Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Contributing Member

Good Mobile Ads? Not Adsense

Hi i have a new site thats growing by the minute its jumping 5000 uniques per day so today its 25,000 yesterday it was 20,000 etc.

Now most people are using windows as the operating system to visit my site but i noticed there is a lot of iphone users,around 15% in total.

How can i make money from the iphone users? Do these mobile ad networks only show on the page if the visitor is on a mobile? Or will it show to windows and mac users on pc & laptop?

Whats the best company for mobile ads? How much can i expect per day for 95% UK Traffic with an average time on the site for 20 seconds? I would say i get at least 3,000 uniques from mobile users.

What is the best way to cash in on this? I cant use adsense as i dont want to risk my account with this type of site.

My sites category is entertainment not adult but we do talk about adult topics , no images,videos,links to adult content,no aadult ads.

But even after all that i still dont want to risk adsense as i get a good bit of money from them and its not worth risking for a few thousand uniques.

Anyone used mobile ads? how much did you make? was it worth doing? who is the best in your experience?

Many thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
v7n Mentor

Give Chitika a try.

I currently have the mobile ads turned off because I felt they were a bit invasive, but not unreasonable for most web sites. On mobile devices their ad overlays the bottom third of the screen and you need to click something to get rid of it. My conversion rate was quite high for mobile devices, but now I'm just running their standard ads and my Chitika revenue is but a 10th of what it used to be.

So why am I not running the mobile ads?

Well, Adsense is still way better and Chitika is just the icing on the cake. I did not want to sacrifice one iota website trust by displaying a potentially annoying ad. Plus, I would rather have the visitor click on an Adsense ad instead.

Earnings, well depends on your niche, with mobile ads I was making around $2 or more per 1000 visitors, without its more like .10 per 1000.

One thing you might be interested in is that they have adult oriented ads as well, nothing hard core, but could be a good match for you.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvictoria View Post
Give Chitika a try.

I currently have the mobile ads turned off because I felt they were a bit invasive, but not unreasonable for most web sites. On mobile devices their ad overlays the bottom third of the screen and you need to click something to get rid of it. My conversion rate was quite high for mobile devices, but now I'm just running their standard ads and my Chitika revenue is but a 10th of what it used to be.

So why am I not running the mobile ads?

Well, Adsense is still way better and Chitika is just the icing on the cake. I did not want to sacrifice one iota website trust by displaying a potentially annoying ad. Plus, I would rather have the visitor click on an Adsense ad instead.

Earnings, well depends on your niche, with mobile ads I was making around $2 or more per 1000 visitors, without its more like .10 per 1000.

One thing you might be interested in is that they have adult oriented ads as well, nothing hard core, but could be a good match for you.
I know this sounds bad but i do not really care about the reputation of the site it was just a quick blog i whipped up to make as much profit as possible to then have the money to start a real website which of course i would care about this one.

If i can make an extra $1 per thousand unique's,in my case for showing a ad which is a little annoying i would be ok with that for the extra 3$ per day. Your reply has helped me i will take a look at the chitika ads as long as they are not visible to my windows/mac users i would use them.

Many thanks

Old 04-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmnro View Post
inmobi,admob,buzzcity,etc...
you can try CPM program
Which one have you had the most success with? Adsense for Mobile not doing well for me so i'm thinking about using Chitika as it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Any tips for the thread creator would be helpful and for the rest of us who lurking in this thread.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
i'm thinking about using Chitika
I sent chitika around 50,000 mobile uniques and i made under 1$ i think it was about 0.84 cents. I was getting lots of clicks but no money i do not want to bad mouth them as they may work for others, but for me it was a total waste of time, I have not bothered with mobile ads after dealing with chitika

Old 04-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Yikes, that stat sorta scares me. I'll have to think about what i'm going to use now for my mobile version.

Nursing a hangover right now so the brain is not back to normal just yet. lol

Old 04-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Contributing Member

Just put them on for a few days and if the results are anything like mine get rid of them and try and make the money back that you lost another way, When i get ripped off by companies like these i normally write a post about it,to try and generate the money back from the advertising revenue from that post page not to be nasty to the company,just to share my experience.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue