Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 03-06-2012, 07:44 PM

Should I limit ads in CPM rotation?

Hello,

I have started to offer direct advertising on my website and was wondering if I should limit the amount of advertisers in rotation on a zone if I sell based on CPM? Just to be clear, I am not talking about a live rotating banner, but the rotation that occurs after a page refresh. Basically I am asking how many advertisers I should have in rotation in a zone until I should start thinking about raising my prices?

The website currently receives about 16,000 unique visitors a month.

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 AM

I dont really think there is a limit, you need to setup a bidding structure where highest cpm bidder gets there ads shown first and until their budget runs out.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:53 AM

I agree with goosemo, I don't think there is a limit. The more you have in there the more chances you have of potentially higher CPM.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

How do you actually track your advertisers? (Do you use a website like Adsense?)

Old 03-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dofollowforum View Post
How do you actually track your advertisers? (Do you use a website like Adsense?)
Seems the OP disappeared on us.

On my blog I use OIO publisher for a advertising platform. With this software i can sell banner ad spots for a flat fee/subscription, cost per click or cost per impression.

Also i can offer more then one banner ad spot for each block. Every page refresh a new image could show but i would have to figure out a price for that one. I'm thinking the OP is using a software similiar to this.

Right now I prefer to not share a block and the adveriser can have there own block that shows on every page refresh to give his or hers site more exposure. If they happy, they keep on subscribing so i prefer not to take away impression's by sharing a block with multiple advertiser's. Each advertiser gets there own block.

Hopefully we could get more details.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Seems the OP disappeared on us.

On my blog I use OIO publisher for a advertising platform. With this software i can sell banner ad spots for a flat fee/subscription, cost per click or cost per impression.

Also i can offer more then one banner ad spot for each block. Every page refresh a new image could show but i would have to figure out a price for that one. I'm thinking the OP is using a software similiar to this.

Right now I prefer to not share a block and the adveriser can have there own block that shows on every page refresh to give his or hers site more exposure. If they happy, they keep on subscribing so i prefer not to take away impression's by sharing a block with multiple advertiser's. Each advertiser gets there own block.

Hopefully we could get more details.
Yea looks like it. Been a while since the OP posted a reply...

Thanks though, for sharing the Advertising Platform you use on your own blog. I will probably apply for OIO publisher right away and see how it performs compared to my other campaigns.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue