Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 11-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Do You Charge Money for Guest Blog Posts?

My question is for anyone to answer and I expect you to backup your answer with a reason why.

Do you charge visitors to write a "Guest" blog post on your blog and why do you do this?

I'm not talking about hiring someone to write daily content on your blog. I'm talking about you have a guest posting page up with instructions for submitting a guest blog post on your blog. I don't charge anyone money and delete blog posts in the que that broke my own rules.

I know it's to earn revenue but If i was to pay someone to write a guest blog post on there blog and find out 2 weeks later the original quality blog post was deleted, I'd be upset and would get even and write a blog post about the poor blog owner stealing my money. lol

Yes charging money upfront to write a blog post on your blog will scare away the article spinners, spammers from submitting but there other ways to earn revenue on your blog. If you have guest posting guidelines setup on your blog, you can just delete submitted blog posts and not have anything to worry about as you following your own rules.

Thoughts on what I just discussed?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Contributing Member

its a great topic and i would love to answer it.
Personally I dont Charge for Guest Post on My Forum
Why?

Because i need my blog to be updated regularly ,if i do that i am getting good quality content which still remains the TOP priority for any blog to monetize it.

But at the same time if i had a Blog with PR3-PR4 and decent traffic there would not be any harm in accepting few guest post regularly to keep monetizing your blog.

You still choose the content that you want to post and you are still in full control over who can post ,what content, i dont see any problem.

I do offer blog owners X amount of money for Guest Posting on their blogs.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
My question is for anyone to answer and I expect you to backup your answer with a reason why.

Do you charge visitors to write a "Guest" blog post on your blog and why do you do this?

I'm not talking about hiring someone to write daily content on your blog. I'm talking about you have a guest posting page up with instructions for submitting a guest blog post on your blog. I don't charge anyone money and delete blog posts in the que that broke my own rules.

I know it's to earn revenue but If i was to pay someone to write a guest blog post on there blog and find out 2 weeks later the original quality blog post was deleted, I'd be upset and would get even and write a blog post about the poor blog owner stealing my money. lol

Yes charging money upfront to write a blog post on your blog will scare away the article spinners, spammers from submitting but there other ways to earn revenue on your blog. If you have guest posting guidelines setup on your blog, you can just delete submitted blog posts and not have anything to worry about as you following your own rules.

Thoughts on what I just discussed?
I don't know, I just couldn't take any website seriously that charges for blog posts. I mean it would be like "selling links" which is clearly against Google's guidelines.

And why on Earth would someone pay so that THEY can write for someone's blog or site? To get a backlinks... Thus, it's like charging for backlinks.

Anyway, money shouldn't be the determining factor for any webmaster regarding which articles they'll accept and which ones they won't. Instead, it should be quality! And quality has nothing to do with the admission cost, if you know what I mean.

So long story short, even though I currently don't accept guest posts, I certainly wouldn't charge any money.

Just my thoughts,
Steve

Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 PM

charg for what? i think it good if have good quality articles for free

Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfiii View Post
charg for what? i think it good if have good quality articles for free
I'm talking about charging people to write a guest blog post on your blog.

In fact, read this blog post.

Why You Should not Charge for Publishing Guest Post on Your Blog – Ever!

Quote:
In a rather catastrophic, post-panda scenario, when a number of internet marketing techniques seem to be falling like nine pins, guest blogging continues to be a win-win-win situation for all parties involved.

Please note that the third ‘win’ in the above preposition is not a typo, because there are actually more than two beneficiaries in this proposition.

A good quality guest post ensures that the blog owner gets good quality content added to their blog, whereas guest author gets considerable exposure, readers get to read some valuable advice, and search engines get some fresh, good quality material to show in their results, because a big majority of guest posts are quality content because there’s a hard-hitting human editor making sure no substandard post gets the chance to go on web.

So far, so good … but recently, a rather off-putting trend is taking place i.e. more and more bloggers are now starting to charge money for publishing guest posts. There can be many reasons, they might be..
Continued at: http://myblogguest.com/blog/why-you-...our-blog-ever/

Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member

Personally, we don't charge for guest blogs.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

IMO, any site that is charging for guest articles is in the link selling business.

Like Snakeair, I welcome guest posts. I don't charge, I don't pay, and I don't promise to publish if the article does not meet my standards.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Contributing Member

If anything I have a couple of great sites where I would love to get more contributions, but so often it seems the self interest for the link outweighs the desire to write good content. I actually WANT to write great things about the users of phpLD and even link to them, and hope to do more of that this year. I would also be happy to write something for someone else, but not on a site that specializes in selling links and calling it guest blog posting. There is a difference between recognizing the writer and where they come from and it all being about link placement.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
If anything I have a couple of great sites where I would love to get more contributions, but so often it seems the self interest for the link outweighs the desire to write good content. I actually WANT to write great things about the users of phpLD and even link to them, and hope to do more of that this year. I would also be happy to write something for someone else, but not on a site that specializes in selling links and calling it guest blog posting. There is a difference between recognizing the writer and where they come from and it all being about link placement.
That is why guest blog post guidelines is a must. The high traffic blogs are strict on approving guest blog posts even though it's free. If you miss out on following 1 guideline, kiss your blog post goodbye.

I don't believe in selling links. (Ok, banner ads but that's a whole nothing topic). Most of the writers are writing just for a backlink and not actually writing for that one blogs audience in providing an excellent blog post to it's subscribers. Yes, you will get a chance to link drop in the blog post but write for that one blogs audience. One blog that someday if I can improve my writing I'd like to get something published on: http://www.famousbloggers.net/submit-your-article lol

Old 01-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

I am with Scriptman and Snakeair, I don't charge for guest blog posts. I think you can build an good relationship with those who you guest post for and who you allow to guest post for you.

If they know the same topic or do some good research and write relevant content, I'll be more than happy to post their articles free of charge. I will allow up to 2 links....if the content is good.

I have been receiving numerous emails for guest posting, some is good and some not. You would just have to be the judge on what you put on your site or blog.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM

I have some blog's they don't charge single penny for the guest blogging on their blog. they are here to help the people with the information regarding the topic.

Nirav Patel

Last edited by snakeair; 01-15-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

I don't charge for guest posts in my blog, but I do expect good quality, related to my blog and limited links.
If an article has good quality, it will help my blog and will help the author to promote his/her services. Also, I will link and promote such posts to maximize the benefit to both of us.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Contributing Member

Whener I get approached for guest authoring I don't charge anyone. I retain all of the ability to edit and also dispatch low quality posts.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

This seriously is a great topic because you are looking at the whole concept of doing guest posting from another totally new standpoint, getting paid to publish articles instead of paying the writers. I strongly believe if you ask for money, after a little while the traffic flow to your weblog will experience a sharp decline because if the authors are going to spend time, and write original copies to match your web guidelines and still having to make payment, they would instead look for purchasing links from other sources.

Besides, the main reason why many freelancers and webmasters do guest blogging is that they look for free ways of spreading the word about their own businesses and improve their sites which need traffic. They naturally are not in a position to make payment for the contents that have created and are offering as free.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

What I have tried is also starting up a rewards program for registered writers and visitors to the site. It was based on cpa networks that usually did content-locking ads.

Basically, the scale was $1/100 points net 30 days.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Contributing Member

I blog and know a couple of other blog owners and we never charge for guest posting. I mean you are already getting quality content for free... I think that only the most popular blogs would be able to get away with this.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliterservices View Post
I blog and know a couple of other blog owners and we never charge for guest posting. I mean you are already getting quality content for free... I think that only the most popular blogs would be able to get away with this.
And those charge for this, are not good for link building as they are selling links and there would be high OBL...... and Google may classify as link seller..

Old 03-13-2013, 06:27 AM

I don't charge if the guest post includes link of other blogs, but I charge if it has links of any commercial or company website

Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM

You can charge for guest post many website are "selling" posts for $20-200. I have some blogs, but I don't charge money, because I need fresh relevant content. So if the article is quality and unique I always publish it. We both win.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 AM

I charge for blogposts because i can create my own content and uğdate my blog regularly.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue