Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 AM

My app has >100k installs, how to monetise?

Hi Guys I need help!

I got more than 100.000 people using my android app and I need advice how to earn money.

After reading:http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...-market-2011-2 I was able to make that app very fast. Unfortunately I named my app wrong in the beginning and had low quality icons so it was not performing very well at the beginning. But later I changed the name and made very good description&icon and just after 3 days my app started to generate hundreds of installs.

Now my app is being used daily by 10000 people!!! Can someone suggest how could I earn money with this app?

Tino

Last edited by snakeair; 08-26-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

The two most common ways of monetizing mobile apps are to create a premium paid version with more features, and to integrate advertising into the free version.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep View Post
The two most common ways of monetizing mobile apps are to create a premium paid version with more features, and to integrate advertising into the free version.
I agree, monetize using advertising might be a good thing with this app, mostly because I don't see how you could make a premium paid version.

but with 100.000 uses you could earn a decent amount with ads.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tino82 View Post
Hi Guys I need help!

I got more than 100.000 people using my android app and I need advice how to earn money.

After reading:http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...-market-2011-2 I was able to make that app very fast. Unfortunately I named my app wrong in the beginning and had low quality icons so it was not performing very well at the beginning. But later I changed the name and made very good description&icon and just after 3 days my app started to generate hundreds of installs.

Now my app is being used daily by 10000 people!!! Can someone suggest how could I earn money with this app?

Tino
You should take a look at this page for some info.

http://www.google.com/ads/mobile/publishers/

I agree with the posters who has responded already.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Ya make a premium version of it as an upgrade with some very nice features. Also make some items in game that can be bought for real money. make the extras not cost to much as it will all add up.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Tino, what is the name of the app that you created? Being able to look at the app would allow us to see what type of monetization methods would work best with it.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 PM

Time to release Version 2.0, or Version 1.1 if it's not that big an upgrade. This time, make sure you have got your bases covered, like:

1. Make sure you get the email addresses of all the people who download your app, so that you can follow up with an email marketing campaign.

2. Give them a choice of paid ad-free version or free with-ad version.

Good luck and keep us updated so that we can rejoice with you in your continuing success.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue