Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

Question about increasing revenue from an images based website

Hello,

I've an images based website and so far I am getting 4k UVs a day with about 6 to 7k page views. I am planning to get more, but so far overall revenue is not good. It's $4 to $5/day maximum. CPC is not working on it, so I went to CPM based networks. I tried many but, only clicksor and Adbrite worked well, rest were having too low CMP that it was mere waste of ad space.

Looking for suggestions and ideas to improve earnings, because I feel with this traffic I should be earning more, and I should increase traffic only if revenue is good, else resources cost too much as images take hell of bandwidth!

Regards,

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Contributing Member

Sell adspaces through Buysellads network.Although It may take sometime to approve your site there.You also can work with CPA networks to make some more revenue If you have traffic specially from USA or UK.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
v7n Mentor

What type of adsense placement did you have early on? You might find this topic helpful. Do you have any room for direct sale of ads, what type of niche is it?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 AM

I definitely suggest you try some adnetworks that has CPC, CPM and CPA campaigns those works a lot better on sites with no written/specific content

The problem with adsense, infolinks etc is that they need a niche.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Why are you not redirecting traffic to your own services or products ? If you have a image hosting site then it would make perfect sense to sell a service on creating images or selling a product based images (ie: graphics packs).

I have a image syndication network that is 100% ad free (course all my sites are ad free lol) I direct the traffic back to some of my other sites that do sell a product or service that I own.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Contributing Member

Hi Qurratulain,

Since your blog is images based, I would recommend a new gem called Luminate which provide in-image ads. Application is instant approval and there are many interactive features (apps) that you can add to your site/blog or image.

As I've just joined the network and don't know the CPM, CPC rates yet but it seems to be a great network with instant approval of the application (as long as your site/blog meet the guidelines).

It's a Google Adsense equivalent for in-image ads. Give it a try.

Cheers!

Old 03-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Since your page content would be very less (image based website)

try reducing your ad units to only those location with the highest CTR.

You can do this by tweaking and removing bad Ad spots and removing Ads from pages with less clicks and conversions.

Try these tips out and try to use 1-2 Ad units if you get low CPC unless you have content to backup all the 3 Ad units.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue