Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-23-2005, 03:01 PM

I got lucky.

Didnt know where to post this as it was a little of differant things.

I just registered a name from a news article I just saw. I cant hardly beleive it wasnt registered and especially by the manufacturer.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...n_050223162956

yumeldolls.com

I am thinking about starting a site that sells these. I need all the input I can get.

Also I need partners to take over this name for me as I will split the profits. Please post if your interested in this part and state your skills as well.

Regards, Doc

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Banned

nice. i'll help. i can see a lot of potential.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Contributing Member

sweet! nice find! I'd be glad to help you out too.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:15 PM

Awesome, I think if we all pull together on this it could really turn into something.

Please anyone post any responce you may have, and also pm me if you are interested in a partnership or taking part in this.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
v7n Mentor

I own the following if you want to add them to your collection:

hotels-york-new.com
las-vegas-weddings.com
vacations-las-vegas.com
vegas-hotels-las.com
vegas-las.com

these just expired if you want to buy them:
reservations-airline.com
price-stock.com
market-stock.com

Old 02-23-2005, 07:58 PM
No Longer Active

Show us a picture of the doll you bought Doc!

isn't that a bit like sleeping next to a corps?

edited, on a sidenote, I guess that firm should offer one of their dolls to Micheal Jackson.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:11 PM

Is it just me or do you guys just not see the true business potential. Well thats alright by me if you dont. If marketed right this could be worth some nice cash. I am glad that the above who posted, saw this. I will be glad to work with all interested parties in this. I will need someone to manage the team and the project to make sure evrything gets done.

For those of you who havent posted yet and do see some of the potential please let me know if you have any ideas for the business project and the site. Lonliness is a big facter in selling this item. I know from first hand experiance that it is not any fun.

Seniors will be a big business market. The person or site that has products or things related to them could do very well. I personally relate to older folks better than I do the younger crowd now days so that could go a long ways in getting this right.

I have not bought a doll. I may though once the site gets started just for a show and tell geek item. I suppose to a person who is extremly lonly all the time this item could releive some of this problem.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:04 AM
Contributing Member

These dolls look like they are only in Japan. Do you have a wholesale supplier?

Old 02-24-2005, 05:18 AM

These dolls will have a different name once they are released *under license* in the US.

Edit: Yumel means "Dream" so they will probably be called DreamDolls or something.

Last edited by jg_v7n; 02-24-2005 at 05:22 AM.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg_v7n
These dolls will have a different name once they are released *under license* in the US.

Edit: Yumel means "Dream" so they will probably be called DreamDolls or something.
Well dreamdolls.com is taken. I do see that you may have a valid point here and I appreciate this. I will definatly keep this in mind. If someone has fruther insight in this matter or good advice please post. I think yumel will do very well as it is in the national news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bradley
These dolls look like they are only in Japan. Do you have a wholesale supplier?
I am curently working on locating one. I have found out so far that I probably am the only person in the US really making any head way in this. I could be wrong but this is still so new that not much is mentioned in the research I have done.

Please post fruther business ideas as the above and or thoughts you may have on this. Also if you are interested in helping with the project let me know.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:10 AM
v7n Mentor

Ok doc...I'm sorry, I thought you were going to sell the domain name...what you want to do is start a business selling these dolls and your part would be offering up the domain name? Is that correct?

Old 02-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Contributing Member

don't think the name of the dolls will change ... they haven't changed any of the most recent imports from japan, i.e. pokemon, yugioh and those were huge

Old 02-24-2005, 11:40 AM
v7n Mentor

This is interesting. The first thing that comes to mind is the original doll "Primopuel" has been around for 5 years. How many of you have heard of it? This is not a new concept just another popular toy in Japan (as far as I can tell). The second, is they only made a limited amount of (yumel) dolls for limited distribution at specific locations in Japan. You can't even order them or buy them from the toymaker's web site.

The question is, do you take a risk and position yourself where you have a head start in case this becomes a bid item? Or choose not to take a risk and then kick yourself for not taking the risk for not doing it, if it is successful.

You need to also remember that just because it's popular in Japan or other countries does not automatically mean it will be popular in the US. You never know. Do you even know if you can get these in the US? Or if it's even possible to be a reseller?

I don't know I would necessarily like my grandparents having a talking doll as their best friend or companion.

Good luck with this.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:53 AM

Well, for the cost of a single domain - it must be worth a punt - If they do become big in the US and doc can become a reseller then having that domain will be invaluable.

Good luck to ya doc I say, but it will definately take some work to possition yourself somewhere that you can sell these dolls...

Old 02-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerz
Ok doc...I'm sorry, I thought you were going to sell the domain name...what you want to do is start a business selling these dolls and your part would be offering up the domain name? Is that correct?
As of right now I am interested in getting a team together to run this site for me as I have other things to get started. I also would like it done right. No I dont plan on selling the name.

My brain tells me I have hit on a nitch market that will be very lucrative. From some of the responces already from those who are pros in the industry it has verified this as well.

Please keep posting input or thoughts you may have. Also if you are interested in becoming part of this let me know.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:24 PM

I just registered YUMELDOLL.COM. We'll see who comes out on top, Doc!

Old 02-24-2005, 12:31 PM

Geez you could have just joined my team. As you can see there are already a few wanting to help and beside who posted on board.

I suppose I should take that as a compliment that my thinking is along the right line. I guess I would rather know who my compitition is than not know.

Anyways anyone please post.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:35 PM

I'm in talks w/ amazon already.

Who do you have? Sim and younghistorians- HA! Good luck, buddy!

Old 02-24-2005, 12:42 PM

Well the only reason I didnt register that was b/c I have the official name. Leaving the s off at the end makes it sound kind of cruddy. Hiow can you "be in talks" with them when you dont have a supplier yet and only regitered the name. I also see that you have your registration info hidden whereas atleast I am honest enough to let folks see mine.

But anyways. Please post if anyone wants to join my team.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:42 PM
v7n Mentor

doc..you have a team??
and gorillaboy...your working deals with Amazon.

I think your both dreaming a little too much or send me some of what ever your smoken.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue