Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Earning Revenue Without Using Adsense

Earlier this morning i read a blog post on the dailyblog tips blog and forgot to post it on here. Adsense is not the only way to earn revenue with your website, yes we all know there are adsense alternatives out there but how many of you folks really try to use those alternatives? People think using adsense on your site will make you huge money but the fact is it won't. Not many people are successful month after month using adsense.

I've heard stories of people making a living from adsense and then there site get's hit with a google penalty or adsense account disabled and poof no revenue. Check out this blog post for some Inspiration.

Quote:
Ten years ago I started a fitness blog, wrote some articles, slapped on an Adsense unit or two and then a year later sold it for $20,000. I was pretty happy with myself. And while it was the right move for me at the time I can’t help but wonder how much I could have sold it for if I had ignored Adsense and done something totally different.

In this article I am going to talk about why I will never use Adsense on a blog again. I hope at least some of you pay attention.
Continued at: Earning Revenue Without Using Adsense

Don't put all your eggs into one basket. Meaning don't always count on adsense being the sole revenue generator. Your thoughts on this blog post i linked you to? Post your response on the blog and also post it in this thread.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

ad sense is good if you have heaps of traffic and a list... thanks for the link

Old 01-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

Its been a year since I stopped doing Adsense and since then I've been earning a couple of thousands per month with CPA. The problem with adsense is, you don't have full control of your account and you can lose it in no time... CPA or Clickbank is more stable IMO.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member

I agree Adsense is not a very good solution for long term earning or consistent earning.. I used it when i was in school lol!! Neways I have my services now that pay for me. Also i use my websites for link selling and banner selling.. no adsense..

Old 01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

I still use adsense but I am not mixing it with CPA though to protect my account. There are lots of adsense alternatives and other are even better... clickbank, amazon, ebay, CJ to name a few.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

There are a lot of other monetization methods that work along with Adsense, like contextual links, CPM ads and affiliate networks.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

The famous blogger John Chow makes $40,000 per month without using Adsense. There are plenty other ways to make money besides Adsense. Just because Adsense is the most popular option doesn't mean its the best option.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 PM

OK, most of you say that there numerous other alternatives to AdSense but very few are mentioned here. From what I've seen (amazon, ebay, CJ) the ones named here are all affiliate programs. Did anyone come up with a better paying alternative to AdSense?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 PM

I'll name a few that i belong to. Some i earn money with.

highprofits.com
cbproads.com
clickbank.com
amazon.com
bidvertiser.com
adbrite.com
chitika.com
clicksor.com
click2sell.au

I could name somemore but search google for alternatives.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 AM
No Longer Active

The blog was about the building a list which is still an evergreen technique. It would been better if the blogger didn't have adsense ads on his site. It has become an irony.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 PM

This is good

Old 01-26-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripover View Post
This is good
Do you have any thoughts about the blog post i linked us to? I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 PM

Interesting post and I agree with most of what was said. However, when a blog is new adsense is a viable start up strategy.

Personally I see Adsense as a short to medium term monetisation strategy while I am growing my blog's reputation. I admit that I don't have adsense on my newest blog because of reputation fears.

Medium term when readership/traffic is high enough I would evaluate whether the space I give to adsense returns more than sales of advertising space directly.

Long term I would be looking at selling my own products (I don't have any yet lol), coaching, consultancy and speaking circuit as the mainstay of my income.

Since consultancy and speaking are my long term goals every monetisation strategy has to add to, or at the very least not detract from my reputation. Same with content, links and comments. I can't really afford to allow comments that have broken links or links to dubious sites on my blog even though it is only 3 weeks old at the moment.

Last edited by JuliaGreenwood; 01-26-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Banned

I think most adsense publishers are looking for an alternative because of zero online support from google and sudden and mysterious account suspensions. I means it takes you years to make sites and seo them and adsense can ban you the next day and you will be on the road.
But the big problem is that no other contextual program pays half as good as adsense and it is far too easy to make people click on your ads if compared with making them buy something e.g. use their credit card etc.
Sadly I never had any success with clickbank or cpa although I tried many many times.
snakeair how do you market clickbank products?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Contributing Member

I think adsense can pay if you have targetted traffic along with better keywords working for you..there are many people earning above $1000 per month which i think is a a good sum.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Adsense looks attractive to a lot of new marketers I agree. I'm happy that this blog showed that you can still make money and even more money without andsense.

I also agree with the comment here already posted, you can get your account banned if you break even the smallest TOS.

So I agree you should focus on building your list, promote CPA's Clickabnk, and don't stress about adsense.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:57 PM

I went through a phase of wondering whether having adsense on a page helped it get indexed faster because Google would want to promote pages with adsense on it. I still have a sneaking suspicion it might help

Old 01-29-2011, 12:09 PM

This is to Snakeair: thank you for your suggestions, I'll explore them.
As for entries pertaining to Google AdSense, I'll urge ANYONE - especially those who have high traffic Websites! - NOT to work with AdSense. I have and my account (along with my earnings) was shut down at Google's discretion. In spite of my numerous inquiries as to why I have never received an answer. Of course Google is THE number one and has all the power, but even murderers under our law have the right to appeal. Apparently that doesn't apply to Google. My account was closed which I don't care about. But it bothers me still that I don't know why. I have never engaged in any questionable activity, leave alone ever thought to spam Google's ads. I worked like crazy (20 hours a day!) to build traffic, my earnings went up and then were taken away from me. I always had huge amount of respect for Google, the fact that it wasn't reciprocated bothers me a lot. Google AdSense is an experience not worth having.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 AM
v7n Mentor

I look at this topic this way. Why place all my eggs in one basket when I can join different networks, run my own open source add rotation program, insert some code on my pages, and rotate whatever I want through the adserver? I can join all the big networks if I want, be selective of what I want to promote through those networks, copy and paste the code into my adserver, and into my pages it goes. No need even to have to go into the pages and manually update code if I need to swap something out. Not to mention, I can supplement with other affiliate programs offered by independent websites themselves, if I wish. Just my two cents.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

I've tried other programs beside Adsense ... but no financial success. Adsense is the best.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue