Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

Creating different income streams is important...

Its simple, if you want to make good money online you need to have different income streams. If you can't make money with adsense, try affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing isn't just placing banners on your site, it could also be by list building. You can promote your offers to your list!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

And when going for affiiate networks go with many programs as you can. You have no idea from where the money could come. ( this is for the idea: only from ...ex: hosting area I can make money )

Old 02-05-2011, 03:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Yes, I agree with the OP on the fact that diversifying income streams is a good plan. It's counterpart is just like investments where diversification is also a key factor in success. You have your own products or services as a base, then you layer different streams like clickbank, google adwords, or CJ atop it. Then from there, with your own ad rotation software, you can further layer through other reputable websites offering programs outside of the networks, and so on, and so on the layering goes.

I however disagree with Aditd. You suggest a shotgun approach which is not as effective. Get some free analytics, look at where your visitors come from, what your site is about, and then make some educated guesses on what your visitors want or need. Want to take it one step further? Poll them and ask some questions to get to know them better, because in the end, the BEST success comes from knowing who they are and what they want/need.

Too often I see people take the monetization approach Aditd mentions. They sign up for everything under the sun, promote it on their site, pretty soon their site looks like Las Vegas at night, and then they wonder why things don't convert. So much better to have a clue and offer the things they'll buy than to waste energy posting a bunch of crap they'll never click. Honestly, think about it.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Banned

Yes.I also agree. In this competitive days its necessary to diversify the income generation methods are most necessary.

With my blog i have write my blog post targeted for affiliate income and have primary sidebar banner for contextual Ads. and once again the secondary sidebar for affiliate promotion.

i do update his with perodically.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue