Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Contributing Member

Do you make money from Popup ads?

Just wondering if anyone here has been making money from popup advertising on their sites. How many popups do you show? And what's the kind of revenues you make from this?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

I was using this service called slideupads. It wasn't really considered a popupad because it was at the bottom of the page. I was using it to help me get traffic. I can't say that it did though and people said they found it to be annoying. There are a lot of programs like those but I don't see anyone using them.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

Just checked slideupads - I think they do look annoying. And the fact that they are just another ad unit at the end of the day makes me think that your traffic is dependent on the CTRs you get from them; which should not be more than 1.5% or 2%.

I was interested in popups because they help you increase your Alexa ranking by directly loading your site on the browser. Every impression of the 'ad' is actually your website loading on the browser window.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

I tested popup ads a few years ago, for about a day. Personally, if you care more for your website than the money you earn, it's better to avoid this type of advertisements...

People don't like it, the only site's I ever see pop up ads are proxy sites, websites with good content tend to stick to just AdSense.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Contributing Member

I don't recommend putting pop ups. First the pay is super low and you can probably make same amount of money with a better approach as your in page ads. Secondly, Google may soon penalize the sites with pop ups. There are a lot of vibes about this topic.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoox View Post
Every impression of the 'ad' is actually your website loading on the browser window.
Does that still register with pop-up blockers, just wondering.. Hmm probably not.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGNetwork View Post
I tested popup ads a few years ago, for about a day. Personally, if you care more for your website than the money you earn, it's better to avoid this type of advertisements...

People don't like it, the only site's I ever see pop up ads are proxy sites, websites with good content tend to stick to just AdSense.
Exactly .. totally agree with your comment. I had also tried various ads like popup ads, peeloff ads, etc but was not satisfied with those. Also my site visitors were getting distracted

Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGNetwork View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seo4You View Post
hi
If you're not planning on having the website too long and itís just here for quick money then yes this method will help.
My sites have been online for years. When I put new sites online, the plan is to keep them there. I'm not trying to make a quick buck. I also put my company name and logo on all of the sites. Not using pop-up ads means my brand will not having a reputation for being annoying. I don't use pop-up ads. They only lower the quality of the site.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

When you setup pop ups, you may notice your bounce rate will be higher. It is not the best customer experience. As for how to setup them on the site, it will be the best if you can show maximum of two pop ups per day. Don't show them on the first page visit, show them maybe on 2nd and 5th page visit. These numbers depends on your site too.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone here has been making money from popup advertising on their sites. How many popups do you show? And what's the kind of revenues you make from this?
When you first start out, I think it is acceptable to use pop-ups. Maybe 1-2 and that is it. Afterwards, you shouldn't rely on popups to gain revenue. It will diminish value of the site by driving away the traffic.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member

I have never tried this type of advertising. because I personally avoid to visit those websites who use popups. and many people think like me about this.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 AM

Yeah I used it for about 2 weeks before and then turned it off. It really did not increase my revenue much at all, pretty much stayed the same. Besides, like others said, it makes your site look crummy.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

pop ads are good in terms of earning. but we need to have many visitors to our site to take benefit of the pop ads, but website visitors point of view they don't like pop ads.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM

pop ads usually have good rates, but visitors don't like them, so if you don't want to earn some money, avoid them.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned

Agree with OP above, pop up ads just ruin your site... you can try several networks though which work with sich ads, f.e. CPMfun

Old 03-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member

Have used them in the past when I had a popular mobile phone related forum.My users hate them and they didn't bring in much money either. So it has been a no no since then.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

I recommend staying away from Popups. Why? They irritate the user the most. The only thing I would consider poping up is a sign up box with some social media options, nothing for monetization.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

I personally wouldn't use a popup ad. I think the best alternative would be those ads that appears before you visit a website. But even those are annoying.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I do better avoiding them. My members detest popups/unders. They're nothing more then a traffic killer to me...

Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Contributing Member

My Opinion Is That popup Ads Are Not good For Adsense user, it can cause account disable

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue