Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 03-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Contributing Member

sir ace,
how do you promote your site? is it manually or you're using a software for backlinking?

Quote:
These sites are now valued at over $94,000 each - not bad for 17 weeks old sites
you've mentioned this in your previous post sir...can you please give me a tips how and what strategy you're using sir?

which is more effective for money making the static site or blog?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member

1 backlink from pagerank 3 site

Quote:
Originally Posted by global-seo View Post
sir ace,
how do you promote your site? is it manually or you're using a software for backlinking?

you've mentioned this in your previous post sir...can you please give me a tips how and what strategy you're using sir?

which is more effective for money making the static site or blog?

Ok, to avoid confusion - I have to state that I build lots of different types of sites - depending on what brings the best results for the minimum amount of effort - and that varies as google shifts and changes its position on what it wants

I'm not sure if I'll be building any more wordpress blog sites

I've been building PHP script based sites recently

Re. backlinking - I use a software that is no longer for sale - but you can still buy similar softwares - the software doesn't do the backlinking - it finds wordpress blogs that have pagerank and dofollow enabled blog commenting - you enter your primary search phrase, and the software comes back with a list of URL's, and pagerank value, to blog comment on

I also like passive backlinking - for this I use forum signatures

For the PHP script sites I used 1 backlink from a PR3 site in the same niche - once the sites are found by google, they are indexed quickly, and as they grow in size automatically, it's self-perpetuating, without further intervention - but more manual backlinking would be better

There are many more pro-active backlinking methods - but you're talking $100 or more monthly subscription payments to be able to use them - I won't pay that sort of money now, as I'm no longer a SEO

I also want to point out that a wordpress blog is a PHP CMS site - and you can use a flat file PHP script to get much better results than a wordpress blog - e.g. a video site, or an article site with rotating content and RSS aggregation/auto page building

Which is best? - it depends on what you want to achieve - there's a guy on digitalpoint forum and warrior forum charging $500 to teach you how to build 100 wordpress blog sites in order to make $50 adsense a day total from all 100 sites - total investment is $1,500 plus about $30 a month for a VPS server

I can make $2 a day adsense with a site built in an hour, and have no hosting costs - I can also sell banner space on these sites - now getting 2,000 adsense impressions per site per day on 6 month old sites - so that would also be 2,000 banner impressions - which for finance sites at $3 to $5 CPM is $6 to $10 a day on top of adsense earnings

Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceseo View Post

My blog sites create content semi-automatically,
Do you use autoblog plugin...??? Are you not annoyed when someone reported it to Google? I know some member in DP always report about autoblog content caused it break copyright content.

>>>> I have more 20 blogs 'n i have problem for its contents, I doubt to use autoblog :-( <<<<

Thx 'n BRgds,

Old 03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Contributing Member

Not Autoblog

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn View Post
Do you use autoblog plugin...??? Are you not annoyed when someone reported it to Google? I know some member in DP always report about autoblog content caused it break copyright content.

>>>> I have more 20 blogs 'n i have problem for its contents, I doubt to use autoblog :-( <<<<

Thx 'n BRgds,

No, it's not autoblogging

I pull various types of content and save as drafts

I then look through the various articles and other stuff, every 4 to 6 hours and change a few of them from draft to published

It's a good mix of stuff - not autoblogging which is simply RSS news aggregation

A lot of the stuff I aggregate is from an article distribution service - whereby the article writers actually pay to have their articles published by people like me - they don't pay me - they pay the distributer

Other articles are submitted to me via password protected feeds - so people who strip off the article source link can't get hold of them

Most people who struggle to make much money from adsense either are not in high paying niches, or simply don't create enough content to earn good money

I's a numbers game - more pages with adsense code indexed = more visitors, more clicks, and more adsense money earned

Last edited by aceseo; 03-20-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: typo

Old 03-22-2010, 02:36 AM

good idea but it's hard to do

Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 PM

couple post

you can use adsense way before to get hundreds visitors, just write some post to get some content, there is a plugin called adsense injection which work very well in wordpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan12 View Post
If you can help me with a thing, what should i do when i will launch my blog. Should i wait until i gain few hundred visitors or when i launch i should put the google ads?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

really this trick works well, basically word press blogs generated more traffic and the combination of word press and adsense is good compared to others according to my view

Old 07-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Contributing Member

Multi-dimentional site

Well, the blog got hit bad by google in their last update

Adsense earning from the blog hit the deck, so I had a think for a few weeks, and tried a few things, finally I hit on something that tripled the daily visitors to the site overnight - awstats is now reporting about 60,000 visitors a day

I'm about to impliment something that will improve the blog post rankings greatly, and I'll also roll it out to the html articles on the site - can't say what it is, as it's a bit grey hat

Anyway, as the site is multi-dimentional, with different sections for articles, videos, blog, and soon, a product review section, the blog taking a hit, was not the end of the site - just meant I had to make a few changes, rather than throwing in the towel

The adsense earning from the blog are steadily improving day by day, but the overall site value did not take a hit, just because the adsense income of the blog went down - videos in the video section of the site, kept right on going just the same in visitor numbers and adsense income

Old 07-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

Now worth $600,000

Quote:
I have a 3 year old site that's got a wordpress blog built into it, and I spend about 15 to 20 hours a month on the wordpress blog - that site is now worth almost $100,000 according to esitestats.com

Well, I tripled the site traffic, and now esitestats.com is valuing the site at just short of $600,000

Yippee, I'm rich - just got to find a buyer now!

Old 07-18-2010, 07:14 PM

i will have appreciate for that hardwork and congrats for the result.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Nearly tripled

It's at $331,362 as of today. Wondering if he's still at $1,500 a month from Adsense.

Quote:
Well the site has gone up in value - I'd sell if someone offered what eSiteStats.com now say the site is worth:

tradercurrencies.com eSiteStats Estimated Value: $132,417

Yipee I'm rich! - just got to find a buyer now

Seriously though, I read a pdf ebook a few days ago - and the guy sells sites that are only a few weeks old and have never made a penny in revenue, for between $500 and several thousands of dollars - the $500 was for a new self hosted wordpress blog for gods sake

Seems like the way to go - use a standard sitebuilder or use wordpress platform, slap on some PLR content or articles from article directories, do some backlinking, then sell for $500 upwards when it's got a bit of traffic coming in

He sells his sites through flippa - and I noticed affiliate sites were selling well - even 1 page affiliate product sites - you know the type - the long sales letter

Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM

Eh like another gentleman said, Google eventually picks up on these and after months of hard work they get debunked and lose ranking...spend your time on one site and use it as a platform of figuring out how the system works. Once that's making money you can even hire a writer part time to do the writing, then take the money from that and keep going...

Old 09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Stay below Google's Radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defuse.com View Post
Eh like another gentleman said, Google eventually picks up on these and after months of hard work they get debunked and lose ranking...spend your time on one site and use it as a platform of figuring out how the system works. Once that's making money you can even hire a writer part time to do the writing, then take the money from that and keep going...

If you don't put adsense on the site, and don't use Google analytics, or anything else that brings your site to the attention of Google's hit squad, then you can get away with just about anything

Just stick with .com, .org, and .net domains

Avoid .biz, .info, and other domain types that have been abused by spammy site owners

Don't use hyphens in domain names

Keep the site squeaky clean for the first 30 days after Google indexes the site - that's the time frame the site is likely to get a human review

After the 30 days, and provided you haven't done anything to bring the site to the attention of Google's human site reviewers, you can get away with just about anything

I've switched strategy now - I can get a 1 page website on page #1 of Google in a few days 50 percent of the time - the other sites are on page #2 in 7 to 21 days time - depends on the other sites you're competing against

I do this by doing very thorough analysis of search phrases - before I even consider building the site - exact match domain names are also essential - i.e. if the keyword phrase is "green waterproof jackets" then the domain name must be greenwaterproofjackets.com .net or .org - I check that a .com .org or .net is available to register - if not then I don't even consider building a website to target the search phrase

As I can find and top rank far more search phrases than I can build sites for, I'm considering selling Google page #1 ranking single page websites for between $47 and $67 dollars - the buyer can then build out the site as either a blog, PHP, or static site

I'll sell single page and fully developed sites through forums, and from my website premadewebsites.net

Old 09-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Contributing Member

Not Adsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by macewan View Post
It's at $331,362 as of today. Wondering if he's still at $1,500 a month from Adsense.

I've had it with Adsense - they've stopped serving ads on too many of my sites - for silly reasons

When your adsense account starts earning $50 to $100 every day, then Google adsense team get it in for you - it's crazy - are they jealous or something?

The only adsense code I've got on my sites are the domains I'm not going to renew - because the adsense team passed the URL to the Google search team, and the sites were then blocked in Google's search results

DON'T PUT ADSENSE ON ANY OF YOUR SITES!

Also don't use Google analytics, or any other Google service that brings your sites to the attention of Google - stay under the radar!

As for me, I'm now getting new sites on page #1 of Google in a few days - with the intention of flipping the sites - it's an easy system for me:

1/ find low competion keyword phrase that has an exact match TLD available to register

2/ register domain and put 1 SEO'd webpage online

3/ get about 20 backlinks to webpage

A few days later the webpage is page #1 or page #2 on Google for the target keyword phrase

Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Banned

I really need to investigate this autoblogging further. I have the perfect two sites for that, I just don't have time for them but they have strong communities and global traffic.

If anyone is willing to help a newbie out, maybe shoot me a PM? Streamlining the content creation and posting sounds great.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Contributing Member

Wordpress Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamkmohr View Post
really this trick works well, basically word press blogs generated more traffic and the combination of word press and adsense is good compared to others according to my view

If your intention is to keep the site and not flip it when it gets top ranked, then self-hosted blocks are fine - except for:

1/ blog has to have SEO'd theme
2/ blog has to be configured for SEO
3/ blog has to have loads of plugins installed
4/ blog needs constant work updating plugins

Wordpress is simply not designed for website building - it was an online diary that's morphed into something else

Unless you are a SEO, you're far better with a static site

The killer for me is the hassle of moving a wordpress blog for the site buyer - as I'm now building sites to top rank, then flip - messing about with a database and re-configuring plugins is not for me - static sites and flat file PHP sites are moved easily

Even better is flipping top ranked 1 page websites - so that the buyer can build whatever type of site they want - just that they're starting out with a "proven" site - it is top ranked after all

If the site's page #1 on Google when it's just an index page, then it will be even better when it's a fully developed site

Last edited by aceseo; 09-29-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: typo

Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned

I have every intention of doing this in half the time.

1.5 years, 100k.

Starting yesterday.

;-)

Old 09-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Contributing Member

Hi AceSeo,

I read every post of yours in this thread and I was really excited about your story.

So, in the previous thread, you have said that you use the combination of dofollow blog commenting, forum signatures and article marketing to build backlinks to your blog, right? So, how long did it take you to start rank well on Google for your keywords as well as getting traffic each day? From my experience, it takes 3-4 months but I don't know what's about your case?

I still have quesiton about why you use PHP site instead of Wordpress? I agree that PHP site has the advantage of customized on-site SEO, ... but Wordpress is more faster to build and has many plug-in supported? Why don't you choose Wordpress?

You said that your sites are the combination of 3 things:

1) Product review
2) News
3) Video

Are you typing product review your own or what? This part I'm not clear enough

Last question: I would like to feature your story on my blog with an interview. What do you think?

Thanks AceSEO, have a good day!

Old 10-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Contributing Member

Mass Traffic And Time Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apposl View Post
I have every intention of doing this in half the time.

1.5 years, 100k.

Starting yesterday.

;-)

You probably can do it

The site in question started out as an article site with links to a brokerage firm

The site then became articles + blog

Then articles + blog + video directory

The site will eventually be articles + blog +video directory + product reviews

In other words, I didn't have everything mapped out from the start

If you have a clear strategy from the outset, then you will get to your goal much quicker

The site is hands-off at the moment and still getting about 11,000 visitors a day - gets more visitors when we work on the site daily

There are a number of rules though - one of which is that the market you're targeting must have the potential to get mass daily traffic - i.e. you can't do it with a small niche

Old 10-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Contributing Member

I get top rankings in 1 to 3 weeks

I read every post of yours in this thread and I was really excited about your story.

So, in the previous thread, you have said that you use the combination of dofollow blog commenting, forum signatures and article marketing to build backlinks to your blog, right?

Blog commenting - yes

Forum signatures - yes

Article marketing - not now - still works, just that it's time consuming, even if you use a desktop software to help you

So, how long did it take you to start rank well on Google for your keywords as well as getting traffic each day? From my experience, it takes 3-4 months but I don't know what's about your case?

I have the advantage of having done SEO / Web Promotion for over 10 years in the cut-throat finance, investing, real-estate, gambling, etc. sectors

So for me I'd say I can get in the back door and rank page #1 or page #2 on Google in 1 to 3 weeks, by exploiting low competition search phrases that other site owners have failed to optimize their sites for

Currently I start out by finding several low competition search phrases and build a site with them - that will bring in about 400 to 1,000 visitors a day - and I can build on that by adding a video directory to the site or something

Sometimes I hit the jackpot - about a year ago I had a new web hosting account closed down in just over 2 hours due to "excessive" traffic - the web host said their service was not meant for that kind of traffic - site got picked up by a social network that went nuts with it

I still have quesiton about why you use PHP site instead of Wordpress? I agree that PHP site has the advantage of customized on-site SEO, ... but Wordpress is more faster to build and has many plug-in supported? Why don't you choose Wordpress?

When you have a lot of plugins installed on wordpress - which you need or the site is useless for SEO and traffic generation - then the site runs into problems very quickly

The problem is CPU cycle allocation - all shared hosting limits the amount of CPU time any one of the hundreds of sites sharing the server can have in a 60 second time frame

The result is that once you start to get a few hundred visitors a day to your blog, the site slows down, you get page load errors, you can't log into wp admin, plugins fail to function, because some other plugin is using all the available resources - you get the picture

When you blog is having the above problems, you have to move it to new hosting - which means moving the database, re-installing and setting up the plugins again - in effect re-building the whole site

A static .html or PHP flat-file PHP script site has no database or plugins - so it can be moved to new hosting and be up and running again in minutes

static .html site can be zipped and sold - new buyer can then easily get the site running on their own web space - PHP scripted sites can be got working on new hosting easily enough if same web host (avoids having to tweak server configuration files) though I would offer a PHP script re-install service for $30 if the site buyer was not proficient in setting file permissions etc.

You said that your sites are the combination of 3 things:

1) Product review
2) News
3) Video

Are you typing product review your own or what? This part I'm not clear enough

No, I'd re-use other peoples - Amazon or something, to get things started

The review sites have visitor commenting, and visitor voting on scale of 0 - 5, so quickly become unique

Adding video directory or product review sections is only when you want to maximize the site's potential - if you are happy with a few hundred visitors a day for your primary search phrase, then a single function site will do the trick - could be a blog, could be a site built with articles, etc.

Last question: I would like to feature your story on my blog with an interview. What do you think?

Great

Some of the work I've done for powerful clients, I can't talk about, but other than that, no problem

Best if you send a list a questions, as I've done so much in my 10 years online, I don't know where to begin

I do adapt to the current conditions - before the credit crunch I worked for clients and had a business manager

When the credit crunch hit, the clients ran out of money, my business manager started coaching from his own subscription web site, and I got into monetizing my own existing sites in a big way

Currently I'm building and top ranking new sites with the specific intention of flipping the sites for $47 to $67 for a single page site (so that the buyer can build out the site any way they want) - and $300 to $500 for fully developed sites that require no work other than the client adding their own ads to the site via control files

I'm currently having discussions with a web promotion company about building sites for them, so that they can promote their clients products - if it comes off, it should be interesting as they have major clients in many market sectors - worst case scenario is I build and keep the sites myself, and just sell them banner space

I never expect people to believe anything without some proof - so here's a new site registered 4th September, 2010 - learnhtmlonline.org - currently sitting #11 on Google against 188 million competing pages - and it's just a single web page!

Last edited by aceseo; 10-01-2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: typo

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue