Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 AM

Talking SMS marketing + CPA + Fiverr = Offline marketing = $$$

Hi Sevens!

Although i am a noobie here i got some tricks up my sleave hehe...

As we all know sms marketing / text messaging is a booming business and a god knows million dollar business.

So basically the question is how to get a small piece of this enourmous pie.

Well... We can.

As you all probably know CPA marketing is a nice way to earn a decent buck online.
Offering free gas or anything free at all for just a email adress or a normal adress is for a lot of people a no brainer to fill their info in a small box.

But there is a nice twist here in combination with a SMS service.

Step 1
Get a nice CPA offer for say, free gas.

Step 2
Hook up with a SMS service/mobile payment gateway like fortumo.com
Fortumo is a great provider, don't cost anything but its for a lot of countries worldwide a good provider accept for the US.

So if you want stricktly US SMS gateway i would recommend a different provider. Now i am not familiar with a US based gateway, but i am sure they are around.

Step 3
Ok, so we have a free gas offer and a sms gateway. Set up your sms gateway so that people have to text message a code to your number, provided by the sms gateway.
Just set it up the way that when people send a text message, they get a message back with something like " thank you, please visit <url removed> to collect your $xx worth of free gas "

So you get $0.xx for the text message AND you get some cash for the lead.

Step4
So how do we get people notice our offer, better yet, our TXT NUMBER.

Simple. Head over to fiverr.com A place where people all over the world do the craziest things for $5

Find someone who prints 20 or 30 a4 papers and then hangs them around in his area where he lives. Just search for advertising or whatever there. There are a lot offering this.

Contact them and say " Hi noticed your offer for the five bucks, but instead of hanging all 30 all over your town, just hang 5 at a gas station. Make a photo as prove."

Think you know where i am going here... If you contact 10 of those offers, 9 will say.. mmm... no... but with #10 your SMS offer WITH your CPA is hanging behind some window at a gas station.

Think outside the box guys, not in one

Last edited by Snooks; 05-13-2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: removed url

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 06:27 AM

sms marketing is good choose for promotion,
have you tried to do what you have written?

Old 08-30-2010, 02:48 PM

I have been using fiverr for a while now and it has been pretty good. There are a lot of good offers on there, and yes, people will do some outrageous things for $5

However, I found another site that looks like it is just getting going called "For A $20" fora20.com. It does pretty much the same thing, but for $20 instead of $5. I think sellers will do more for the $20 than what they are offering over on fiverr.

I am probably going to start listing some services there to try it out.

Just thought I would give all of you a heads up.

Take care,

Mike T.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtipton View Post
I have been using fiverr for a while now and it has been pretty good. There are a lot of good offers on there, and yes, people will do some outrageous things for $5

However, I found another site that looks like it is just getting going called "For A $20" fora20.com. It does pretty much the same thing, but for $20 instead of $5. I think sellers will do more for the $20 than what they are offering over on fiverr.

I am probably going to start listing some services there to try it out.

Just thought I would give all of you a heads up.

Take care,

Mike T.
I Freelance at Fiver as well at 7Freelance, a social site unlike Fiverr. Even though I make twice as much at 7 freelance, people tend to have higher expectation. If you are good, then go with 7freelance.com otherwise just stick with Fiverr, people know that you are only making $4 at Fiverr, so dont complain.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member

Wow just wow. I need to try this, but I think I might wait a bit and maybe start a website on gas lol. I might make some real money off this, looks good man you do have tricks up your sleeve

Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM

Have you heard of (live link removed) JobsFor10.com? I've actually had a much better experience there than on fiverr... also, 1/2 the effort to earn twice as much. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by robjones; 10-18-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Thank you very much for all the information you've given. I realize I have a lot to learn but that's what we're all here for, right?

Last edited by snakeair; 02-27-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Nice link drop.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Contributing Member

Good information, there is also some thing called DNB - dot not disturb or call

will this have impact on sms marketing?

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Old 03-05-2011, 10:51 AM
No Longer Active

I think your equation is
SMS marketing + CPA + Fiverr + Offline marketing = $$$

and not

SMS marketing + CPA + Fiverr = Offline marketing = $$$

or maybe

SMS marketing + CPA + Fiverr ( for Offline marketing deals)= $$$
Right?

Old 05-28-2011, 02:17 AM

Text Message Marketing is really very beneficial tool of today’s marketing. It is a direct link for businesses and any organizations to be in direct contact with consumers and members at any times. By using text messages all people can easily familiar with new product or techniques because now a day’s texting has become part of everyday life.

Last edited by Snooks; 05-28-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread