Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 08-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

Mobile Apps - How do they make money?

I'm looking into developing some mobile apps for myself and my clients. Is there money in mobile apps? What I mean is, do mobile apps generate revenue? Or, are they simply an additional feature to enhance your brand/product?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 AM

There are many ways to monetize a mobile app. You can charge users to download it. Alternatively, you can charge a subscription for content within the app; ie-music streaming, virus protection, magazine, etc. You can also charge users to unlock content within your app. You can also sell adspace within your ad. You can also have you app sponsored. To make your mobile app successful make sure you know your target audience and come up with a brilliant plan to market to them. Experiment with pricing, updates and marketing. Good luck in your venture.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 PM

they generally are getting income via adsense mobile especially iphone aps

Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 PM

If I am not mistaken, AdSense 4 Mobile is in beta now, and I remember reading somewhere that you would need to have at least 10,000 downloads before they would even look at your application

Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Mobile apps have the potential to generate serious revenue (even just from ads) when done correctly. If your app is very high quality and gets a lot of downloads you will make a lot of money.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Have you looked into these mobile ads yet?

http://chitika.com/publishers/mobile-ads

Old 08-18-2011, 09:09 AM

Alex.Coleman already said what I was going to say about applications, and the other types of ways that they make money via their mobile applications. If I could choose a way to make money, I'd choose the method that Alex stated of in-game subscriptions, or just the one of download of the application (I'd have to make sure the quality was worth the subscription or download first, I hate crappy apps with no good quality). An app I have on my phone gives me a month free trial of the premium version, then I have to pay a certain amount a month to use it again, like I said the app has to be worth it (to the target audience) for the income to come in, I don't hate the app I have, but I wouldn't pay for the upgrade, so just downgraded instead. If you come up with something great and sell it, you'll receive money for it, if keep out doing your previous work and sell it, you'll make even more.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Do you have ideas for apps that people will actually want or need?

Many people are trying to jump on the APP bandwagon without having a clear idea of what will actually be a successful APP.

Creating the APP and actually distributing it and promoting it so that it can be downloaded is going to take time and effort. Before you start, be sure that you have a worthwhile APP they people will actually want.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM

Having one great app is better than having a lot of crappy apps. It needs to be unique and stand out, but there are honestly so many apps out there now. Check odesk and elance if you want to hire developers, tho.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM

Mobile Apps definitely generate revenue. They do it through advertisements or getting upgrades inside the app itself. Or some even charge for the app itself to be installed and make money that way. If you'd like to send more customers to your Mobile App once it is developed I can help you send a mass amount of high quality customers.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Banned

they sell apps I think and make some money

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread