Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditd View Post
I've tried other programs beside Adsense ... but no financial success. Adsense is the best.
It is the best but adsense can disable our accounts at any time for no good reason. lol

It's been mentioned before to have some alternatives. I like promoting affiliate programs because the commission's pay more then a few clicks on adsense. Also you can get paid faster then waiting for the $100 thresh-hold.

I remember yahoo had a publisher program but very little people could get an approved account. Yahoo stopped this publisher program because it was useless. Everyone was using adsense.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I remember yahoo had a publisher program but very little people could get an approved account. Yahoo stopped this publisher program because it was useless. Everyone was using adsense.
Yahoo stopped that program not because it was useless. They had to stop it because they failed to counter the click fraud thing which on the other hand adsense is tackling pretty well. Click fraud is the biggest nightmare of any advertiser. Google has no option but to suspend publishers' accounts that are involved in invalid clicks because obviously adwords advertisers are the supreme priority of google.

Yeah I agree that we shouldn't place all our eggs in one basket and try other things than adsense but how? Success in affiliate marketing requires highly targeted traffic. Ability to convince other people to take out their credit cards and use. The ability which not everybody has. Its not easy when everybody else is trying to sell the same product which you are trying to sell.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:26 AM

Adsense is not suitable for all conditions. They are even imposing strict policies day by day on there publishers. I prefer combination of Adsense and there competitors on my blog

Old 03-06-2011, 12:59 AM

if you want to earn better then go for adsense with hardwork

Old 03-06-2011, 01:02 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin22 View Post
if you want to earn better then go for adsense with hardwork
But the post was about revenue without adsense?

Old 03-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Eh, i'd just love it, if people would actually read the replies before responding.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:46 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Eh, i'd just love it, if people would actually read the replies before responding.
Ya think? Morning Slithers

Old 03-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

Well a bunch of my sites just got shutdown by the adsense police so I am biased, they did not cancel my account because of violations but removed them from the index. I will no run adsense again and have removed most if not all adspots.

To continue the conversation, I think that a lot of us might not realize that we are our own products. Bloggers can become SEO pros or web designers. Web Designers can also add, domains, hosting etc... to their services. We can pool together to make great projects, the possibilities are endless when we start to look outside of the ppc,ppl,affiliate box.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

Even if you're good about tucking Adsense into your layout so that it doesn't look so cheap, I just don't care for it. Some people make loads from it, most of us will not.

My preferred methods of monetizing a site are still the same as referenced in the article. Email marketing and affiliate product promotion. However, if you can create your own products (pocket more profit) then more power to you!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 AM

Besides all the points the author is still using google adsense, what an irony.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_linux View Post
Besides all the points the author is still using google adsense, what an irony.
The blog owner did not write that blog post. It was a guest blog post. This is the blog author's blog http://www.blogtyrant.com/ If you look, it has no adsense on it.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Well I think I have come up with another income source and I think it would be nice to update this thread now.
I have been making a lot of startup sites recently and doing some seo work on them and eventually selling them for small amounts. I think this is called site flipping. I can tell you that it is quite easy as long as there are lots of newbies out there, all you have to do is convince them that your site is worth their money. Show them your honest proofs and that's all. It isn't that difficult as it sounds. There are plenty of people out there that will throw their cash on almost anything.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

I'm not sure what he meant because AdSense wasn't even created 10 years ago. It was launched in 2003 or 2004. 10 years ago there weren't many Ad networks or Affiliate programs out there.

But anyway every AdSense publisher should have another 1 or 2 ways to earn money. I use Amazon but I have seen people who has have success with CJ and Click Bank.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

if you dont want to use adsense then try being and ebay or amazon affiliate

Old 03-10-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearrow View Post
I'm not sure what he meant because AdSense wasn't even created 10 years ago. It was launched in 2003 or 2004. 10 years ago there weren't many Ad networks or Affiliate programs out there.

But anyway every AdSense publisher should have another 1 or 2 ways to earn money. I use Amazon but I have seen people who has have success with CJ and Click Bank.
You was right, looks like adsense started in 2003ish. http://www.google.com/corporate/history.html#2003

Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Contributing Member

Adsense is the easy way for earning but not the best paying way.

And Adsense also requires a lot of space in our site and makes our site look dull.

CPA are great alternatives to adsense.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 AM

Wish I found this sooner

I am new to the web forums and I wish I would have found this posting sooner. I have been putting all my eggs in one basket with Adsense, and now will be pursuing different. Thanks to all of you for the assistance.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:37 AM

I think a webmaster should think beyond google adsense and big network advertising. The problem with the big networks is that you can earn more than expected at the begining, but the payment does not increase with your website growth.

Compare this to working for a big company. They can offer you a big salary from start, even if you do not provide enough work to justify that money, but with so high competition there is a problem with earning more money, and unless you make it to the top rankings, your salary will not be raised with much even if you are promoted.

My best advice is to stop chasing cents and build to improve the website, at some point you will be able to implement advanced monetization. It is stupid to think that if you have now 300 visitors a day and you make only 50$ a month, if you grow to 3000 visitors a day you will make 500$. If you will use only adsense then you probably will, but at 3000 uniques a day you have many options and you can make 5000 easily.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Contributing Member

One thing about adsense, it only works if you have tonnes of traffic. If you are getting 100 page views or so, try affiliate marketing. There are sites that will pay you up to $2 per sign up. Much better than getting 10 $0 clicks

Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Banned

Adsense is the Best always, we will get good return with adsense, but not with other sites.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue