Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 AM

Starting a new forum

I am going to create a forum to support my website very soon. I want to put ads on the forum that will direct people to my main website to generate more traffic, but I also want to place ads from ad companies on my forum to generate revenue. Does anyone know if ad companies will pay me to put ads on my forum if I have other ads on there that are not from the ad company? Also, what are some of the best ad companies to use. I want the kind of ads that move with the scroll bar and possibly some videos. I would think that those would generate the most revenue.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 AM

First...you will need a very good traffic flow to attract ads.....

The problem....ads to get traffic....or traffic to get ads....)

Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
First...you will need a very good traffic flow to attract ads.....

The problem....ads to get traffic....or traffic to get ads....)
Are you saying that I need to have traffic to the site before ad companies like google adsense will put ads on my site?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:50 AM

I am sorry ..I misunderstood your question...
I thought you meant real advertising.....it seems that those little ads are placed everywhere.....(targets of the EMD purge).....

There are advertisers that will pay money to place ads on sites..just for the visibility....and pay flat fees and not commissions...)
They want traffic first....

Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM

Oh. I see what you were saying now. That would be awesome to get my website to that level of popularity. I am in South Korea away from my family for a year, so I have plenty of time to get it there through SEO. One thing though... what is EMD purge?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 PM

Exact Match Domain....hundreds of sites with exact match names....dogfood.com sells....dog food...etc...

Many of those type sites were..(some still are)..very thin on content..a lot of it spun and not much substance to the site ....3 or 4 pages with many affiliate or adsense links..:0

Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

Basically you want sell banner advertising spots on your forum? I would say first of all you need to make your website popular without having a huge visitor on your site no advertiser will advertise on your forum.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostomr View Post
Basically you want sell banner advertising spots on your forum? I would say first of all you need to make your website popular without having a huge visitor on your site no advertiser will advertise on your forum.
I thought I already read this in the thread..... hmm.)

Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Contributing Member

Getting PPC ads like Google adsense is not an issue if you have a decent site. There could be some compatibility issues with similar ad types, but you can always mix with a content sensitive ppc ad like adsense with an in text ad like contera and some other type. Also you can join some affiliate programs as well.

Basically getting approved by a network is not your problem, but estabishing a forum is. Forums are extremely difficult to get the first few people to register and reach a criticaql massm beyond which is it fairly automated and easy to grow. So instead of worrying about how to monitize the forum and how to send your traffic to other sites, just think of how to get your forum popular (okay, the same advice !). Most difficult part about any website is getting traffic, the rest is pretty easy.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:29 AM

Well it depends on the company and those ads are also called rotating ads. They may ask for a fixed amount.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Contributing Member

If you are looking to sell advertising space in your forum then you can try this website which is buysellads.com. They will take 30% of total advertising revenue and you will get 70% of the revenue.

Other than that you can also try to sell advertising space directly, so that you can keep 100% revenue yourself.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 PM

My suggestion is, if interested in creating forums make it useful because internet is full of forums and very less are useful. The best and fastest way you can earn is Google AdSense. Though it has lots of issue with terms and condition, more often unreliable for forums but if you manage to keep your forums white with original and useful information when you can earn pretty well with Google AdSense.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 AM

use google adsense & info link

& Also I saw ad company taggify .. Have a look at it ..i don't know about there reputation ..check before you work with them..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue