Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-28-2012, 07:03 PM
v7n Mentor

Alternatives to Google Adsense?

I've been using Google Adsense as the main source of revenue for my website for the past 5.5 years. In the past couple of months, we've seen our revenue decline for some reason even though the traffic remains the same, if not higher. We are considering jumping ship for a bit to see if we could do better with another similar service.

I know a lot of people use affiliate ads, but our site is a general news site and is not very specific, so it does not attract a targeted audience whereby I'd even be able to begin guessing what product/s would do best.

I've tried BlogAds in the past, and it made us a few extra bucks, but we're not really willing to try it again....they just take too much out of it and we'd be better of selling the ad space ourselves.

Which brings me to another problem....we don't have the time to sell the ads ourselves. It's a two-man operation with occasional writing contributions from a couple others. Are there any good companies out there that will solicit ads for you?

Do you have any recommendations?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 AM

try cpa? there are some cpa affiliate.
I am applying cpaleads, not sure if it works.
Or some kind of small ones, as burstmedia, buysellads, bidvertiser, backlinks
but in our experience, adsense pay more than them above.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

You may want to check out the services mentioned in my post in this thread:

http://www.v7n.com/forums/contextual...-text-ads.html

Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

Tribal Fusion has worked alright for me, one of the higher paying networks at least - but still not as good as Adsense.

You need a fairly high traffic site though.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

I prefer you CLICKSOR and Chitika. I am using both of them. In my opinion these two are best one after Google adsense.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Contributing Member

Following are the Alternatives to Google Adsense:
adBrite,Bidvertiser,Chitika,Clicksor,Infolinks

Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

Since making my post in this thread last night, I've had time to dig up a few more advertising programs.

For in-text advertising, there's

www.vibrantmedia.com

and

www.kontera.com

There are also some programs for high-quality sites with a lot of traffic. For example, I think the following ad networks are based on a per thousand impression basis:

http://www.valueclickmedia.com/
http://www.tribalfusion.com/
http://www.contextweb.com/
http://www.burstmedia.com/

Unfortunately, my own site has significantly less than a thousand visitors per day, so I have no personal experience with any of these programs. But they may be of interest to you.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

It really depends on your site's niche, the volume of traffic, and the geolocation of your userbase - but Tribal Fusion, ValueClick Media, Casale Media, and Burst Media are all excellent ad networks to work with and offer rates similar to or exceeding those you can get with AdSense for a a number of sites.

If you can't get into them then take a look at CPX Interactive, TLV Media, Smowtion, Ad Pepper or other such second tier networks

There are also ad networks for specific verticals like music, food, or travel if your site fits such a niche, but I don;t think there is one for "general news" that you mention your site is.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM

Chitika- Chitika is another platform similar to adsense or other platform such as pubcenter or YPN. The good thing about chitika is that it has better CTR (Click through rate) and it its pay out per click is much higher than google adsense.

Bing Pubcenter- This is publisher advertising network offered by Microsoft Bing.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member

Bing Pubcenter is "currently in a pilot phase and focused on large publishers" and you need over 200 million pageviews per month to apply...

Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by masm50 View Post
Bing Pubcenter is "currently in a pilot phase and focused on large publishers" and you need over 200 million pageviews per month to apply...
I always wondered what the requirements was. Looks like i will never be able to apply. (Need a miracle)

The networks you mentioned earlier are really good ones. I have not used them but they been around for awhile now.

The main thing i worry about is payments. Will the payment come around the expected time and other payment option's.

Adsense is lacking in alternate payment methods.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Contributing Member

All the networks I recommend (either on here or on AdBalance) I have had personal dealings with, or do currently, and pay on time every time as far as I'm aware - or at least have always done so to me. I stand behind them, but as ever - I would be very curious to hear other's opinions about them.

Most now offer cheque and Paypal (Google is an oddity not offering Paypal, but being as they compete directly with Paypal with Google Checkout and Google Wallet I'm not surprised), and an increasing number offering direct bank deposits too.

You're not the only one needing a miracle to hit 200 million pageviews per month though!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

Admob is a popular one for mobile, you can also go with affiliate marketing(amazon affiliate is a good one) or push clickbank products. OR if you want to be a big dog, can go with CPA offers, but you typically need to be accepted into CPA groups for that, they give you a call and you have to tell them why they should accept you.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:31 PM

If you have significant traffic maybe you should also consider double-click. It's a Google-owned company but it's payout is higher and computed per CPM if you qualify.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:32 AM

I use adhitz and it is ok.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:27 AM

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to try a few cpa affiliates on a few of my sites to see how it goes. My google adsense earning have also gone down quite a bit over the past months.

By the way, does anyone know of a good trusted cpa affiliate they pays well and ontime via paypal?

Last edited by snakeair; 02-08-2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: merged posts

Old 02-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Contributing Member

You can work with linkworth.Just sign up with this network and see which kinda advertising model best suit your site as they offer almost all ways to make money from a site/blog.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 AM

I have tried adbrite, bidvertiser, chitika but the earnings I got from there were peanuts compared to what the earnings were on adsense. Hence I have stopped using them altogether.

I have been using CPALead on a few of my sites and I'm quite happy with the results. Also I'm about to try the new banner tool they have come up with, here's the link if you want to read more on it http://blog.cpalead.com/announcement...e-banner-tool/

Old 02-21-2012, 11:33 AM

Google alternatives

I had been working for Bidvertiser for one year . They pay good but revenue shareing is not as good as google adsense. Chitika may be good option.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 PM

i can't see anything better or close to adsense however there are some good advertising sites that should be used if adsense not available for you.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue