Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 AM

Are Ebooks still a good way to make money on your site?

I have found this site that sells Ebooks with resell rights.I bought 5 of them for $3 on a buy 3 get 2 free deal.These are actually pretty good guides on blogging and internet marketing.This person will actual sell you their whole collection for $100 to resell.

That makes me think that the ebook business isn't that profitable.They are basically trying to sell all of their books as a business opportunity to get out of it.

Thanks for any thoughts or opinions on this.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda77 View Post
I have found this site that sells Ebooks with resell rights.I bought 5 of them for $3 on a buy 3 get 2 free deal.These are actually pretty good guides on blogging and internet marketing.This person will actual sell you their whole collection for $100 to resell.

That makes me think that the ebook business isn't that profitable.They are basically trying to sell all of their books as a business opportunity to get out of it.

I used to sell ebooks from a membership site I belonged to in the past. Pretty much every ebook was old information and passed around the web for year's. To be honest, I stopped doing this as I new the ebooks didn't have updated information and would not of helped the customer.

When i think of ebooks, I think of this website. http://www.buymystupidebook.com/

Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
When i think of ebooks, I think of this website. http://www.buymystupidebook.com/
That's awesome! Favorited for later use!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

Hehehe stupid ebooks nice one!

Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 AM

@amanda77..
There is a buyer for everything....if it is marketed properly....

People buy fertilizer....)

Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

You can make a good amount of money, however if you are running an authority site and hoping to build up subscribers, you don't want to sell old or already used information.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM

eBooks will probably sell forever, there's always going to be people writing them and buying, heck im one of them!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

You can make money from selling ebooks but you need to choose a right collection and proper marketing.
If you want to make more money remember one thing, always sell the solution of a problem. because problems never ends so solutions has always market.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Contributing Member

There is always one person out of 1000 people that will do what you want them to do. There are always people clicking on ads, there are always some one out there who will pay for free information. Ebooks mostly tend not to have much valuable info as they get outdated soon, yet you of course can still make money from selling them. Because, there is that one person in every 1000 people interested in your product.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:37 AM

Quote:

My book is 5.71$ which is only for one copy. How good can your books be if you bought them for 3$ with reseller rights?

Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Contributing Member

If u can use Amazon properly then u can earn enough money from ur e books provided ur e book is unique and worthy.....

Old 03-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
That makes me think that the ebook business isn't that profitable.
No one will read crap books, the ebook business won't go away just like normal books will ever go away until they're replaced with something new.

Don't sell crap and you'll realize how you can get rich selling digital products like ebooks.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:04 AM
Contributing Member

Unless you are selling niche related ebooks that is when you should think of making money.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Instead of selling as is it. I think you should rewrite them and add some more information and try to compress them a little by removing old and not working things. After that, start selling them At AMAZON and you will be making good income.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

I think that they are still a good way to make money as long as the content is good. I, myself am looking into how to write ebooks.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Contributing Member

I think ebooks can be used as a passive way to make money..write a small ebook..give it away to ur readers for free in exchange of a fb like, twitter tweet or other social media's share...informed them to subscribe to ur blog by email to get the Free copy... This will help to build ur mail list with loyal readers..then u just have to use word of mouths to attrack unique visitors regularly...that means more hits i.e. more money...

Old 05-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya Dey View Post
I think ebooks can be used as a passive way to make money..write a small ebook..
I definitely agree with Aditya. If you can get a hold of some higher quality eBooks at a cheaper price or make some of your own then using them as bonus content could be a really good way to go. I haven't implemented this strategy, however I could see it as a unique angle.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

why don't you try to blog. I believe there is much more money on it

Old 05-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodsPh View Post
why don't you try to blog. I believe there is much more money on it
This thread is not about blogging.
Quote:

Old 05-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member

Not sure how successful (or failure) are eBooks since, since I've seen a lot of eBook offers online! So I presume eBook marketing is still profitable... or they are just scams. But I doubt most people are avid book readers, unless the information presented on the eBook is too important or attractive to ignore. Maybe that's how you should market your eBook.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue