Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 09-03-2010, 05:24 AM
v7n Mentor

Park it or Script it or..? Need help!

Ok so I started buying some domain names to resell/ do something with. I used to be great at web design, but that was back when everything was just simple HTML coding lol so, designing these top nop websites would probably be out of the question for me.. So basically.. here's my question..

If I wanna make any money off of the domains (while they are in the process of being sold, or the actual couple ideas I have for a website that I'd like to keep) what is the tried and true way of doing such?

I currently park the domains at Sedo, and throw them aroundTwitter with them being for sale a couple times a day, normally resulting in about 30 page views each, however NO ONE clicks, so without the clicks I don't have the cash.

I've seen alot of these 'scripts' for sale which look like a nice "website in a box" turnkey setup, however I'd still assume that without views/ clicks i'd be in the same boat?

Do I just need to make sites full of content to even think about making money off them?

Lastly, Im wanting to make a website, kinda like a blog, but not completely.. I guess? Kinda something like this format, but not the same subject matter www.dreamindemon.com (Not my site, just using as example) I guess I coulda started a new post for this, but how much are webdesigners charging to throw something like that together? And secondly, lets just say that that is the subject matter I'd want.. Is there a way to automate the feeds, or would I need to hire a content writer for the subject matter?

Ok, so if you read this far down, my appologies for the rambling, and my thanks if you can bring any help!

Andrew

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

I found it tough to make money with parked domains. Marginal success with "holding sites" . Break-even on the yearly reg fee at the best. So good luck.

That site is using a nicely templated version of wordpress which is free so anything you would buy would be simply design services.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I found it tough to make money with parked domains. Marginal success with "holding sites" . Break-even on the yearly reg fee at the best. So good luck.

That site is using a nicely templated version of wordpress which is free so anything you would buy would be simply design services.
yeah i also agree with it ,
i have tens of parked domains , but in my sense the revenue make by these all is poor

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue