are now valued at over $94,000 each - not bad for 17 weeks old sites - not sure if I'd have to buy in aged domains to get the same results as using a sub-domain of the already established free hosting site

Last edited by aceseo; 03-11-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added title

Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

you are doing a great job with earnings, but the real money is made when you hold the site and get the residual income from it, right?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Contributing Member

Could do both

Quote:
Originally Posted by webspider20 View Post
you are doing a great job with earnings, but the real money is made when you hold the site and get the residual income from it, right?

Yes, continually building several new sites each month and holding on to them is the best money making solution - but even the guy with 40+ sites and eaning about $10,000 dollars a month from adsense has an exit strategy - i.e. selling the sites and investing the money in something else

You could have it both ways - build several new sites each month and keep the good earners - and sell off the poor adsense performers - as there will be people out there who are not interested in adsense anyway - they'll just want a site to generate sales leads, build a mailing list, or whatever

If you don't need the money to buy a new car, or whatever, then yes, simply hang on to all your sites - even a poorly paying site may be a real money-maker when google trusts the site when it's 2 or 3 years old and starts top ranking it

Old 03-14-2010, 05:26 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Personally I don't think the site is worth that much... I'd give it 6x monthly earnings due to the upkeep requirements and risk involved.

Never the less you're making money out of it and got some great stats. It's a pretty good ROI for the amount of time you're putting into it.

Since you've already had some success with ClickBank products have you thought about setting up a basic autoresponder so you can market those products in a more controlled way (repeatedly) to your list?

A site with good monthly earnings and a list of buyers is probably worth about what esitestats is telling you

Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

Reduced hours again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpMarketingNews View Post
Thanks for sharing!

Personally I don't think the site is worth that much... I'd give it 6x monthly earnings due to the upkeep requirements and risk involved.

Never the less you're making money out of it and got some great stats. It's a pretty good ROI for the amount of time you're putting into it.

Since you've already had some success with ClickBank products have you thought about setting up a basic autoresponder so you can market those products in a more controlled way (repeatedly) to your list?

A site with good monthly earnings and a list of buyers is probably worth about what esitestats is telling you

I've reduced the hours again, as login in and posting every 2 hours was not satisfactory

I reduced it down to every 3 to 4 hours - and it seems about right as that's logging in 4 or 5 times a day over a span of 16 hours - anyway, I'm approaching the 50,000 indexed page limit of google for the site, so it's time to slow things down for this site

esitestats has been broken for over a week now, but sitevaluecheck.com is giving an almost identical valuation

I've been redirecting the time to my newer blog sites - and although the daily adsense impressions are still low, some of the clicks are stunning - I got a $6.23 click on my stock trading blog, and 3 clicks totalling $11.75 on my life insurance blog - and both of these only take up about 2 to 3 hours a month each

I can get a no-maintenace PHP site up and running in an hour - and the site value up to over $10,000 in 6 months - or keep the site for the $60 a month adsense - been building these at the rate of 1 a day for the past 8 days, and will continue for the next few months

I'm building the sites on sub-domains of free hosting, so selling the sites in not an option - but I could easily register domains and put the sites on paid hosting - just going the free route initially, to save the domain registration fees

A product/review section in a directory is going to be added to all my blog sites - so clickbank will make a return, but I wont be promoting anything where the landing page has an email opt-in form - I think the bypassing of affiliate commissions by making direct offers, is the cause of the collapse of clickbank commissions

I simply don't want to get involved with email lists - I'm an advertising space guy, not a marketer

Anyway, the money is coming in, and that makes things a lot more enjoyable - I hate working for peanuts, which is what you're doing if you are building and promoting sites without getting at least minimum wage for the hours you're putting in

Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

Do you use .com for all of your site or just subdomain?
So how many sites total in your adsense account? I assume you only have one adsense account?

thanks

Old 03-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Contributing Member

29 sites with adsense code

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwell View Post
Do you use .com for all of your site or just subdomain?
So how many sites total in your adsense account? I assume you only have one adsense account?

thanks

So far I've got 29 sites in my adsense account - but only half of them are known to google as I've been neglecting the initial backlinking - my prime concern is to grab all the top sub-domain URL's on the free hosting

I've got my main adsense account and an old one I haven't been able to log in to since google tied adsense accounts to google accounts - I often wonder how much is in that old account, as I can't even remember which sites that adsense code is appearing on

Sites on my own domains are .com if available to register, but my second choice is .net or .org - with or without hyphens - so that gives me 6 shots at getting my desired keyword domain name - but the keyword domain I register is usually the 6th best on my list - it's getting tough to find good keyword domain names for high paying niches - which is why I like free hosting sub-domains - I can nearly always get a prime keyword sub-domain

I could buy in an aged generic domain and set up my own sub-directories - just that free hosting sub-domains are on sites that are already aged and trusted

An article based PHP script with RSS aggregation, rotating content, and self-building pages that I want to start using again only seems to work on reseller hosting accounts (add on hosting has tortuous path to PHP) so I may have to get an account for $10 a month for these sites - this script is flat-file like my current PHP script sites - so easy to move to different hosting, sell, and database backup/maintenance free

Last edited by aceseo; 03-15-2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: typo

Old 03-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceseo View Post
I've got my main adsense account and an old one I haven't been able to log in to since google tied adsense accounts to google accounts - I often wonder how much is in that old account, as I can't even remember which sites that adsense code is appearing on
Use http://www.w3who.com/adsense to check which sites have your pub-id, the database is somewhat outdated but if your sites are old enaugh they'll find it. (its not my site)

Seems to me youre doing something unique, maybe your site promotion or something that makes your earnings above average for a starter site.

Good post

Old 03-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member

Misinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwell View Post

Seems to me youre doing something unique, maybe your site promotion or something that makes your earnings above average for a starter site.

Good post

The 2 test starter sites only had 1 backlink each from a pagerank 3 site of mine in the same niche - maybe also a forum signature, but can't remember for sure - anyway, they pick up their own backlinks automatically, over the months - just need kicking off with 1 or 2 good backlinks

I used both PHP scripts years ago before getting sucked into the wordpress blog hype - and they worked great back then - shouldn't have stopped using them

Wordpress is just a PHP script - difference is it uses a database - and it has terrible default SEO

I have SEO'd both scripts, so any site I build with them do well - and the 2 test sites do get a lot of pages indexed and backlinked in google - which makes up for the fact that eCPM is not good - but daily adsense impressions are 1,200 to 1,500 a day each - so they make money on quantity

There is a lot of misinformation on the internet about sitebuilding and adsense monetization - I like to think that with over 10 years experience, I can judge what's right and what's wrong

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue