Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

If you have strong content website and unique design and you have well optimized your website from starting than it will takes more than 6 months to well settle and get users from search engines and different sources but you have to market your website on daily basis to gain more visibility from search engine and makes your website more popular.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

If I said, I'm still working on it, would your laugh?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
If I said, I'm still working on it, would your laugh?
I would not laugh ScriptMan. Have about 60 web sites but I see none making me a living. Very poor showing for 2 years off and on work. Probably should narrow done the efforts to a few sites. Went back to work in the oil patch. That is guaranteed 500 a day. The internet dream still lives though. I am all self taught in the computer business. Have sold a few domains that did not have websites. Watch phony PR sites sell for big dollars on Flippa is kind of depressing. Some claim 1500 a month revenue from a 3 month old site. People bid like crazy. Probably syndicates at work. Just like on feebay where they drive up the bids.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Probably should narrow done the efforts to a few sites.
I came to that very same conclusion. What gets my goat is that a three page site that I have done absolutely nothing to since I put it up a few years back is most months my top money marker and is always in the top 3. Maybe I just lucked out and got that one live on the upside a that particular trend.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Banned

It took me about 9 month for the first site that did that.
After that the next sites ( in the same area ) around 3 month.
Right now it can start selling ( but not big time ) in less then 1 month.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

It depends om he niche..ones with less competition, can earn good money in a short time and establish their brand in the market.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:24 AM

Successful could mean many things to many different people, if you are talking revenue. You can start on up in a few weeks, it works quite well if you put in the work and advertise your website EVERYWHERE.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

I guess it depends on how you define success. For me personally, it was when I started making enough money that I could quite my day job (not that i wanted to quite my job, it was just a goal) and I did reach it almost a year after I started the site. It was a lot of hard work and I truly mean work and not just sitting in front of compute, checking out forums and just browsing and reading. I mean, working my a$$ off hours upon hours writing articles, building backlinks, article marketing, social networking and everything else that is necessary to get a website to start making moeny.

Now after 2-3 years, I am still having lots of success wit the site since it is ranking for more and more keywords in my niche and I am getting better at monetizing it as well.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 AM

It could be anywhere between 6-12 months I would say.

Meanwhile, your website should cater to a needy audience. If there are 100 other "so called - duplicate my success" websites, it will take more effort and time to make it stand out and generate enough traffic so that you start making money.

Identify a good niche, choose a domain after good research, setup the website. Depends on you whether you want to generate adsense revenue by writing blogs or setup affiliate links.

To give an example, one of blogs where I write articles (1 every month) on software testing gets about 200 unique visitors everyday and my adsense earnings in the last 11 months is $112 which is miniscule. Since I have a day job to focus, I'm not spending enough time there.

I hope this gives you a fair idea.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Contributing Member

What do you guys think of Profit Storm? It promises profits as early as your first month (through affiliate sales), but I have two websites going for three months now and they aren't making money.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM

I already started to make money in the first month. But of course, with the help of forums and social websites.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

I have built many successful websites course I have been online longer than most. Success though is not only determined by dollars or only by visitors. There are many factors involved but I am also more geared towards long term success and not just a quick buck.

I have built a website and in 6 months had it making a profit. I invested $20,000 in the website to get it built and going, and seen a profit (meaning I made the $20k back first) after running it for 6 months. The website went on to continue to make money for 3 years.

I have built some sites that never seen a dime also though. Not every website you build is going to make a profit. Some will become successful while others will bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishhhosting View Post
How long would you say it took you to develope and them implement a website that was able to earn you a great deal of revenue? This could be recurring revenue or even just a case where you then turn around and sell the website.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

It can take a long time if you are in a competitive niche. You can do EVERYTHING and still not rank well. Sometimes you just have to wait for your domain to gain trust with Google, and that takes years sometimes.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Six Month. I started working on my first website and the first client came in the six months.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:15 PM

It took me 2 years to get to a successful phase. Have started a new website last month and lets see how long i get to my goals. Will update everyone once I am there.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

I am just starting so I anticipate a while. But it is fun, exciting and challenging which makes it all worth while.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM

This interesting, most people who have posted here earned a consistent income within about 1 year. That is my ultimate goal with a website I am starting.

But I'm afraid that my idea has been overdone. I don't know if it will beat out the competition.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

That is why you do it better than the competition. If they offer A & B then you offer higher quality A, B, C, & D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadianasrallah View Post
This interesting, most people who have posted here earned a consistent income within about 1 year. That is my ultimate goal with a website I am starting.

But I'm afraid that my idea has been overdone. I don't know if it will beat out the competition.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
That is why you do it better than the competition. If they offer A & B then you offer higher quality A, B, C, & D.
Have you ever delved into a high competition niche, and come out on top based on high quality?

I have done some research on several sites in my niche, some are really good, and have been around for years, but don;t get much traffic. Others don't look so great, have been around for less than a year, and get a lot of traffic. I'm trying to figure out the difference between these sites...

Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member

It depends on the type (category and the size) of website we choose. And for me, it takes 1 week at least to build a concept website (medium size website with basic seo tasks).

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue