Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 12-11-2011, 12:07 PM

How to monetize my website?

Hello Guys,

I have free online games website over here and I'm having around 45k visitors monthly. It is approximately 1500 unique visitors everyday.

All I'm having is around $250 monthly, here is how:
Adsense - $200 ~ 220 / per month
EpicGameAds - $40 ~ 50 / per month

I think for 45k visitors per month, $250 is really tiny income. How else would you monetize free online games website?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

With 45K visitors monthly, you should earn much more than it. However it depends on your content and keywords on it as Adsense ads are relevant but i think you should make more. Did you place ads on a good place of your website to be seen by members?

Old 12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzy View Post
Hello Guys,

I have free online games website over here and I'm having around 45k visitors monthly. It is approximately 1500 unique visitors everyday.

I think for 45k visitors per month, $250 is really tiny income. How else would you monetize free online games website?
Have you tried selling banner advertising spots on your site?

Do you have a subscriber list that you could send a few emails to?

I'm thinking that your adsense should be a little more though. Have you tried changing the adsense colors around or even tested out new locations to see if they convert better?

You have a free games site but have you thought about having a "premium games" section but make it "paid only" to access these games? I'm just tossing out ideas to see if it will give you any. Maybe even start a forum for your games website and have a "premium section" that's paid and other sections that's free. You could stick up adsense ads on the forum and even sell banner spots if the forum get's popular. Look at digital point forum, they have a paid membership to get some premium features and other goodies.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

Offering paid membership privileges to the members can be definitely among workable solutions to mention in this connection and lots of forums have already experienced the same thing. You can also begin selling or renting advertising spots to the interested advertising partners. You may also consider to adjust the placements of your ads because this can rock sometimes, even a few pixels to the right or left or moving the ads blocks to the middle of contents can increase clicks numbers greatly.

Sometimes the average page views may not be a very great and accurate way of telling how many clicks would be made on the ads published on sites. For example, certain blogs with targeted traffic and only tens of page views on a daily basis could earn around one thousand dollars a month. How? Because the sites have top ranks for certain terms which are searched by real customers, people who look for informative contents about specific subjects and naturally clicking ads.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:36 PM

Talking about natural - More than 82% of my visitors come from Google Search (Organic). Average time on website is 4 minutes, it's pretty nice I think.

Premium membership - It's free online flash games, so why would people pay for it if they can find same thing easily on another free flash games website? I think this idea wouldn't work.

Forum - What would be the discussion on this forum? It's just a free online games website, where they come in, play a bit and leave after they had enough doze of fun. This would be a waste of resources I guess.

Switching/Moving ad places - I will definitely try this one, as bermuda said couple pixels can do a thing... I'll do this for sure!

Ad partners - Well, yesterday after reading couple threads here, I found BSA(BuySellAds) and I signed up, add my website to properties and I met every criteria, but it automatically rejected me. I have 120k page views every month and it's kinda weird they automatically rejected me, well I wrote them a message and we'll see what happens.

Now I need your advice, how much would you ask from your customer who wants to place ads on your website? On monthly basis.

Thank you guys for replying here and spending your time by helping me and reading my big posts

Old 12-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hello Guys,

You much are you getting per click from AdSense?

I was earning about .25-.35 USD.

If you are earning well per click, you should be able to gather over 5.000 USD per month, if site is well-optimized for AdSense... but make sure to check their terms, as they kick anyone out even with the slightest breech of the rules and regulations!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelev View Post
You much are you getting per click from AdSense?

I was earning about .25-.35 USD.

If you are earning well per click, you should be able to gather over 5.000 USD per month, if site is well-optimized for AdSense... but make sure to check their terms, as they kick anyone out even with the slightest breech of the rules and regulations!
You can see my average CPC is truly low...
I got no idea why, and you even can see one day I got 0,33 CPC and with 65 clicks I got $21,43 in one day.

Help me out guys i don't know what to do..

Oh man.. I forgot to post an image, sorry guys. Please don't put an infraction on me moderator

Here is performance of my website.

Last edited by snakeair; 12-12-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: merged posts

Old 12-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

Try integrating your website with a facebook app, similar to what addicting games has done this will bring you more traffic and extra income. Also try putting games from mochimedia.com they pay you for a certain number of game plays.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Banned

Sell banner spots on your website and they will bring you more money.
Also you can try selling text footer links. Many buy them for many months

Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM

with that kinda of traffic you should earn much more

Old 12-15-2011, 12:47 AM

Okay guys and where should I sell banner spots and how?
Where can I sell footer links and so on?

@techtips, you are just increasing your posts, aren't you? Better post something useful and not obvious things.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Make sure your ads are in a good place for the visitor to click. Also most people ignore banner ads so you might want to put that in the equation.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM

that is very less earning monthly for such traffic, I thought its your daily earning.

If you want to consider CPV - pop ads than I would suggest you give eDomz.com a try you may earn much more

Old 12-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Can you enter some type of membership. Not for money ... but register to play / download. After that send newsletters with affiliate links.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:16 PM

get visitors from: us, uk, canada, germany clicks are paid more better than others countries

Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Hello Guys,

try direct advertisement service like buysellads...

Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyong View Post
try direct advertisement service like buysellads...
I tried and met every their requirement, but for some reason they said "there are some other criteria which you don't meet". They have horrible customer support service, I've been waiting for 1 month to get their reply

Any other ideas?

By the way, how do i increase my adsense cpc?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
I tried and met every their requirement, but for some reason they said "there are some other criteria which you don't meet". They have horrible customer support service, I've been waiting for 1 month to get their reply

Any other ideas?

By the way, how do i increase my adsense cpc?
I haven't applied in awhile to buysellads but i think the reason i was rejected was because i was using another advertising platform.

Meaning i use OIO publisher to sell banner spots. You are right about there customer service. It seems they don't spend the time to give the correct response.

I will try applying again if my advertisers stop purchasing from me so i can remove OIO publisher from my blog.

here more tips for your adsense CPC (You may already know these and sorry if i'm repeating stuff)

http://evanhutchinson.hubpages.com/hub/Simple-tricks-to-increase-Adsense-CPCCPM

http://www.famousbloggers.net/increa...e-adsense.html

I'm about to log off for the night, sorry reponse isn't to helpful.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:44 AM

Did you try others?

I know google is the biggest but there are a lot more networks and platforms that can make a lot more money.

At the end of the day, adsense is pretty limited, it's just CPC, others has sometimes huge CPA payouts that can make a lot more money than adsense. all you need to do is find you a good network/platform that works for you, there are tons!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 AM

i dont have adsense permission how can i check my daily earnigs an visitors

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue