Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 12-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Free Auto Content

A while back somebody asked about RSS auto posting

I've been using a free (cut down) version of "RSS Poster" on some of my wordpress blog sites, as I can include the plugin with the sale of the sites, whereas I'd need to pay extra for a developers licence to include the paid for plugins I also use on various sites

In Wordpress admin, plugins/add new search for "RSS Poster" - it's by Jesse

You can auto post 5 feeds up to 6 times a day = 30 posts if set to 1 item per feed - can set to more items if you want

Set the plugin to draft, and look through the posts, and manually schedule the best ones - auto publish is fatal, and will get you banned from google, as some crap item retrieval is inevitable

I also wouldn't post more than 12 posts a day total, no matter where the content comes from

This plugin is especially good as it tracks down the full content - not just the excerpt from the RSS feed - i.e. it follows the feed link back to the source page and pulls the content from there

You can upgrade to the full version for $49 dollars - but it still can't "blend" content from article directories, youtube, amazon, etc. like a $200 plugin can

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Contributing Member

Congrats on the earning and i will try your technique

Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Build em and forget em

My focus has now switched away from large, content filled authority sites, to micro niche sites - e.g. a blog with 4 to 6 posts that is initially backlinked then left alone - rather than a bigger site where you constantly have to generate fresh content, and do constant backlink building

Keyword research and site revenue options are vital - or the micro sites simply won't be profitable

People are making $300 to $500 a month from clickbank by building these sites

Some of the more advanced guys are banging out sites to grab the ready money floating about when a new Internet Marketing product launches - aiming to make a quick $1,000 dollars in the few weeks before interest dies down and some new product launches

Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceseo View Post
Yes, I could cut out the middleman (google) but the great advantage of adsense is you don't have to get involved with collecting the money

Finance pays $20 to $25 eCPM with adsense - banners pay $5 CPM - so I'm not inclined to go that route, as adsense pays 4 or 5 times more

It may be worthwhile though for some of my other niches

I've followed a tip from someone in another thread and taken a look at my adsense setup/Ad Review Center page - got quite a shock, as one category of adsense ads that makes up 19.2% of impressions on all my sites, earns 61.2% of my total adsense revenue - so more sites to target that niche is now my top priority

One of the sites I built a few months ago on a sub-domain of a free web host is making $45 dollars a month in adsense - and the site took about 3 hours to research, build, and backlink - and it's a hands-off auto content site - not bad for zero cash outlay - only downside is that the site is now valued at $10,532 by eSiteStats - and I don't suppose I could sell it
You're using a website, that's broken, to get your value estimates?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Contributing Member

site value

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyonlinesorg View Post
You're using a website, that's broken, to get your value estimates?

The site valuing services vary wildly - and yes they do seem to break often

I'd say semrush.com is the best of the bunch - it's pretty accurate as to the value of free search traffic a site gets - which can be used to value a site - maybe 10 months x free monthly traffic value

I don't spend much time on the site now, so monthly traffic value varies month to month, depending on search rankings - last month it was $4,500 dollars, this month it's down to $1,500 - next month who knows

I'm building up the backlinks currently, so rankings could take off again

I'm going to re-build the front of site someday - that's probably what the site needs

Some people I know sell their sites for 24 to 30 times a site's monthly earnings - but they know how to sell sites, and always try and sell to adwords buyers

Seems like most people only get 10 times a site's monthly earnings - it depends on what the buyer thinks they can do with the site, and how good the seller is - putting a site on flippa.com isn't going to get you the best price

I keep a close eye on the time I spend on my sites - and this site is making me $40 an hour for time spent - but I still want to build small niche sites that I can build, do a small amount of initial backlinking, then just leave the site to do its thing without any further time involvement - trick is not to end up with $2 to $3 a day adsense sites - but $300 to $500 a month clickbank sites - I know people doing it, and it's all down to technique - starting with keyword research

Last edited by aceseo; 02-24-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Banned

Yes that is a business. However is important to to lie for yourself.
At 1500$/month you will get max. 15.000$ ... ok let's say 20.000$ for your site.
The evaluation 100.000 is unreal.
However you make a profit and that is important for you.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

Traffic Way Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditd View Post
Yes that is a business. However is important to to lie for yourself.
At 1500$/month you will get max. 15.000$ ... ok let's say 20.000$ for your site.
The evaluation 100.000 is unreal.
However you make a profit and that is important for you.

Yes you're right - but only because traffic is way down

Traffic is about 16 or 17 percent of what it was when I started this thread

I'll get the traffic back up and sell the site - had it for 5 years and completely bored with it now

Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

Hasn't the recent Google announcement about yet another algorithmic change affected these auto-blogging sites?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Alford View Post
Hasn't the recent Google announcement about yet another algorithmic change affected these auto-blogging sites?
Yep, most of the autobloggers got nailed.

Here is a proof: http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...creehsots.html

Old 03-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Contributing Member

Autoblogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Alford View Post

If you don't already have autoblogging software I would not buy it now

You can use free autoblogging software - but set it to draft mode - then add some original content to the post before publishing it

My focus is now on building small niche sites rather than big content sites

Big sites are not cost effective anymore in my opinion

When you factor in your hourly wage for time spent constantly adding new pages and backlinking those new pages, you'd have been better off building a lower traffic site that you can build and backlink in about 6 hours, then forget about

I'm leaving the big sites to the big guys now - let them have them - they have the budget to employ site managers who then outsource the ongoing work

Old 03-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Contributing Member

Interesting Autoblogging Thread

Re. "Google Farmer Update Effect on Our Autoblogs - Traffic Screehsots"

That's an interesting thread you quoted - you've tempted me back to autoblogging!

I'm going to check him and his method out

Also, quality of autoblog does matter - even a run of the mill autoblogging software should still be OK if you add 33% original content - i.e. for every 2 autoblog posts, post 1 manual original content

There are also softwares that change the source code of blog posts, to disguise the scraped content, and make it look original

If an autoblog will pass a human reviewer employed by Google, then what's the difference between autoblog content and manual content?

Just that most autoblogs are obvious - same as spun articles are obvious - i.e. both are rubbish and deserve to be de-indexed

Final point - no commercially available autoblogging software should be set to auto-publish - you should always set to draft, then carefully examine the posts before publishing them

Last edited by aceseo; 03-08-2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: forgot quote

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue