Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-31-2010, 02:24 AM
Contributing Member

Question Do you use Clickbank?

Do you use Clickbank? How do you go about getting the most out of CB? Are you happy with the results?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

Clickbank

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblaunch View Post
Do you use Clickbank? How do you go about getting the most out of CB? Are you happy with the results?

I've used adsense and clickbank for years

Adsense income is my living - clickbank is a bit of additional income

The problem with clickbank is that it's a 2 click affair - they have to click the link to the vendor's page, then they have to click the "buy it" button

I've got the clickbank ads rotating in an ad rotator - and I've disabled the ads several times to see if adsense income increased - it didn't, but if it had then the clickbank ads would have been deleted, as they're not really worth having on the site

My traffic stats are 5,000 to 6,000 visitors a day - so it's not lack of traffic that's the problem

You should also be aware that a lot of clickbank vendors capture the email address of the visitors you send them - then make them an offer that cuts you out of the loop

Old 01-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

It's hard these days finding a clickbank product that does not capture email address's. Those are the ones that i think we the promoter are loosing out on potential commission. It's a hard game promoting CB products and making a convert.

There are some folks who buy the product, download the content and do a refund. At least CB is cracking down on the frequent refunder's. I get a lot of hop links to the sales pages but not all of them convert. So close to a sale but got to keep finding a good product to promote that does not sound like a scam.

I still can not believe how CB approves some products with poor design, poorly written sales page. Those are the vendors who think creating a product with cheap design and sales page will make them thousands of dollars and have hundrends of people promoting there product.

I use both adsense and CB and would love for 1 of them to get me over the top. Stat's vary from month to month with CB but i don't give up. I know there are other CB stat trackeres out there like CBengine but i use www.nichejunky.com to find new CB products and to check out some stat's. My advice is find a CB product that you are familiar with it's niche and can create a landing page or type of good reviews on your website or submit some articles.

I have had a few months last year i was happy with my CB earnings but it's not enough to leave the day job. lol

One i do is keep myself motivated that the next month will be the good month. Wish i was one of those CB guru's who make thousands in a week but i am happy with 1 to 3 sales a week.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:28 AM

I have not use it before and wanna have a try as well , all I have useed is listed in my blog post [removed]

Last edited by snakeair; 02-01-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: self promo/ list the sites here without affiliate links

Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceseo View Post

You should also be aware that a lot of clickbank vendors capture the email address of the visitors you send them - then make them an offer that cuts you out of the loop
Wow, didn't know that. And I suppose there's no way of knowing which vendors these might be huh?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Contributing Member

Hmm just review the products and put them on my blog posts...

Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 AM

I want to use clickbank and adsense on my site but besides those to do anybody have any suggestions on other affiliate sites that have made them money with there site. I appreciate the advice

Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Contributing Member

CB vendor's popups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_1414 View Post
Wow, didn't know that. And I suppose there's no way of knowing which vendors these might be huh?

If you visit their site though a hoplink and a popup appears for "free report via email" or something similar, then you know they're using affiliates to build their list in order to direct market without paying commissions

Old 02-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quitting Clickbank

Re.
It's hard these days finding a clickbank product that does not capture email address's. Those are the ones that i think we the promoter are loosing out on potential commission.

I think it's time for clickbank to make it a breach of terms of service - just about all the CB vendors seem to be at it now - I've started removing clickbank ads from my sites - also started removing other cpa ads as well

Re.
There are some folks who buy the product, download the content and do a refund. At least CB is cracking down on the frequent refunder's.

That's been a constant problem for me for years

Re.
I use both adsense and CB and would love for 1 of them to get me over the top.

Adsense is now my living - I could not make clickbank pay it's way for the past few months - it's simply got too bad - selling banner space at $5 a thousand impressions would make clickbank earnings look like a sick joke

Re.
My advice is find a CB product that you are familiar with it's niche and can create a landing page or type of good reviews on your website or submit some articles.

I'd go further, and build a "review" site - if you feel that clickbank is worth the trouble - after years of being a clickbank affiliate, I'm throwing in the towel - and I don't quit easily!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

i just started to sell product with click bank..but yet not get any success...

Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 PM

I dont use it for the reason it has little international coverage. Ive heard that they are plans to operate in latin america. does anyone now anything about it?

Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM

yes and i'm trying to develop a new technique to increase my sells by 300%

Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Very informational post I am using clickbank and adsense and I am hoping I will be able to make some money with clickbank I have a plugin for clickbank though

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceseo View Post
Re.
It's hard these days finding a clickbank product that does not capture email address's. Those are the ones that i think we the promoter are loosing out on potential commission.

I think it's time for clickbank to make it a breach of terms of service - just about all the CB vendors seem to be at it now - I've started removing clickbank ads from my sites - also started removing other cpa ads as well

Re.
There are some folks who buy the product, download the content and do a refund. At least CB is cracking down on the frequent refunder's.

That's been a constant problem for me for years

Re.
I use both adsense and CB and would love for 1 of them to get me over the top.

Adsense is now my living - I could not make clickbank pay it's way for the past few months - it's simply got too bad - selling banner space at $5 a thousand impressions would make clickbank earnings look like a sick joke

Re.
My advice is find a CB product that you are familiar with it's niche and can create a landing page or type of good reviews on your website or submit some articles.

I'd go further, and build a "review" site - if you feel that clickbank is worth the trouble - after years of being a clickbank affiliate, I'm throwing in the towel - and I don't quit easily!

Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Banned

Watch out on CB

Watch out from vendors which collects emails.
This way your tracking to bring the customer will run over by the vendor means - 0% for you, 100% for the vendor.

If you sold one vendor real good and now you have mush less, check if he uploaded email collector.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Banned

I have signed up for Clickbank but I dont understand what is it all about. I know that many companies are listed there. Are you asking of anyone uses Clickbank as a means to market your business?...

Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Banned

Are you an affiliate? Vendor ?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:14 AM

I use click bank a little, but only in email marketing. So at that point, I don't really care if the vendor tries to capture their email address (because I've already gotten it).

Besides, with email marketing, if it's done right, you can get the trust of your subscribers and put the conversion way higher than just ads on a website.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

i think clickbank is great, i have used it for a while and I get some money from it, but most of my money comes from adsense

Old 03-14-2010, 05:29 PM

I see the two step process as an advantage for selling ClickBank products. I pre-sell my visitors to the idea of buying the product I'm promoting, if they allowed you to link directly to the order form you'd have to basically write your own sales letters...

A lot of the vendors selling on ClickBank don't have highly optimized websites (SEO) so you can take a look at their product page, check out how they're promoting it (most of the time AdWords) and then setup a site driven by organic searches to promote their product

Old 03-17-2010, 02:30 PM

I havent seen that much success with clickbank so far and one person stated they have 5000 uv a month and not seeing any conversations with clickbank that sounds very bad

My strategy is to try different things if one thing not working im just going to remove the cb off my site. I think as a marketer you want to always be trying new things

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue