Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM

Blogger Looking to Monetize

Hello All:

I am a blogger who has never monetized a website before. No google ads. No banner ads. Nothing.

My blog is a political/news article aggregation type blog meaning that I cover a wide range of topics (politics, economy, real estate, crime and punishment).

I don't have any interest in Adsense, because I think the ads are ugly and frankly dont believe my audience will click the ads. My blog has a PR3 and I am wondering if I can get paid to insert links into my posts.

For example, say I am writing about how foreclosures in my region are on the decline and housing starts are up. In that post, I could insert a link to another site that was content relevant. I am not talking about posting a "guest post" by someone else. Just looking to make some money off of links.

Can this be done? If so, what would be realistic expectation on a cost for a link that I could hope to charge? This would be for a permanent link in the post.

FWIW, my site viewership is not overwhelming so this would primarily be geared towards those who are looking to beef up their link profile as opposed to driving real traffic to their site.

While we are on the subject, I assume a link on the actual sidebar area where the link doesn't roll off the front page would be more valuable than a link placed in a post, right?

I realize this is probably a nuisance post for some of you savvy veterans, but I have been trying to research this and I am reading a lot of conflicting information.

Thank you.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

You could join affiliate programs that pertain to the subjects you write about. You can join affiliate programs through affiliate networks such as: http://www.cj.com

http://www.linkshare.com
http://www.shareasale.com

It seems like you want to charge people to place a link in a particular blog post. I guess you could do that but you would have to figure what you would charge.

Also, you could use http://www.infolinks.com if you want to have advertisements that pertain to the topics you write about.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

You have many options such as infolinks and nrelated. Don't flood your website with links from outside even if they mean to give you income. I have been hearing from many people that they allowed many guest bloggers to place links in their sites. Now Google is taking away their traffic.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM

You could check out some CPA offers too, like MaxBounty or NeverBlueAds. I know they have some offers on how to avoid foreclosure at least. You are provided with a simple code that you embed into your post. This code gives you a nice image too

Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Contributing Member

You want to try a variety of different things, everything from Adsense, to affiliate programs, to CPA. I had a lack of success with a high ranking site until I finally found the method that worked best for me.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Goto offervault and find an offer related to your blog, pick and promote.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue